Next QA release sounds like a doozy

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Tirrag, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Please @Ravalox could we ensure we get a complete list of changes and any testing details we need to be made aware of? Very much appreciated :)

FrostII, Echondas and Anpu like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

From Twitter:

Anpu likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson

mounts : What is there to do with this?
    new food rules : What are they?
    LB castle scene : Where is it?
    and more : What is more?

Thanks for your answer Browncoat, but I do not think these answers are sufficient to answer OP's question. I truly think @Chris and @Ravalox need to actually publish the what, when, where and how if they want QA to actually help us help them

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok, so the next qa patch will have the pet attack speed fix, mounts and the food changes. But the food changes will be broken until another patch after this one?

FrostII likes this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I wasn't posting answers, I was posting what we currently know. But good luck getting any more information; they do not generally post notes for QA changes.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I know, that is what I am saying, they SHOULD post it, they should not rely on some nice person who follows them on twitter to give us the barely informative twitter posts they make. I feel like we should stop normalizing the fact that they do updates and expect someone to post the info for them, and they should actually have the info on hand every time. I mean heck they should simply have a Google doc in which every time someone does something they right it down there, and when there is an update, they just post that google doc text to the main website + forums EACH time. We are doing this stuff for them, we are testing stuff, reporting it (and it gets ignore half the time it seems), posting the changelogs that we gather from all the different info sources, what are they doing for their community and game? The way I see it, they just decided we were not worth the effort to actually let us know what is changing because they probably said it at one point and wrote it somewhere, but that is it. They need to put effort on their game.

7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

They could post the Perforce CL's and comments -- when you submit to P4 typically comments are entered.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  8. Katu

Katu Avatar

How can you test something and say "Hey, this works as intented" if you have no idea about the definition of done, how its intented to work? I mean, we all have different expectations on feature implementation details..
    One of the reasons why I don't QA at all.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Sannio likes this.
  11. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

since the referenced thread is locked i wanted to say a big thank you to @Sannio for the more detailed testing directives. exactly what we are needing if we are going to be of any real value in our efforts to QA. im going to do one more test of the updates @wizardsmoke did for watering and will then try out this new scene and quests per your directives.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.