Shadow Beasties in Spindleskog

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Oh, the regular spider loot is fine. (I do craft spider poison already, but I tend to use it as much as sell it. At least, when I'm actually fighting anything vulnerable to poison...) I do wish it dropped a lot more stuff per spider in Spindelskog, given that the t11-t12 spiders there are dropping around the same as spiders with half the HP elsewhere, but it's not terrible. What bugged me was 6k-10k mobs that take a fair amount of effort to kill dropping the same as 300 hp ghosts. (Especially since , while farming for recipes, I'm generally ignoring the normal spiders anyway.) The fact that maybe on occasion they might drop an essence, or even more rarely a recipe, didn't feel like a proper justification for making them so bad the rest of the time. Though, I admit there's not much in game that makes sense for them to drop. It's already weird they drop gold. I guess pots and scrolls sorta make sense, in that they're magical creatures. Maybe also lunaism gems or amethysts, to keep with the shadow/moon/night theme. I didn't really expect them to suddenly start dropping artis or bundles or anything. (Though who knows; with drop rates in this game, they might now, but it'll take me a month to have it happen.) It might have been cool if they also had a chance to drop some unique components. Maybe the spiders have a leg that could be refined into a handle or bowstave like the spider queen does, and the others could drop heads to make shadowy version of the bear and wolf hats.

Anyway. I suppose I should be glad they don't drop rusty spoons now. I'd prefer the drop rate for essences cranked way up, maybe to 1 in 3 kills drop essences. But given how fast higher level players plow though them, it makes sense. I think the drop rate only sucks because us mere mortals can't slap 'em down in three or four hits.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They need to drop at least one essence per shadow creature every time.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Luno likes this.
  3. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Where is this stats from. Can we all look at it, is this information available publicly?

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

https://sotagraphs.com/

That's the public API data. Not everything is listed on there though. This is a free website a player set up, for everyone to use.

Due note we do not get to see real time but have to wait a few days.

5. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

So the shadow creatures drop caltrops and cure poison potion too now.... yay? :cool:
    The shadow shield potion does not stack with air shield which is good... but if you get hit with torpid torment, it removes your potion... so, so much for all that grinding. With the essence drop increased it's still a grind to get essence to craft the potions. Especially in a group, so I have no incentive to group up in this social game to go grind stuff.... that sucks.

Luno likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This game is all about grinding, especially group grinding.

7. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Where does a shadow creature get Caltrop from I wonder.

Also since @Chris has added a special loot table for this zone and its creatures. Why doesn't he hand pick a select few items they should drop or even create new one. This is an amazing opportunity for him to get this right and make the actual perfect zone for adventurer to truly enjoy.

Superbitsandbob likes this.
  8. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I grind in Spindleskog a lot. The only loot that was initially useful was the shadow poison recipes and the shadow essences.
    Now i have all the recipes, and a lot of essences...so getting more of those is relatively worthless for me.
    For the recent loot "improvement", I just got a few additional junk loot items.

I have never seen COTO's or artifacts drop in this zone. Maybe i was unlucky; however, if these are not part of the loot tables, they should be.
    Maybe also add a rare chance of pristine shadow bear head and shadow wolf head that we can mount or use in craft-able head gear? Also maybe pristine shadow spider legs to use in craftable gear?

Also, we have a moon spell called Shadow Form that has nothing in common with the Potion of Shadow Form, yet they both have the same name.
    This is a minor point, but I like consistency. Since the potion improves agility (dexterity), perhaps it would be more consistent to re-name the Potion of Shadow Form to one of the following:
    1) Potion of Shadow Movement
    2) Potion of Shadow Deftness
    3) Potion of Shadow Agility
    Again, minor point.

Hmmm...not sure why i make these posts...does anybody the dev team actually read and process the comments?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, this is just so... it's almost a great scene. The XP is really good, even solo. But most T5 scenes have better loot. If shadow essences dropped on every shadow creature... I mean, that'd be better, if you wanted shadow essences, or if there was a good market for them.

I'd like to tell myself that this a new ep 2 under construction scene, and will maybe eventually get better stuff... but then I look at all the unfinished stuff in ep1...

Dollar Bill likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It won't be so much when they drop the 2x.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

True. But that applies to everywhere, so it will still be relatively good.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

[​IMG]
    I love this. I wish that I could actually use these potions but the ingredients are just not reasonable.

Cora Cuz'avich likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

From the R81 release notes:
    • Shadow Creatures: These beasts now drop 4X more Shadow Essences and have received other small loot increases.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=125133

No idea if that content was actually added, just passing on this information.

EDIT: This was patched in a while ago.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It was patched in a while ago.

Barugon and Anpu like this.
  15. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Unfortunately the scene starts to count up thousands of warnings in /debug and as of a month or so everyone I know stopped going there. Same thing happens with aether liches... once they appear in a zone, warnings start to appear and hitching starts until you eventually build up 20+ gb ram usage and get 1 frame a second or worse. Been bugged but not sure of resolution. Definitely send tied to particle effects. Update @Chris @Ravalox @Elgarion ?

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Related, maybe? I've not had problems in Normal, even after a several hours.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did they up the drop rate of shadow essence again? I just spent around an hour there and got 12 essences. Maybe I was just lucky?

18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It's really erratic. I can go an hour without getting one, then get five or six in a few minutes.

I finally got the Shadow Form recipe, though. Just one more to go.

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I went back the next day for an hour and got 2. I was just lucky before.

20. Luno

Luno Avatar

Tried Spindelskog (hard ) with a friend for the first time, just a couple of essences in more than an hour, lot of xp, loot is a disgrace, one shadow mob gave us 5g, terrible
    I wonder after 2x removal what will happen to this new zone

Sara Dreygon and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.