1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67779] POT spawn point is broken

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Barugon, Oct 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

10/04/2020 14:52
    Title:Spawn point still not fixed - not honouring owner-set spawn point
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Traveling to Far Green drops you at an empty point on the island.
    The spawn point is set to 'Side Docks 1', this is the place where the lots and everything is.

Steps to Reproduce:

Go to Fallin Green harbour,
    use the official (dev-placed) boat to Far Green at
    Area: Fallin' Green (POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Fallin' Green) Loc: (153.921, 36.02, 268.871)
    DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxGYWxsaW4nIEdyZWVufCgxNTMuOTIxLCAzNi4wMiwgMjY4Ljg3MSl8KDAsIC0wLjQwNSwgMCwgMC45MTQpfDMxMi4zNzE1fDE4LjAzNDE2fDguNjY5MTQ3.

Notice you land at an empty part of the island, not the selected spawn point (side docks 1) where the actual town is.

Alternatively:
    go to Mistrendur, enter Far Green from there.
    also dropped to the wrong place

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16) System RAM: 32702
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU RAM: 8031
    SotA.Win.64.1295.Date.10.02.20
    Area: POT_swampisland_metropolis_01_template/Far Green
    Area Display Name: Far Green
    Loc: (16.7, 13.1, -147.6)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1waXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RmFyIEdyZWVufCgxNi42OTksIDEzLjEsIC0xNDcuNjAzKXwoMCwgLTAuMDMsIDAsIDEpfDQzOS42MTExfDIwLjkxNzc4fDguNjY5MTQ3

*sigh*

2. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Confirming still not fixed, in Rift's End as well.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

just to check, because i remember how everyone had to reset their pets after they fixed the follow bug, have you guys gone in and changed your spawn point to something else and then changed it back to what you want since the patch?

4. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Yes did that.
    Changed it from Main Docks to Town Crier (still landing on Side Docks 1) and then back to Main Docks and also still landing at Side Docks 1

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Still broken for Mystic Isle too. :(

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tried setting a number of other spawn points but I always enter at Side Docks 1.

Serenia likes this.
  7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Similar to what I posted above , I was in my main working home's basement in Traveller's Rest and teleported to Sanctus Spine. I just entered my town from the overland map. I have no option to select my location to enter the town. I spawned at the door to the niche where my basement hatch is located. The spot where I was standing when I entered my basement, and last exited the town.

10/04/2020 20:54
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32688
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Traveller's Rest
    Area Display Name: Traveller's Rest
    Loc: (106.5, 38.7, 258.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxUcmF2ZWxsZXIncyBSZXN0fCgxMDYuNDUxLCAzOC42NjUsIDI1OC4yMjkpfCgwLCAwLjI3LCAwLCAtMC45NjMpfDMyOC42NzU4fDEwfDE4

8. Drya

Drya Avatar

10/05/2020 16:57
    Title: Unable to enter my home town from Overworld
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: I can recall to my home in Arxs Draconis or teleport there. I can catch a boat from Arxs Draconis Lowlands or Arxs Draconis Annex, I end up at our main dock. But if I go to Penmawr Island and come back to the overworld or I go to Jaanaford and then take the ferry back to the island where the overworld ship to AD is located and take that ship to our island, tit no longer takes me to our main port as it always has in the past. Instead I have to run all the way across the island to find the city of Arxs Draconis. At first I thought I'd been transported to an alternative universe, where AD no longer existed, but for whatever reason the overland ship to AD now takes us to some alternative dock, far from the city of Arxs Draconis.
    Steps to Reproduce: Go the the island where Arxs Draconis Lowland and Port Arxs Draconis are located and click on the ship that is supposed to take you to Arxs Draconis. Instead of porting to our city you end up on a pier isolated from the city of Arxs Draconis.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 32578
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11127
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01a_template/Arx Draconis
    Area Display Name: Arx Draconis
    Loc: (469.9, 70.2, -306.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxBcnggRHJhY29uaXN8KDQ2OS45MjEsIDcwLjIyLCAtMzA2LjU3KXwoMCwgLTAuODM1LCAwLCAwLjU1KXwyNDYuNzk5NHwxMHwyLjQ0OTk5Nw==

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  9. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

Still broken for Mysteria too. It does not follow our set ( and re-set) spawn in point, but always brings us to Side Docks 1 from the overworld.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Sannio

11. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the update. I let @wizardsmoke know.

Serenia and Alley Oop like this.
  12. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

FIXED as of 10/29 patch. Thanks Sannio and Wizardsmoke!!

Issue still occurring in Mysteria. What is the status of the patch for this?

Additonal info, if still needed:
    1. When you enter the POT, how do you enter? (Examples: Overworld, Teleport Scroll, Teleporter.)
    ~From Overworld

2. When you enter the POT, are you selecting a spawn point from a list of targets? If so, which spawn point are you selecting?
    ~Using the boat teleporter from the Novia map, so no list of targets for that

3. Which spawn point did the Governor select as the default entrance to the POT? (IMPORTANT! This alternative entry change applies ONLY to entry from the overworld).
    ~Town Crier

4. When you enter the target POT, where did you actually spawn in? Debug location would be helpful. (Type "/loc" in your in-game chat window at your entry point and paste those details into your reply post.)
    ~471.46, 70.22, -307.484

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  13. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

This also works in scenes...well, K'rul at least.

I've been in K'rul the past week or so. I entered Blood Bay from K'rul over the weekend. I then used teleport to zone and recall scrolls to travel between scenes and my home. I spawned in K'rul over at the Blood Bay door every time. I then made a point to exit K'rul at the K'rawl side. I now spawn at the K'rawl side spawn area when I zone in.

10/28/2020 16:38
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32688
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    Area: Novia_R3_Underground03_01
    Area Display Name: K'rul
    Loc: (146.3, 117.0, 169.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfVW5kZXJncm91bmQwM18wMXx8KDE0Ni4yOSwgMTE3LjAwNSwgMTY4Ljk5NSl8KDAsIC0wLjcwMSwgMCwgMC43MTMpfDI3MC45OTU4fDEwfDMuMzY3MzEx

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This seems to be resolved now.

Sannio and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.