What happened to durability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loaffer, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loaffer

Loaffer Avatar

Seems here lately that my armor is taking a real beating lately, I use over 50 ancient essence a week. My Armor Preservation is 128. In Spindelskog HARD Mode after repairing my boots to full, It dropped 5 points of durability with 40 kills.

Chatele, Lou and amarious like this.
  2. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

This is the problem of this game, instead of working on new things devs preferr to nevef everything every 5 mins.here +/- same with the passive at 135 and 3 pieces with derability effectiveness.
    One almost thinks that the devs have made a deal with those who craft.

Xiones and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Then we wonder why people don't stay and play, a month of farming to buy the armor that lasts for a week ...

Boris Mondragon, Loaffer and Chatele like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did you guys think that this might actually be a bug?

5. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Someone did request on the increase of the maximum durability so to be able do more enchanted and masterwork on, but in return the wear down will be faster, but it's actually the same as older patch with only lower max durability but slower wear down due to low durability., so guys don't be too surprised

6. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

ALL are surprised.who is this "someone" who asked that useless thing?

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you training Armor and Weapon Preservation skills and getting the 3 day blessing from the Elysium Mines?

StarLord likes this.
  8. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

i think without them armor will last for really 1 day at max

9. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Pretty sure it is not a bug. Chris implemented this himself about 2 or so releases back. According to his statements, it was a way to begin the process of removing artifacts from the game. According to what I remember was said at the time, this new rate of durability loss was only to affect artifacts, which seems to be true based upon my own play experience.

I'm not sure exactly what the reasoning for removing items that he himself designed and put in the game is, maybe someone else knows more details on that.

Chris talked about it in one of his streams, no idea which one it was, but this has been known by at least some people since then.

@Gyzarus I don't think the max durability on artifacts changed did it? Mine are still the same as they always have been.

Barugon likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not cool that information like this only goes out to a limited audience instead of being posted here.

Gorthyn, Aldo, Cordelayne and 6 others like this.
  11. Loaffer

Loaffer Avatar

No I am getting 2 dex buffs as I am a archer

12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Artifacts are now designed to degrade faster than player made items now that we have up to epics in which are very powerful in comparison. The costs to use them now is a lot higher and fully understand what you mean. I have a bunch on me that I am always repairing now. Player made gear I think will be getting a boost in the near future which will make them on par with some artifacts. guess we will see. Also if you have ever major repaired I think each major makes it degrade faster until its no longer a viable option to use and requires a replacement.

Chiasma, Anpu, Sorgin Txakal and 2 others like this.
  13. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Do you have any idea how ugly and frustrating it is to be terrified of not being able to play for too long because maybe an armor that came out well with an extra enchantment and less durability would last you a couple of days at the most?
    someone will farm rings, 64 to make the epic and they don't last for anything ...
    at this point they let those to the crafting also get off, which never break.Why only those who play actively must suffer this injustice while crafters bots for the crafting expirience?

14. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

if this is the way that the devs have chosen then that it decreases the durability of the enchant or masterwork rings when crafting.
    so we see that the reaction of those who pushed in this absurd direction.

15. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Armor durability damage is proportional to the damage received. If we solo using cloth armor and light armor, the armor breaks much faster as they have less damage resistance than plate and less defense support from heavy armor skills.

I often solo with cloth and a few artifacts and notice my armor break quite fast after the change. Then, I changed to wear a chainmail chest, re-enchant my cloth armor with armor durability effectiveness, and getting more armor durability effectiveness buffs. The durability loss is much lower than before as I have 100%+ armor durability effectiveness.

Artifacts often have 100% base durability multiplier. It break much faster as compared to items having higher durability multiplier. The durability multiplier change is mainly for tank issue.

The best way to avoid losing armor durability are having higher defense, higher armor durability effectiveness, and using armor with higher durability multiplier. Being a tamer is the best option right now as they have tank pet and not afraid of any armor durability lose.

16. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I use air shield and solo extreme zones in cloth with little to no gear damage. I repair occasionally but I have never had to use COTO to reset the durability. Maybe it is air shield, since according to my understanding means I take no real damage until I run out of focus (which I am careful to never do; second specialization is focus for me just to keep focus regenerating). Between that an bard regen focus I can keep air shield up and gear protected. Maybe try air shield and see if that helps? Air shield is not easy to live with (no chaotic feedback, death spells useless etc) but it works for me. Hope this helps.

StarLord and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.