Catnip Games Monthly Fishing Tourney

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Elgarion, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Alrighty folks, the next round of the fishing contest is active -- here's the updated info. It's also been updated in the main post on this thread, the events page and in the update:

FISHING PRIZES & OBJECTIVES:
    All prizes will be no-trade. Players may donate additional prizes in the name of their guilds or towns to sweeten the pot. This event timeframe is Friday the 9th at Noon CT to Friday the 16th at Noon CT, and these are the prizes and goals for the indicated week:

Largest FRESHWATER Fish (Town):
    -- Rules: Must be caught from one of these towns. Governors can request a loaner water conversion statue to meet water requirements.
    -- Prizes: Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy
    PaxLair (@Sean Silverfoot)
    Novia Market (@Adam Crow)
    Dark Bayou, Novia Near Brittany (@Fiero Steele)​
    Largest Fish (PvP):
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Libris Ruins
    -- Prizes: 2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy

Largest Lava Fish:
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Bunker C
    -- Prizes: Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy

Participation Prizes:
    -- Rules: Everyone who caught at least 1 trophy fish in this week's locations
    -- Prizes: Small Silver Fishing Trophy

CROSS-OVER EVENTS:
    Prizes provided by the Community Manager will be available for participants and winners of the Fishing event, but governors, guild leaders and players are welcome to sweeten the pot by providing additional prizes based on objective criteria entirely of their own design. In fact, please consider planning events to overlap the duration and chosen weekly locations of the PvP and Fishing developer events. Please post these events in the in-game events forums and the Community Manager will promote accordingly. Please submit links to event threads which take place in the spotlighted towns, PvP zone or PvE zone.

Current Crossovers:
    -- PaxLair: The residents of PaxLair have a wondrous spin-off contest announced! If you’d like a chance for additional fun and prizes, check on the main forum post on this topic.
    -- Brittany Fort: A fantastic 2 week contest which features prizes and goals even a beginner or casual angler can compete! If you’d like more information, check on the main forum post on this topic.
    -- Novia Market: Head on over to Novia Market to compete in this spin-off contest run by Adam Crow and friends! Great prizes from a great community! 2 prizes every day! For more information, please visit the main forum post on this topic.
    -- Dark Bayou: Daily prizes! A large prize for the entire week! Find out more on the main forum post on this topic.

NEXT WEEK'S ROUND OF POTs:
    To aid governors better plan, the next round of POTs to compete (Saltwater) will be from Noon to Noon, Friday to Friday, October 16th to October 23rd:
    Jade Valley (@Mal Hari)
    Mysteria (@Irishize )
    Stormsong Vale (@Phamyns)​

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

darn! forgets about me in the crossovers! goes to a dark corner of the bayou to sulk...........................and that darn fog that counts as 5 external objects should be lowered! then I can do the whole place in fog!

Sonja, Sole, Serenia and 2 others like this.
  3. Elgarion

Ah caught me just as I was going out for the night. I'm updating the update, the events page and the main post now :) Happy fishing, Anglers! :)

4. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

Please enter Ironhall (RP POT). Thanks! @Elgarion

5. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

It is early Saturday morning Texas time here and Paxlair is still salt water so we cannot do your spin off contest. Can you please correct this and let us know when we can fish there. Thanks

6. Past Blue Ribbon

Past Blue Ribbon Avatar

Novia Market is also Salt water right now.

Sonja, Elgarion and Yigg Endimion like this.
  7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Sorry everyone. I didn't realize the saltwater statue was up... it is a no trade item so I cannot pick it up. It's owned by Robyn Hood and for some reason there is no option for me to right click it and send it to her bank. I apologize for the inconvenience Ive contacted Robyn and will update the thread here once the statue is removed!

Sonja, Elgarion, FrostII and 4 others like this.
  8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Ack, statue changed soon as I get home from work

Sonja, Sole, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
  9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Thanks to @Barugon The statue has been removed, so freshwater fishing is now available in Novia Market. Sorry for the inconvenience!

For clarification, the deadline to enter for the first two daily 50k gold prizes (biggest and smallest fish) will be Saturday @11:59pm cst. Sundays prizes will run from 12:00am cst - 11:59pm and so on... for each day until 11:59pm cst October 17th.

