1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67779] POT spawn point is broken

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Barugon, Oct 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

10/01/2020 04:57
    Title: Mystic Isle spawn point is broken
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No.
    Details: The spawn point for Mystic Isle is set to the Main Docks but now, as of build 1293, I'm sent to Side Docks 1.
    Steps to Reproduce: See "Details".
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32115
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (NAVI10, DRM 3.38.0, 5.8.11-200.fc32.x86_64, LLVM 10.0.1) GPU RAM: 7849
    SotA.Linux.64.1293.Date.09.30.20
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Mystic Isle
    Area Display Name: Mystic Isle
    Loc: (450.0, 70.0, -315.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE15c3RpYyBJc2xlfCg0NTAsIDcwLjAwMiwgLTMxNS40MzcpfCgwLCAtMC44MTgsIDAsIDAuNTc2KXwyNTAuNTQ5NHwxNi45NDczfDYuNjk5Mzg5

Serenia, StarLord and Chiasma like this.
  2. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

10/01/2020 20:59
    Title: Using POT wagon teleporter always teleport to town boundary 1
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    It was teleporting to the default entrance of the POT but now always teleport to town boundary 1

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32715
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 GPU RAM: 1960
    SotA.Win.64.1293.Date.09.30.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Crafters Town
    Area Display Name: Crafters Town
    Loc: (282.4, 36.0, 64.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxDcmFmdGVycyBUb3dufCgyODIuMzk2LCAzNi4wMDEsIDYzLjk1OCl8KDAsIC0wLjk4NCwgMCwgLTAuMTc2KXwxNTkuODI1fDMxLjAzODA0fDE4

3. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Astrum Spawn pointer is broken too.
    The spawn point for Astrum is set to the Main Docks but now, as of build 1293, I'm sent to Side Docks 1 (same as for Mystic Isle)
    Build 1293.
    Had been OK yesterday.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the reports! Issue #67779

5. Sannio

@Barugon , @Chiasma , and @StarLord , can we get very specific details for each case? It would be great if everyone with this problem could give me a concise step-by-step for their respective issue.

Some important details that will be helpful:
    1. When you enter the POT, how do you enter? (Examples: Overworld, Teleport Scroll, Teleporter.)
    2. When you enter the POT, are you selecting a spawn point from a list of targets? If so, which spawn point are you selecting?
    3. Which spawn point did the Governor select as the default entrance to the POT? (IMPORTANT! This alternative entry change applies ONLY to entry from the overworld).
    4. When you enter the target POT, where did you actually spawn in? Debug location would be helpful. (Type "/loc" in your in-game chat window at your entry point and paste those details into your reply post.)

Anpu likes this.
  6. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

For Q1:
    I use the POT wagon teleporter (the one from COTO store) from POT Meridian to POT Crafter Town. It send me to town boundary 1 of Crafter Town.

Then I take the POT wagon teleporter (the one from COTO store) from POT Crafter Town to POT Meridian. It send me to town bundary 1 of Meridian.

For Q2:
    No selection list as I use POT wagon teleporter (the one from COTO store)

For Q3:
    Crafter town default list should be central bridge. Meridian default list should be the dock.

For Q4:
    I would provide the location of those teleporter soon.

7. Sannio

Thanks for the answers, Chiasma!

Do you know the target locations that were set for the "POT Meridian to POT Crafter Town" wagon and the "POT Crafter Town to POT Meridian" wagon? (You told me where you were sent, but not also where you were supposed to be sent in the respective target POTs).

8. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I think I know what has happened. The target location seems "reset" to town boundary 1 after the latest patch. I changed my POT wagon location again and the teleport issue from POT wagon seems get fixed.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Sannio

Thanks so much for the update!

Chiasma likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Overworld.
    You are not presented with a list when entering a POT (that I know of).
    Main Docks.
    Side Docks 1. I'll add the coordinates later.

Also, I tried setting the spawn point to somewhere else and then back to the Main Docks but that did not correct the issue.

StarLord likes this.
  11. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Same issue in Mysteria side docks 1 spawn in from overworld and recall. I don't have more details just what I remember from last night.

Serenia likes this.
  12. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

From Overworld.
    The ship teleporter from Brittany Wharfs does work properly!

From Overworld I cannot select any spawn point

I am the Governor and never did change the default spawn location AFAIK, definitely not in the last few days.
    I have checked it now and its set to Town Crier (but there are 2 Town Criers in the POT, 1 at the Main Docks and 1 at the Side Docks 1).
    When I port (from a sign post porter) to the available Town Crier then I land near the Main Docks = correct.

As test I have set the default Spawn Point to Main Docks and and I still land at the Side Docks 1 (from Overworld)

Side Docks 1 = Area: Astrum (POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Astrum) Loc: (469.519, 70.22, -308.233)

13. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

Same issue in Norstead since the last patch. My default spawn point for the POT is set to Small Docks, and that was working correctly until the last patch.
    1. When you enter the POT, how do you enter? (Examples: Overworld, Teleport Scroll, Teleporter.) Overworld & NPC town interconnect boat. I haven't tried Teleport to Zone scroll or teleporting from another POT.
    2. When you enter the POT, are you selecting a spawn point from a list of targets? If so, which spawn point are you selecting? There is no selection menu to my POT
    3. Which spawn point did the Governor select as the default entrance to the POT? (IMPORTANT! This alternative entry change applies ONLY to entry from the overworld). Small docks is my default spawn point for Norstead. I was landing there coming from NPC town interconnect boats until the last patch.
    4. When you enter the target POT, where did you actually spawn in? Debug location would be helpful. (Type "/loc" in your in-game chat window at your entry point and paste those details into your reply post.) When entering from Overland, I land at Small Docks (my manually set spawn point). When entering using an NPC town interconnect boat, I land at Docks.

14. Sannio

Thanks for the updates and answers, everyone! I've updated the Jira and have passed everything along to a programmer to look over.

15. Sannio

Good news! Our programmer wizardsmoke seems to have identified the issue and is working on a fix.

@StarLord , in what way does the teleporter from Brittany Wharfs not work properly? I checked the data and see that when you use the boat from Brittany Wharfs to teleport to Astrum, you'll get sent to Atrum's main docks. This seems correct to me. (If you were thinking you should be getting a list of entry targets within Astrum, that's not how those teleporters work. Those boats will only send you to the one location assigned for the targt POT, which is the docks.)

Barugon likes this.
  16. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This has been fixed internally for an upcoming patch, likely next week. :)

17. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Seems to be a misunderstanding: I wrote that the teleporter from Brittany Wharfs does work

18. Sannio

Ah, I misread it. Guess I was just assuming the worst. :) Thanks for the clarification!

StarLord and Anpu like this.
  19. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

It's most likely too late, but the spawn in point is the last point you exited the town. I normally leave by the boat to Novia at the docks. I spawn there most times , now. I teleported from the basement of the my working home to the Rise scene. I entered my town via the over world only to spawn in my home outside the door to my basement hatch (where I was standing when I entered the basement [and last exited the town]).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  20. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Update for build 1295 which claims: Fix for POT island spawn point issue when entering from overworld.
    The spawn point has NOT been fixed.
    I still land at Side Docks 1 with the spawn point set to either "Main Docks" or "Town Crier"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.