Loot in Extreme Zones

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sara Dreygon, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

One trip to Myrkur Extreme:

All T15 and T16 mobs with 28k - 38k HP and pretty much everything killed can one-shot.

627 gold
    8 long bows
    31 obsidian chips
    9 lich essence
    6 potions
    1 yellow bundle
    65 arrows
    2 repair kits
    Try splitting that 8 ways

Zero artifacts or anything special or of note - including taming chests that are dropped by the high level archers in UT but don't seem to be dropping from these 28k - 38k archers.

@Elgarion Can you please let Chris know the new zones are not done until the loot is done. Zones need to have a reason to go to them or they're just a waste of time, especially since they don't give XP if you're in a group. I can get more loot going to a T2 zone.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. Katu

Katu Avatar

Thats just sad.. And broken.. Mostly sad..
    Same loot as with any other mob in this game.

(Just wait here, brigade of players with RMT and crafting mains come to tell you that "tHiS iS NoT a lIkE THe OtHER GamES. PlAyEr EcONomY anD CrAFtInG.")

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

#TheYearLootGetsFixed

4. Luno

Luno Avatar

But we have new fish to catch .......
    Shroud of the fisherman

Cordelayne and Grumpy Krabnevir like this.
  5. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

@Sara Dreygon , I don't understand your complaint, after ONLY 9 mobs you got a painting AND a yellow bundle AND a recipe. Please stop showing off, us mere mortals can only dream of great loot like that.

6. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

All those kills and not looted attenuated?!

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am unaware of any patch notes or weekly release notes stating the loot part of the scaled scene were added?

We are currently still here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=123519

Dynamically Scaled Difficulty will not only scale the tier level of spawns, but also the experience awarded for each opponent defeated. (This is what is currently being worked on?).

After further testing occurs, loot will also scale accordingly. (This has never been added yet).

Luno and Net like this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Fine, we are still at that step, but is work being done on the dynamic loot scaling now? I suspected when Lamechs bazaar came out that loot scaling would be forgotten or put aside, and without any surprises, we have zones being added to the Scaling Difficulty without any scaling loot yet. I understand that the loot has not been worked on yet, the issue lies in the fact that loot seems to be part of the 20% of forgotten work the Portnip team seems to have a habit of forgetting no matter the feature. Dynamic scaling zones should have stopped at Lamechs Bazaar while they figured out the loot before introducing any more zones using this system.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That’s the current content delivery system Chris wants to use. Add content to live at various states of development.

I personally (and many others) don’t like this kind of content delivery system, but that is how it will continue.

There are however advantages and disadvantages to this type of content delivery system. You can discuss that with Chris, perhaps on the next stream he does.

Sara Dreygon and Luno like this.
  10. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Loot is poor overall, and I find sometimes I get multiple supply bundles and a lot of time I get no supply bundles. very uneven, not sure if there is an amount of them in the treasure pool based on people online but it seems like that,

Waldo Ptolomy

11. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Poor loot doesn't stop people from going to ERG. Isn't the ability to attenuate so quickly an attraction in itself?

Sometimes the balance is killing more lower level mobs for the loot, or killing less for the XP!

12. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Warp spider loot get upgraded yet?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Poor loot doesn't stop people from going to ERG because ERG is the easiest and fastest way to attenuate, but the thing is, most zones offer neither, nor good loot, nor good experience, yet are way too challenging to not give something. Like Sara said, you could potentially head over to an outskirts zone and get more loot that fighting mobs who have 30k hp, and with the experience split, you are far from attenuating too. There needs to be a reward at the end of the challenge, because only saying "I killed it" is not enough. If the monster never respawned, and actually allowed you free passage through a path or something it was blocking, that would be something, but it isn't even that, the monsters will respawn after you kill them, but will give loot worth MAYBE 2 Satyrs in Tartarus (which have about 2k hp, so this lich has about 1500% the HP), I don't know about the experience, but clearly it isn't enough to justify the kill considering :
    so what is the reason to adventure in this zone? This is a question the team is not able to answer, but this community have been giving them suggestions that actually make sense in the context of this game for years now.

It's simple really, people actually spend time "playing" this game, they spend money on it, some create content for it, they do QA, bug reports, help newer players, and try to themselves create a reason to do things in this game, this game becomes more of a chore than anything sometimes, and that is a feeling that they need to get rid of because one day people are just going to leave and never come back, as I am pretty sure many are just on the edge of doing, but are still hoping (me included). Devs need to start working on adding elements of rewards after a challenge, they need to actually rethink their position towards the saying "Risk vs Reward", and I think they should consider finishing systems before moving on to the next, but you know, there isn't any patch notes saying they are working on actually finishing stuff, so I shouldn't keep my hopes up from what I read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.