Huge changes to shroud?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by City Slicker, Sep 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. City Slicker

City Slicker Avatar

Hello. i heard that chris is going to be making some HUGE changes to shroud. Like almost an overhaul. i heard hes going to be making big changes to crafting. adding mounts and alot of Quality of life changes. Is this true? or False? im sorry I am a very busy person in the real world and cant always make it to his Friday streams and announcements. i wish he did them on sundays. i would like to know because i was thinking on giving shroud another try again whenever im not busy anymore if thats the case.

thanks

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings City Slicker
    Yes there have been a lot of changes and a lot more to come. For things that have already happened check this post from @Anpu Significant changes to the game for returning players. As for what @Chris talked about in the last stream... Let me see if I can remember it all. Mounts are coming soon (lots to be configured yet like getting knocked off the horse when attacked), new unique creatures, Sailable ships (not so soon), lots of QoL changes like things you can do on the overworkd, more lava fish and recipes to make mounts and food of them, New building blocks and fences that can be stacked very high, more items you can use for deco, more items for sale in the COTO store that was unique a while back. There is more I just can not remember it all. Check out Anpu's post and come back for a visit. If you need help with anything message me in game at Warrior B'Patrick.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Also there is supposed to be many more skills to be added to most trees, only a few schools got additional skills this year while there is supposed to be 2 or so new skills per Tree this year.

Crafting changes to make taking skills above 100 more worth it is a change that has been planned for a few months as well.

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

Now if only they'd fix the core issues with the game. Mounts and additional skills aren't it.

5. marthos

marthos Avatar

How is this list any different than the 2020 goals, of which most of them never happened? It's one thing to have ideas and make grand statements, but is this stuff actually going to be implemented in the game? I'm sorry if this seems pessimistic, but between the 2020 goals, streams, and forum posts, there's just been A LOT of statements made about what will be added/changing to the game. Way more than can be realistically expected to be implemented by the team. I'm happy for any improvements, but have had my hopes dashed many times.

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I'm 2020 they brought up these as ep2 road map. Its ep2 now so they are being slowly released. All in good time its all coming together.

7. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

and all any of the team need to do is compare optimization with craftopia(also unity made), and to fully nifscope(or unity equivalent) every mesh and texture(skyrim model compressor and editor) to the lowest non-lossy size

8. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Yeah... I'm not listening to any of this "plan". Zero credibility, zero credit. I'll wait to see what is actually done when it is done. Otherwise this is all "the check is in the mail".

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Terrence Phillip and arcdevil like this.
  9. Father Guido Sarducci

Father Guido Sarducci Avatar

The Sims on steroids, the spiritual successor of Ultima, immersive, polished and soundly financially supported. This is one of my most favorite environments I like to go gaming in. We've come a long way from Owlshead and all the polish is amazing. That's my come back view after having taken a break for a while.
    I "love" what I see.

10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If you're happy, I'm happy ! ;)

Seriously ?
    Very kewl...... tell us more, Father Guido !
    And, while you're at it, share the reason you chose your forum name ... ;)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Father Guido Sarducci likes this.
  11. Father Guido Sarducci

Father Guido Sarducci Avatar

I once met Don Novello through a union boss who I was helping with a late night public radio show which catered to the local Hispanic/Latin community. I wrote a song for him within our short time together, but to my knowledge he never used it. We were all in a sort of a Latin American community involvement posse he came to visit, though I am not Hispanic. I was just a side-kick on the show who did visiting band interviews. In short, I'm a fan of his and a plagiarist to his FGS character. He was a really nice guy and I truly think he never reached FGS character's full measure. He was a great comedy writer, yet he only did his own material (that I know of). Anyway, me and the posse were promoting a few local small churches who would often house, cloth and feed poor Hispanic families which came over the border from Mexico. My friend the union boss and he were some kind of long term friends, so Don was supportive of his friend's charity work within that community. As far as the Bingo thing, Don had a part of his FGS act at the time that centered around opening Bingo Parlors to help the church and I thought it was funny, but I can only remember laughing at it. Don Novello was a nice and charitable man and I loved his Father Guido Sarducci character and hope to bring a little of his character into our New Britannia :)
    Who wouldn't right?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Please someone tell me that the quest system and journal will be changed. I quickly scrolled through Anpu's post but didn't see anything. I hope I just overlooked plans for a major overhaul.

I just logged in to glance at my journal to see if it had changed, and it seems to be the same old atrociously bad journal. I still can't do a search in my recipe book. Why the heck are people excited to get mounts when these essential things are so bad?

Chatele, Astirian, lordbane and 9 others like this.
  13. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

You heard right. Check back in January.

14. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Personally I wouldn't get too hyped on things they say are coming because that's a good way to get let down.

Elnoth and Last Trinsic Defender like this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Supposedly there will be a new system for Episode 2 coming, but the few quests in those scenes so far use the existing system. There are no plans at the moment to redo Episode 1 quests to use the new system. Since it hasn't been seen yet, it's hard to say if it's still in process, or there will be any way if telling if it works differently at all to the end user.

The actual journal may have some changes at some point to allow better sorting and tracking. That will likely be after the new system comes online, as I doubt what we have now is tagged to do any of that.

New maps are being worked on, so new scenes should get maps as they come out, or at least soon after. Again, conflicting reports if any of the (many) missing maps for Episode 1 will be created as well.

I still don't understand making changes only for Episode 2. New players will never get there to see them, and those scenes are catering only to high level characters. If the lower level scenes are not fun and accessible, who cares if the high level ones are?

Celthon, Tirrag, Elnoth and 11 others like this.
  16. City Slicker

City Slicker Avatar

ok Dad

17. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

if you want to get hyped go watch old telethons and livestreams from past years and check out the follow through rate from all the things they promised.....

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  18. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

More story!!! More quests (with Story!!!)

You all are working on the wrong sh$^

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I agree. There's enough systems in place; they need to focus on story and quests.

Chatele likes this.
  20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I agree with this bit, but lets be honest, is there a single system that is actually finished? I would like to see the systems complete before anything, Why add story and quests if they aren't using the right quest system (considering they want to change it) and that the current quests still lead to major **** ups if you don't follow the guides to complete them? Complete the systems, I don't care about the order, if people want quest system first, sure, but finish them, stop leaving at 80%

Chatele, GMDavros, lordbane and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.