1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Planter's Goggles

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by UnbelieverDragon, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnbelieverDragon

UnbelieverDragon Avatar

I would happily pay any reasonable COTO price for a "planter's goggles" wearable item that would do the following:

1) Make the "watered" state of each planting spot highly visible across a large field of planters. I'm thinking: a large transparent glowing cube directly over each planting spot, surrounding any plant that is there. The cube would be tinted red for "needs water", and tinted blue for "watered". No glowing cube over a spot that hasn't been planted.

Some plants (especially later in their growth cycle) make it VERY difficult to visually find that one unwatered spot. And other plants (such as garlic) are almost invisible when first planted. This feature would alleviate both problems.

Plant a seed, and a red cube appears. Water, and it turns blue. Look out over your field of planters, quickly find anything you missed.

2) Expose more information about each planting spot, such as which watering cycle the planting spot is in, and how long until the next cycle (or until it's fully grown). I'm picturing something like:

Cycle: 2
    16-hr cycle
    HH:MM:SS

...printed on the top surface of the glowing "watered status" cube, where the HH:MM:SS is the hours/minutes/seconds counting down until the next cycle starts.

If it's not feasible to display this information automatically for every planting spot, this could be something that appears when you mouse over a particular spot.

Remove the goggles, of course, and all of the displayed information vanishes again.

Thank you for your consideration...

2. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I have this problem everyday, when you have a maga-farm you face this all the time. You could have 2000 planter and miss two spot and you would spend 30 min just looking for it. This shouldn't be something we pay for it should just be in the game.

The visual for agriculture is disgusting, it cause eye strains and waste so much time and stress for players. Most people have to cast light or night vision to be able to see the different shade between watered, planted or not water or planted.

Please fix this issue, it's a real problem.

Wilfred, CICI and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:D Yes! [​IMG]

4. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

as a big farmer, too, wiht more then 16k spots.

I have s simple google-excel-sheet, which calculate when I must water the plants.

a.e. for a 48h-grwoing plant
    A1 Seeding and watering 1
    A2 = A1 + 16 hours (Watering 2)
    A3= A1 + 32hours (watering 3)
    A4 = A1 +48 hours harvesting

So I just must fill A1 with date and time of seeding; teh rest calculate the sheet; I just have to mark each zell in the sheet when I has done something.
    green background when done, white when waiting , red for not in use

so for each lot 3 lines (24hours, 48-hours and 72 hours-plants)

or* for basement farmers lines wiht longer times

Its a only how ot organize your work :)

Time Lord likes this.
  5. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I think your missing the point, this is not about organisation, it is about being difficult to differentiate between a watered and un-watered planter when you are in last stage of growth. Every mega-farm users has a spreadsheet, I do, the problem is when you pick up say 2000 barrels of water and when you think you have finished, you see 3 left in you inventory. Trying to find and identify that 3, that you have missed is the issue not organising your farm.

This happens with seeding as well.

Visual is bad with planters, and I can guarantee even you have had this issue a couple of times.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    I know that feeling! I think we all do! :(~TL~

7. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

no, I dont have this issue, because my skills are at 120 and I can water, harvest and seed 3 rows of planting bed with one use; so its jsut a concentration thing to get all set.
    So for 3 large beds I need 2 circles of water, harvest or seeding and all is fine

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

This is the same problem as we initially had in the "Harvesting Skill"... o_O locating the plant to harvest, because we couldn't recognize or find recourses just by looking.

I have my watering skill at 125, and I agree, "except when it's cotton". The circle jumps around from elevation problems, no matter what overhead viewing angle I have.

I would like the goggles suggested, but I'd like them to be a craft'able item instead of being a "pay to win" item being sold in the COTO Store.

Maybe it could be a separate skill in the same way as it is in the Harvesting Skill Tree.

[​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.