SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Since the actual "item" is named with the sizes, they should probably have their own pages. I've been working through the existing ones, and I'll work at the missing ones next.

Anpu and Lained like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

A good starting list is the fishing leader board set to 30 days.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Verified that all of the fish on the board are currently listed.

However, I wonder if we should add a row for other items you can fish up, like cloth and leather armor, the ancient ring, etc. At least in the latter case, its the only way to get the item.

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

Maybe leave the ring/necklace pages in the main fishing category and a single page for the trash armour?

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Yes, I really need to get this done. I havn't gone through the tutorial for a long time. I'll see what I can do to make this happen. In the mean time, I've moved this to the Discussion page as an archive.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

oh hey, new crown:
    will need a pattern page too
    i added it to the bundle page

Lord of the Isle Crown
    {{Infobox_Item
    |image=
    |weight=1
    |value=100
    |itemtype=[[uses skill::Heavy Armor Skill|Heavy Armor]]
    |dresistance=3
    |davoidance=3
    |durability=80
    |fizzle=0
    |available=[[Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundle]]
    }}

[[Category: Plate Armor]]

Browncoat Jayson and Anpu like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

onbe list is locked down, cannot edit:

Roper DocHoliday, May 31, 2017, for helping other players, settling a town dedicated to new players, and hrowing End of the World parties that welcome players

11. Browncoat Jayson

Looks like it is a high traffic page, so you have to log in before you can edit it. I've fixed the typo tho. Thanks!

Alley Oop likes this.
  12. Alley Oop

Anpu likes this.
  13. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

hi @Browncoat Jayson. was thinking of adding a bosses page on the wiki. a page that hunters can go to and find new bosses/named enemies to slay :)

14. Browncoat Jayson

Probably a good idea. Easiest way would be to add a category, and then we can query on the category to fill in the page.

I'm not sure of the name to use. "Boss" kind of indicates they are actually part of the storyline, like Cabalists, which some are. However, "Named Enemy" or "Named Creature" are more generic (perhaps too much so). I'll look at it tonight.

Anpu and Tirrag like this.
  15. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

thank you :) yes name for page i couldn't think of a good one especially since one could consider an ancient or aether dragon as large prey. badasses comes to mind :) maybe a page that can query all enemies with HP over 5000 and then sorting by name? that would be a good generic way of building the page. monster category would be also good there since a lot of times name doesnt really indicate what they are. of course that would rely on getting HP in for all of them but i am slowly getting that accomplished as i find them, hunt them down, and slay them :D

16. Browncoat Jayson

It looks like there is already a category for Bosses, so feel free to add that to any of the pages you want. I'll set up the page to query them and show what scene(s) they are in, etc, when I get some time to code it.

Anpu likes this.
  17. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

perfect so it looks like adding category Bosses to the detail page on the mob will then get it included there correct? any quarrels with adding high-level mobs in that category too? i will get started on adding that category to enemies i add info for.

on a different note, is there a translation guide for the cryptic scene identifier name (ie Novia_R1_Forest01_01) to scene name? i havent been able to find one. that might be something else we can provide as well by adding it to the scene pages somewhere.

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I have a master list of (most) all the scene names and the related map name. I can pm you that list Jayson if you wish.

Tirrag likes this.
  19. Browncoat Jayson

Yes, that will add them to the page when I get it created. I don't know if we should just add high-level mobs there, since they are not really what we're looking for there (unique, named encounters). If you have something specific in mind tho, let me know.

There is a list that is part of the API, here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/SotaNavigator/Engine/v_1_1_0/map_list_v_1_1_0.php

But if you have a better, more complete list, yes please send it over. I've been meaning to go through and add them to the location infobox so they are searchable.

Anpu likes this.
  20. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Overall I like to hunt big things because its fun and challenging :) I think others may have fun doing it as well but there is really no way of seeking out the big stuff other than just going from scene entry to scene entry and looking. Most of the time the named bosses are the big stuff but like you said because they are named doesnt mean they are a boss and if they dont have a name doesnt mean they arent big and fun to hunt. So maybe there is a solution somewhere?