Due to generous donations from @Rixa Ultima and another resident who preferred to be anonymous I added in some more prizes! The following prizes will be awarded randomly to anyone who mails any type of trophy fish to Adam Crow during the entirety of the contest. The fish must be caught in Novia Market and it must be caught before 11:59pm October 17th.
    • 50k gold
    • 25k gold (x2)
    • 10k gold (×5)
    • 10 ancient essence (x3)
    • Blue Supply Bundle
    These 12 additional prizes will be randomly selected after the contest is over. Only one entry per character. No duplicate winners. If you win a daily prize you will not be eligible for these additional prizes. You can win as many daily prizes as possible though, no limit on those.

If there are a lot of entrants, I may add some more prizes! Sorry again for the issue with the saltwater statue. Good luck fishing!

Day 1 winner - @Engel who caught both the smallest and largest fish! A .69 Oscar Sunfish and a 2.28 King Salmon 100k

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

PaxLair is now in the correct mode. Also updated rules per suggestions! Have fun and Thanks for your patience!

11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

All fixed, you can whop me upside the head next time you see me!

12. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

13. Elgarion

Mal Hari, Sean Silverfoot and FrostII like this.
  14. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

Join us for some magic in Mysteria with a spin off contest for this week’s Catnip Fishing Tournament.

Mysteria’s Novia map location is on an island just under the Elad’s Lighthouse island to the east of Central Brittany (see map below). We can also be reached by balloon from Etceter, Owl’s Head, and Soltown and also from teleporters in the POT towns of Arlia and Valor.

DROP BOX LOCATION: The contest drop box is located on the left side at the front of the Shogun Lighthouse on the main docks.
    WEEKLY CONTEST: 500 Cotos for the largest (Saltwater) fish caught in Mysteria during the contest period (Friday the 16th at Noon CT to Friday the 23rd at Noon CT).
    We will also have a daily flash contest with a prize of 100 Cotos to be announced randomly each day in town zone chat and universe chat.

Friday's Flash Contest winners: 1st Place 100 Cotos to Sage Wise for 1.87 Mahi-Mahi and 2nd Place 50 Cotos to Froji for 1.85 Mahi-Mahi
    Saturday's Flash Contest #1 winner: 1st Place 100 Cotos to D'Laein Lachlan for 3.26 Swordfish
    Saturday's Flash Contest #2 winners: 3 way tie (50 cotos to each) for smallest fish:
    Flair Minamoto, Rook Strife, and Twilight Tempest all with 1.35 amberjack mackerels
    Sunday's Flash Contest winners: 1st Place 100 cotos to Twilight Tempest for 3.09 Swordfish and 2nd Place 50 cotos to Saul Tarvitz for 2.75 Bluefin Tuna
    Monday's Flash Contest winners: 1st Place 100 Cotos to Lijuan Zhang for 3.63 Large Swordfish; and 1st Marlin 50 Cotos to Lijuan Zhang.
    Tuesday's Flash Contest winners: 1st Place 100 cotos to Strider Green for 2.67 Small Marlin and 2nd Place Marlin Statue to Zandara Wildus for 2.06 Mahi-Mahi
    Wednesday's Flash Contest winners: 1st place 150 Cotos to Timothy Evans for 3.14 Large Bluefin Tuna, 2nd place tie 75 cotos each to Sheldon Cooper for 2.14 Large Mahi-Mahi and Flair Minamoto for 2.14 Small Bluefin Tuna, 3rd place 50 cotos to Saul Tarvitz for 2.02 Mahi-Mahi
    Thursday's Flash Contest #1 winners: 1st place 100 Cotos to Robert Frost for 2.15 Small Bluefin Tuna and 2nd place Sailfish Statue to Brutess for 2.12 Mahi-Mahi
    Thursday's Flash Contest #2 winners: 1st place 100 Cotos to Dalraist Nogard for 2.82 Swordfish and 2nd place 50 cotos to Saul Tarvitz for 2.66 Small Swordfish

WEEKLY WINNER: 500 cotos to Jugg Head for 4.21 Tiger Shark

Map Location:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Pls notify @Elgarion so he can add it to the top tournament post ... :)

Mal Hari and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  16. Elgarion

I'll be sure to put a link and spin-off description in on the update :)

