1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[As Designed] Stats in Character Sheet change size

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Violet Ronso, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

04/23/2020 11:18
    Title: Stats in Character Sheet change size
    Reproduction Rate: 100% with my current build?
    Blocker? No
    Details: When I use focus, my character info from my character sheet (focus, health and all that jazz) end up changing sizes from time to time, going from filling the sheet to becoming smaller, it is kind of weird and annoys the eyes!
    Steps to Reproduce: Open Character sheet (C), use skills or spells that spend focus
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16333
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti GPU RAM: 1998
    SotA.Win.64.1182.Date.04.21.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Reed's Glen
    Area Display Name: Reed's Glen
    Loc: (-28.0, 52.7, 92.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJlZWQncyBHbGVufCgtMjguMDEzLCA1Mi42NzksIDkyLjUwMSl8KDAsIDAuMzEzLCAwLCAwLjk1KXwzOTYuMTg2NnwyNi4xOTQzMXw1LjYwNjc4MQ==

Here are also some screenshots to show what I am getting, no clue why this happens, but it always happens with my current stats as soon as I start using focus!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Violet Ronso is this still happening for you? I cannot reproduce it on my side.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

@Justyn I will try tonight and come back here to let you know!

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I've had that. I think it was font scaling to fit all of the info on a line into the width of the window as numbers change. For instance, "1395" is wider than "1313", so it changes the size of the font. My gold/weight line causes a lot of font scaling.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

@Justyn I have not been able to reproduce this this release with my focus, will try with gold just in case today and get back to you.

6. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thanks @Violet Ronso I really appreciate you taking time to fiddle with this :)

7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

@Justyn If my screen shots work in my bug report post here , you'll see an example. In this case I think the gold/weight line triggered the font scaling as it is the longest line.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you're seeing the bug i remember that got me to stop using google images, they work for everyone when you are logged into google and not when you log out.

9. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I play in window mode. The font size change after I cast inner strength which add health and weight.

Before inner strength:
    [​IMG]

After inner strength:
    [​IMG]

I suspect window mode with certain resolution may have this issue.

Anpu likes this.
  10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

@Justyn I have screen shots of me reproducing the bug :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the only thing that changed for these 2 screens in the shield I am wearing :

[​IMG]

SSo yeah, the bug is still around, and makes the UI glitchy. Seems to be that the text wants to match the box, when it gets to big it automatically resizes but in this case a bit too small...

11. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

This is currently "As Designed" , but we are working on a revamp of the UI, so this should not be an issue once that is in place. (new UI coding is in progress now, but this is a heavy lift, so the expectation is later in the year before anything significant is revealed)

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.