Bug reports need to be seen..................

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Violet Ronso, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Putting this in general discussions, as this is a discussion concerning the bugs yes, but which affects general gameplay at this point.

We recently had a nice post saying we had Bug mods and stuff, and that bugs would be seen a bit more, but I reported a stone arrow bug months ago, bug report dissapeared, reported it again a month ago, not even acknowledged... Meanwhile, I just looked at a bug pertaining to ranged spec not giving the special effect off of a tooltip, which has been reported for a few months in a row, without acknowledgement once again...

Please look into these bugs and at the very least acknowledge them, because right now the job being done is terrible...

2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I confirmed it on the QA just now. when bugs are looked at they are acknowledged and usually assigned a number. That said there are a number of bugs getting fixed and some are higher priority than others and it can take some time before the non blockers get updated.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I agree about priority, but when you look at this bug report, you notice that it was reported in July, nearly 3 months ago, without acknowledgement from the bug reporting team, 3 months without anyone saying "Yeah, this is a bug, we will get to it when we can". Its not a question about fixing them, its simply one about acknowledging them, the same Issue I had with QA testing a year ago.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have many outstanding bug reports. I've tried asking in the bug report for the status but my requests are simply deleted. I tried asking about them in livestreams and they still get ignored. I've pretty much given up.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Basically, there doesn’t seem to be any process yet to report combat bugs. At least from what I’ve seen over the years.

Net likes this.
  6. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

My guess is that combat falls under Chris and he's got a few hats on and has done combat bugs in awhile. I can see other forums have quick responses but the combat forum has none. @Elgarion

Aldo and Net like this.
  7. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah, this is main reason why I am so reluctant to report bugs and many others as well. The reward program was nice, but why bother when no one even looks at the report...

On a side note, is /stuck command in game just a placebo or do devs look at the reports from players? Should we report unescapable locations in forums still?

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Violet Ronso
    It's been barely a month since the 3 new mods began assisting in the process, and these are active players who do so on their own personal time.
    I know they're having an impact and you will notice it more and more as time goes by.

Given the facts I've listed, I think that this attitude is both overly harsh and unwarranted.

Sean Silverfoot and Net like this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

My "attitude" as you call it is not one directed at the 3 new mods, it is one directed at the dev team, which has been there for multiple years. If you look at the first page of combat bug reports, there are 23 out of 29 threads that are either unnoticed, ignored, or simply not acknowledged, this is an issue that has been complained about for ever, so I do not think this is harsh.

Meanwhile, we get asked to test bugs that have possibly been fixed, with a nice title, and guess what, we answer them, and they stay ignored.

I think that it is not unwarranted to be upset that skills and spells do not do what they are supposed to, and to be upset by the fact that not only are they not doing what they are supposed to, but bug reports SEEM ignored.

You highlighted 2 parts of my text, possibly to highlight the parts where I am harsh with the new bug brigade, but the fact is both statements are aimed at what was said or what is being done, we were told the bug process would be more active, and that by doing our part things would move a bit more, but to me this has not been true, so yes, I am upset, and I feel like it is not harsh at all, it is my customer feedback after being told a month or so ago that things would change for the better, but they haven't

10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh and the fact that 4 other people answered posting their experiences (which none seem positive) and the fact that multiple people liked my post means that it is not only a feeling that I have, multiple people seem to have the same issues as I do, I am simply deciding to be loud enough to make sure we are heard. Bugs ruin the fun in a game, but ignored bugs ruins the opinion one can have about the team, and this is much worse.

Girlsname and Aldo like this.
  11. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

I gave up reporting the perf bug... I'm all out of steam...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.