The new Spirit Wheel quest - Is it supposed to be a daily quest?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Nov 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Sannio

(If you have the time)

The new quest in Tanglemyre that you get from guards, it seems to be on a 48 hour cycle (I'm still observing it). It can only be done once every 2 days currently(?). Is that correct? Or is it supposed to be a daily?

Just need to know first what it is supposed to be doing. Thanks!

2. Toular

Toular Avatar

I have gotten it at least 2 days in a row.

Also, if you ask a guard about "Spirit Wheel" they will sometimes say "come back tomorrow", but then if you ask again about "Spirit Wheel" you may get a spirit wheel quest. I don't think I've ever gotten it more than once per day though, but I have gone more than 2 days without getting one.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  3. Toular

Toular Avatar

Checked my chat logs for occurrences of "Take this one and attach it to a spirit wheel" and got:
    2020-11-01.txt: 1
    2020-11-03.txt: 1
    2020-11-17.txt: 1
    2020-11-19.txt: 1
    2020-11-20.txt: 1
    2020-11-21.txt: 1
    2020-11-23.txt: 1

I play every day and always hit Tanglemyre because Massive Crocodile and suet, so this should be a pretty good sample. Been on a streak recently with 3 days in a row.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The spirit wheel quest is a normal daily quest.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Toular

Toular Avatar

Sometimes you do have to pester the guard to get them to get the quest ...

Guard: Hallo again. The guards are grateful you're helping fix our spirit wheels.

Dutaurm Teroue: spirit wheel
    Guard: Those who care for their loved ones hang spirit wheels to keep their homes safe from evil. They're important to us, and we won't forget that you helped us repair them. Come back tomorrow. We might have more work for you.

Guard: Those who care for their loved ones hang spirit wheels to keep their homes safe from evil. They're important to us, and we won't forget that you helped us repair them. Come back tomorrow. We might have more work for you.

Dutaurm Teroue: help
    Guard: You're already helping by repairing our spirit wheels.

Dutaurm Teroue: help
    Guard: You're already helping by repairing our spirit wheels.

Guard: The missing bones continue to reappear. Take this one and attach it to a spirit wheel here in Tangulmyr exactly as you have done before. Tell any guard when it is done.

You received an item (Spirit Wheel Bone) from Guard.

So, if there is a bug here it might be that you have to pester the guard for the quest. And the guard does not "twinkle" to indicate that he has a quest for you. He does after adding the bone.

Net, Sannio, Alley Oop and 1 other person like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thanks for checking that. This is what I was seeing as well. The quest can be done once a day, but only until you speak to the various guards until one of them give you the quest item.

Sannio likes this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Yes, having to ask the guard multiple times to get the quest again is a bug. Thanks for sharing those details, it helped me know what to fix. I've just submitted a fix. (No issue number.)

Elgarion, majoria70, Net and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.