Why PVP will never work in SOTA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schulz, Nov 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Every build has a counter, even the latest ''OP META Build'', you just have to be dedicated enough to find it :)

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Uhhh, Actually, Piercing shot and Puncture do actually just that, thus the reason archers are so strong :p Admittedly its not a permanent removal, but it ignores armor completely for that shot/hit :p

And you see, this is what is sad, why do we have to give up on such a fun aspect of most games. The combat system in Shroud is unique, and for me, probably my favorite one of all time, due to the deck building which generates a huge skill gap in the fights, but things you mentioned ruin the entire experience, and means that if we want to have fun, we have to give up on what could drive us to actually enjoy the game for countless more hours.

If by generating more balance (ex.: Torpid only removes 1 stack of Air Shield, but casting Air Shield 1 single time adds a stack) in PvP, as well as fixing the crafting RNG. PvPers could end up generating tons of economical value because our gear is going to blow up, get ransomed, looted, etc, and since they could use higher level armor because it is cheaper due to the RNG fix, they would buy tons of it!

Balancing the combat system will help PvPers and PvEers alike, Fixing the Crafting RNG will help every single party, and if these 2 things are fixed, crafted gear economy will see a boost. The only people too stubborn to realize this are people who don't want PVP in the game, and I'll say the same thing they say about PvPers, They are killing the playerbase and thus the game...

King Robert likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

True, but it doesn't cancel the fact that some things are VERY imbalanced, and balancing things could make the experience much more enjoyable for everyone ;)

King Robert likes this.
  4. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

This - is - such - a - GREAT - suggestion!!

Love this idea.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

i totally agree, some things are imbalanced. nothiong is ever perfect, but it makes that victory ever so much sweeter :D

King Robert and Vero like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.