1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Exploding Jack-o-lantern (consumable thrown item)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sorgin Txakal, Oct 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

So,

Loving the new pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns. They make amazing seasonal deco and I love that pumpkins are more useful as a cooking ingredient in general. One concern I do have though is what one should do with all the jack-o-lanterns at the end of the season. My first thought was asking for the ability to smash them for xp, but that seems like it could be exploited or trolled somehow. So, my proposal is this: Let us take the jack-o-lanterns one step further in the crafting process to form a natural way to dispose of them and drive year-round demand - i.e. please let us turn jack-o-lanterns into an exploding throwable item.

• Exploding Jack-o-lantern
      • Combine a Jack-o-lantern and 1 exploding potion
      • Adds like a death magic resistance and/or dex de-buff to the effect of the exploding potion
      • Maybe the size of the jack-o-lantern determines the size of the de-buff
      • Available throw distance could be a function of strength & size of pumpkin

Thanks for considering.

2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I think this would be great! I really want a palm size pumpkin that I could combine with an exploding potion or maybe a smoke bomb and throw. This would have lots of uses to several character builds like archers and thieves. And what a perfect time to have this of course I would also want the costume to go with it.

[​IMG]

Time Lord and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  3. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Pretty sure that costume is pretty much doable in game already lol.

• Perennial Coast Farmer Tunic - Purple Dye
    • Clothes Gloves - Purple Dye
    • I'd probably go with the Scarecrow Mask, but a long draping hat elf mask for the holidays would be awesome - especially with dyable "face makeup" and dyable hat.
    • The chonies though, I have no idea.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Great Pumpkin Money Bombs?"

Here's a story about Money Bombs from another game... (at 5:51)

It's on another subject, but it does have a great story about a successful use from money bombs.

It would seem to fit their element of being around trick or treat?
    What do you tink?
    ~Time Lord~

5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

While I like that idea, if the pumpkins were turned into money bombs such as described, then they would be purchased from the coto store and not something crafted by the players - otherwise the cost of creating pumpkins would have to be significantly raised if not involve cotos which I do not think would take the farming aspect in an enjoyable direction.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I was thinking of stuffing them with goodies ourselves, or causing some pinata' type of effect, where ingame candy could come along with the Pop or Bang.

The game funding aspect I'm sure worked in that much more popular game, but I've never seen a very large crowd ever show up anywhere or at any time in sota :p I think I've seen 75 players all together, "only once" in my sota lifetime.

However, I keep trying to think of some sort of contents that would cause any sort of happiness in sota, but I think our economy is already far too inflated to get any sort of excitement from our gold :(
    What works in other games, just will never work in the same way here in sota :confused:~TL~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.