17. Elgarion

Here's this week's tourney info, also updated on the events page, the weekly update and in the first post here:

FISHING PRIZES & OBJECTIVES:
    All prizes will be no-trade. Players may donate additional prizes in the name of their guilds or towns to sweeten the pot. This event timeframe is Friday the 16th at Noon CT to Friday the 23rd at Noon CT, and these are the prizes and goals for the indicated week:

Largest SALTWATER Fish (Town):
    -- Rules: Must be caught from one of these towns. Governors can request a loaner water conversion statue to meet water requirements.
    -- Prizes: Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy

Jade Valley (@Mal Hari)
    Mysteria (@Irishize )
    Stormsong Vale (@Phamyns)
    Largest Fish (PvP):
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Verdantis Shardfall
    -- Prizes: 2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy

Largest Lava Fish:
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Etceter Crag Mines
    -- Prizes: Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy

Participation Prizes:
    -- Rules: Everyone who caught at least 1 trophy fish in this week's locations
    -- Prizes: Small Silver Fishing Trophy

CROSS-OVER EVENTS:
    Prizes provided by the Community Manager will be available for participants and winners of the Fishing event, but governors, guild leaders and players are welcome to sweeten the pot by providing additional prizes based on objective criteria entirely of their own design. In fact, please consider planning events to overlap the duration and chosen weekly locations of the PvP and Fishing developer events. Please post these events in the in-game events forums and the Community Manager will promote accordingly. Please submit links to event threads which take place in the spotlighted towns, PvP zone or PvE zone.

Current Crossovers:
    -- Jade Valley: The Jade Dragons would like to welcome all anglers of New Britannia to the inaugural Jade Valley Marlin Challenge. Coinciding with the Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Tourney, this tournament offers an additional challenge with some fantastic prizes to go along with it! For more information about this spin-off fishing event, please see the main forum thread on the official forums.
    -- Mysteria: The folks over at Mysteria are having a spin-off contest for this week's fishing festivities! Be sure to pop on by and participate! Lots of great prizes and chances to meet the town residents and visitors. For more information about this spin-off fishing event, please see the main forum thread on the official forums.

NEXT WEEK'S ROUND OF POTs:
    To aid governors better plan, the next round of POTs to compete (Fetid Water) will be from Noon to Noon, Friday to Friday, October 23rd to October 30th :
    Duanor, Near Noreach (@Raven Swiftbow)
    Silverdale Market (@Xee)
    Britt Mart (@Tailz)

18. Sole

Sole Avatar

Mal Hari and Past Blue Ribbon like this.
  19. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

PaxLair is proud to part of the Catnip Weekly Fishing Tournament.
    (Freshwater) will be from Noon to Noon, Friday to Friday, October 9nd to October 16th:

RESULTS

NORMAL CONTESTS:
    1 of a kind - Largest length - 3 Prize ticket Rook Strife 2.5
    2 of a kind - Closest length total to 2.7 - 2 prize tickets Twilight Tempest 2.31
    3 of a kind - Closest length total to 8.2 - 3 prize tickets Twilight Tempest 3.35
    Small Straight - 4 different types lowest length total - 3 prize tickets Twilight Tempest 2.28
    Large Straight - 5 different types highest length total - 4 prizes tickets Twilight Tempest 5.39

Special add-on - Smallest Pike - 6500 crowns, 500k gold & more. Sponsored by Engel, a citizen of PaxLair
    **** Please note smallest length pike entered here is separate and can not be used in the above Normal Contest****

Robert Frost 1.73

Ticket Totals: Twilight Tempest 12 Rook Strife 3

Congrats to all!!

Robert,
    I will be mailing in-game, your prizes this evening......Twilight Tempest & Rook Strife, there are 30 total bags to pull from in PaxLair Town Square. I want Rook Strike to send me 3 numbers from 1-30, Twilight sends me 15 numbers from 1-30. We can also meet in PaxLair for your selections.

Sean Math

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Mal Hari, Elgarion, Sonja and 2 others like this.
  20. Tellana

Tellana Avatar

Ooooh some lovely side competitions this week!! <3 <3 I cannot wait to come visit! I wanted to share this clip from going to Brittany Mart with Sonja's lovely book and story!! Twitch Link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/772983034

Mal Hari, Elgarion, StarLife and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.