Horse/Unicorn Feedback Thread (from Testing Directive)

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Ravalox, Oct 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Please use this thread to consolidate feedback on the new SotA mounts. This thread has been created to allow players to comment on the testing directive and the results of testing they did on the QA server.

Ravalox

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  2. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Some feedback:

1. Hope we may change the keybinding for dismount as I often use "ESC" key to open the menu.
    2. Hope we may ride the horse and jump by pressing space bar in the future
    3. I can cast some magics without dismounting (e.g. Dash, Light, etc...). But casting other magic will dismount. Not sure if this is intended or not.
    4. Nightmare display fire spark vfx under the avatar:
    [​IMG]

5. Easy to get stuck while mounting in a lot. I can't pass through the space as shown:
    Area: Fishing Expedition (Fishing_Expedition) Loc: (71.337, 1.733, 7.913) DBG: RmlzaGluZ19FeHBlZGl0aW9ufHwoNzEuMzM3LCAxLjczMywgNy45MTMpfCgwLCAtMC4xNTUsIDAsIC0wLjk4OCl8MTcuOTE4MjV8NDEuOTU0OTV8MTQuMjc2MDk=
    [​IMG]

6. I can kill enemies and they couldn't make me dismount. Not sure if it's good or bad.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I agree, the blob of stuff below the ghost, nightmare, and shadow horse looks strange.
    And the trail it leaves when galloping looks like a trail of pee.
    [​IMG]

4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Yes the blobs on the ground for some of them is a bit weird looking. Other than that they all look good. I think the Ghost and Shadow are a bit too close in appearance. Shadow could be darkened a bit more to make it not look so much like the ghost. Love the head bob animation on the horse when you stand still. Placement of the reins with hands is good for me...my butt is still a bit off the saddle but i can deal with that. Stirrup placement is good enough as well. I assume it all depends on the height build of each avatar though. All in all good job on appearnaces. Now need a keybind other than escape to dismount.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Currently this will not be implemented:

I would however put a post in the Wishlist forum asking for this. That would actually be a neat thing.

Use of any combat skill will dismount the player from the mount. That is intended. I don't know if Light or Dash qualify as "Combat" spells?

Fighting creatures while mounted is not intended.

6. Belladonna Rose

Cannot engage enemies while mounted. Even if they attack first it does not dismount me and cannot fight back until i dismount myself. Although can loot corpses while mounted. Also I can harvest while mounted but lose the animation when skinning. Have to remount though afterwards...which is fine.
    Cannot interact with trees and herbs on the ground while mounted. Have to dismount.
    Dismounting from the task bar will not allow for auto targeting on mobs to fight. Have to manually go into combat
    Dismounting from task bar will make you auto remount...so its good to mount at first but not dismount totally.
    Cannot remount unless there is ample room to summon the horse.
    Can remount horse while in combat mode...auto disables combat.
    Cannot cast spells while mounted. Have to dismount to cast Light
    RIght hand rein clips into the horse. Riding buckskin right now. So not sure on others.

I put the horse on the non combat bar. Will test on combat bar in a bit

Cannot put horse on the combat bar as there is no summons for it. No icon to use for horses unless this will be later if horses are tameable later on and be on a whistle. But for now only quick access to mount is on passive bar

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Just a couple of questions. Will Tamers be able to just dismount and fight with their mount? Also, will the Summoning skill be factored in when mounting a rare mount?

9. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Also, Pack Mounts? Donkey and Lamas could work like any summoned pet but when u double click on them it opens a bag. Will we be seeing them soon?

10. Belladonna Rose

Mounts are attached to the avatar...so they dont seem to be available as fighting like other tamed pets. So far putting the horse in your non combat bar allows you to click and ride easy enough. Dismount is still through ESC key. there are quite a few mechanics to work on on using mounts while in combat. I could not attack or fight back while mounted. Whether the mob hits me first or not . So alot still needs to be ironed out.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

My feedback is to have mounts static unless we choose to remove them from the area like with go home options or wait here options. We should be able to dismount and they stay in the world and unless crown store horses they can be at risk for dying and we can find tamable horses wandering the country side to replace them. We have stables to hold them to show them off too. Also they should be able to jump, joust, and race. Good work so far guys but please consider letting us enjoy them more.

12. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

Please adjust the placement of the saddle and rider on the horse, and the arm and leg positioning. Below picture shows where the saddle and rider should be on the horse's back, and proper leg position.
    [​IMG]

And this is how we currently look:

[​IMG]

You have the saddle/rider too far back on the horse.

Rider's shoulder and arm need to go back a bit.

Rider's leg needs to come down, with the heel directly under his shoulder, heels lower than toes, ball of the foot in the stirrup (not the toe!), and lower the hands closer to the horse.

Since we seem to be riding in a more western than english style, I think the horse head position and reins are fine as they are.

The girth of the saddle should be right behind the horse's front legs, not around his belly where you have it.

And please get rid of the dangly rings coming off the saddle. Either move them to right under the seat where they would be used to attach gear, or get rid of them. Those would bug the crap out of a real horse ;)

Edit: Yes, the horse needs to be bigger/taller. I look like I'm riding a pony.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  13. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

With this latest patch (1085) the ONLY way to dismount from your horse is to hit ESC key. Previously I was able to also dismount by hitting a skill on my non combat bar. I understand that was disabled because people were able to use some skills while mounted that they weren't supposed to, but PLEASE give us a keybind for dismounting. ESC is very inconvenient for me.

As for the new skills, I am wondering if the bottom two skills are meant to be able to be both trained which gives some boost to both speed and carry capacity overall (which is how they are now and I hope how they will stay) or if they were meant to be like the potions skills where you have to choose one or the other (in which case I wouldn't train either)

Lastly I am really hoping that the mounts based on the currently tameable creatures (unicorns, nightmare, palomino, bay and blanket horses will be able to be obtained using a tamed creature!

Littleoneloot02, Aeryk and Anpu like this.
  14. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

@Gwendolyn Obscuro Where did you find the trainer for those? I tried testing that on QA, but the Adventure Trainer did not have a response for "horsemanship" yet.

15. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

The Master Tactics Trainer (Corsten) in Desolis can teach you the skills.

Aeryk likes this.
  16. Belladonna Rose

Trainer is working. Not sure what needs to be done to train it up since its innate.
    Reins are offset for my avatar but i think that is due to my physical build. Saddle and stirrups are perfect though.
    Mounting on Overland is not working now. Gives the que to mount but no mounts are coming up. Have to ESC to get out of mount mode to do other things.

Trained Horsmanship and even though mount doesnt show i move exceptionally fast on overland now. Which is nice but not seeing the horse. Its just me running fast

17. Belladonna Rose

Mount is now showing on Overland. Must of just been a quirk on my end.
    Nope still quirky. Mounting on overland is still wonky

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When you add this in a release, please fully state what isn’t available at this time. For example horses cannot jump, players cannot attack while mounted, cannot use emotes, cannot use spells or abilities. Etc.

This will help to clear up any confusion on what players can expect when using the mount system.

Littleoneloot02 likes this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also please fix the auto disappear. Give us a way to keep our horses with us. Such a shame how they disappear. I also agree they need to be able to jump and much more.

20. Belladonna Rose

Yes..need a jump feature for sure. Along with the begged for dismount key

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.