1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Allow us to have a Player Owned Town in offline mode only

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Anpu, Sep 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is one system I would actually like to try and mess around with. And I'm only asking for this as ONLY an offline option. This would no way effect the Live server in any way. This would just be the same size town as the one players can currently purchase (Holdfast?), and any default biome that would be easy for you to add.

I think several benefits could be added, if this could be an option to add:

1. This would allow someone to try out, what it IS actually like to purchase and own a POT (which you can do now, for the Novian Continent only).
    2. Add this as an added feature possibly for Episode 2 owners (for added value, as well as for spending dev time on this).
    3. This also allows anyone to test various POT deco items as well.
    4. The location could be one of the already existing Dev ran POT's (like Mount Midori, Home Town etc...).

I don't *think* existing players who do actually own a Player Owned Town in Online would have an issue with this? But I just wanted to throw that out there, and see what those people think.

Thank you for your time!

And please, discuss this and see what you all think?

FrostII, Cordelayne, Elrond and 13 others like this.
  2. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

This would be nice for testing purposes. Being made the steward of a town by a governor who trusts you not to take actions on your own is also an option, then in the QA server you can go nuts testing things.

Something easier for the devs might be a POT template that everyone is listed as steward of in the QA server that gets wiped with each QA release.

Violet Ronso, Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It would help those who are interested in buying a POT, why not anyway, it's offline! Nice thing would be a quest for offline only that grants us a POT to toy with. What's missing is tenents... maybe NPC's can move in and make the POT it's own hug of activity?

Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I would rather have the POT immediately available, for the specific reason of easy access to see what it is like to own a POT. Kind of a try before you buy options, but also a feature for offline.

Could just add an NPC near the entrance that just has some quick dialogue like Lord British has decreed you take ownership of this town Avatar. Effective immediately! Etc....

Wilfred likes this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This has been brought up by me before. Shot down.

I want a copy of Dara Brae island offline. I can dress it up like I have it in online. I don't care where it is on the map.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The easiest way to do this would be a pre-made/placed area you could obtain ownership of. It shouldn't be too difficult. In fact, I think that would be the only way they'd be willing to do it. A system allowing the player to place a town would be too expensive.

7. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

they should have hometown and all the connected templates set to be governed by the player in offline mode.

CICI, Wilfred, Pifester and 2 others like this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yeah this is about a town that doesn't exist online. I recall they cited 'technical issues' in regards to allowing online towns to be offline.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

My internet is to have this option available, but add it as simple and basic as possible. Period.

Just 1 player owned town, holdfast size, owned by the player, placed somewhere. Any biome. That’s it.

If they want to add to it later, that’s fine too.

FrostII and Wilfred like this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Of course. Like I stated "I can dress it up like I have it in online. I don't care where it is on the map."

So give me a blank island #1 POT on the map anywhere and I can make it Dara Brae. You can make it Dara Brae. EVERYONE can make it Dara Brae.

Wilfred, Fister Magee and Anpu like this.
  11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'd be in favor of this as well as something reasonably generic.
    It adds significant value to the single player experience "building up your base" and makes the single player game much more solid.
    It also can stimulate interest in POT purchases for online

I'd like to see something like this (offline)
    There's a boat somewhere with destinations to unclaimed lands of every flavor.
    You can 'buy' one of these for gold offline (or claim one for free)
    It is now yours and you are governer and you do all the things governers do.
    You can't move it or fiddle with wagons/boats but moving markers around etc. enabled.

This would actually help POT owners test layouts and things too

FrostII, Anpu and Wilfred like this.
  12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

This is a suggestion that might motivate me to start playing again, but only if it is not so expensive to buy lots/houses/decorations in offline mode. My original hope for offline was to be able to decorate an entire NPC town to my heart's desire, but I can't spend half my life grinding gold to purchase these things. I managed to purchase one town lot in offline mode, but lost interest in decorating it.

FrostII likes this.
  13. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It would be fairly easy to place one of each town biome in offline mode. Then just add something to grant the player ownership of one of them; say a Royal Decree that you hand to the Town Crier. Could give this to the player early on, say at the end of the first Outskirts when you get your lot deed.

Anpu likes this.
  14. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

I don't mind if there's an option to allows me to "buy" it in offline mode, not using real money of course, as a good challenge, I wouldn't want it FOC.
    By the way, I played offline mode a lot ... 500 hours and still counting ...

15. CICI

CICI Avatar

add on for offline mode
    player owned town DLC $20 (offline mode only!)
    unlimited gold DLC for $20 (offline mode only!)
    ways for the game to make more cash lol

can add this all on steam too...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    FrostII likes this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

...and wait and see how long until somebody buys a PoT for $20 then throws a fit when they can't use in on the Live server...

Anpu likes this.
  17. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

LMAO ... nono that's not what I mean, I mean allow one can opt to get it by spending hours of hard work in gameplay :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.