Still struggling with this quest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Nov 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I'm still stuck on the "Find out why Owl's Nest has no ale" quest

I've gone to Kingsport and there's no blue pin in the compass like there normally is for a quest. I've talked to people in the smugglers ring and at the Inn but they just have some vague idea that shipments from Brittany have stopped. I seem to remember when I explored Central Brittany the first time some politician said something about a contract expiring between Brittany and Kingsport but I don't remember who it was that said that, and even now going back to Brittany near the main castle I don't see a blue marker in the compass.

Guidance will be appreciated!

Thanks
    DTXCF
    [​IMG]

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That is one of the very old quests, prior to markers and such being added, so it may not have been "modernized" since implementation. It looks like it was so old it was before journal entries had titles, so we had to make one up for SotAwiki! Here is another thread on this quest, https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...aemar-has-no-ale-quest-how-to-resolve.124964/ and the page on the wiki, https://sotawiki.net/sota/Missing_Shipments. There are two interrelated quests here, so once you talk to the correct smuggler you can go to Owls Head and Braemar for rewards.

DalTXColtsFan, majoria70 and Rinaldi like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'll take a look into this quest and bring it up to current standards. Thanks for the report, and the link to the old report. Issue #68239

Elwyn, Elgarion, majoria70 and 5 others like this.
  4. Sannio

I just submitted an overhauled version of this quest. It'll be in for next release. I updated things like task labels, journal text, and quest logic. Also, it'll now have compass markers. Anyone who completed the quest shouldn't be affected. Anyone who is already on the quest can continue from where they left off. @DalTXColtsFan , if you can wait a little bit to resolve this quest, I think you'll find the changes very helpful.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That is great! It'll be nice to get some of the older quests updated. I also submitted feedback on the Kelly Hayward's Memories quest, if you wanted to continue the trend. =)

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That was already redone. I just finished it last week with a test character.

7. Sannio

As Anpu said, other parts of that quest have already been updated. Although sometimes the gold and experience rewards might have some slight changes in these quests that I update, it's very unlikely any physical rewards will be changing as I overhaul old quests.

majoria70 and Anpu like this.
  8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Thanks Sannio! Appreciate it. Looking forward to the next release.

9. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Is "Find Answers in Kiln" another quest that needs to be updated? I've talked to everyone I can find and don't see any blue markers with any hints:

[​IMG]

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is there a blue marker in your compass pointing to a person in Kiln?

11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Nope.

12. Sannio

I didn't have a Jira for this task, but I do now. Issue #68299

Anpu likes this.
  13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I got stuck at the same place, same problem years ago for what it's worth.

14. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Again, thanks for the attention to the task - I look forward to completing both of these quests once the work is complete!

15. Sannio

@DalTXColtsFan and @Aldo , I'm looking into this today. The quest data and compass markers seem to be correct. I remember giving this an update a few months ago to improve the compass markers and such. I know Aldo mentioned he tried this years ago and got stumped, but DalTXColtsFan when did you first get the task from Jenna Karttunen to find answers in Kiln? Was it also long ago?

Aldo, I think you might be missing a special helper flag that was added in with my update months ago. Please say "bonesteel" to Jenna Karttunen in Jaanaford to get updated and then travel to Kiln to see if you get the compass marker.

DalTXColtsFan, if you also got stuck long ago, please also say "bonesteel" to Jenna Karttunen in Jaanaford and see if the compass marker in Kiln appears after that. If you picked up this task within the past few weeks, then I'm a little stuck and will need more info.

DalTXColtsFan, Anpu and Aldo like this.
  16. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Quick update: I have completed the "Find out why Owl's Head has no ale" quest. I can't help but be intrigued at what Anton refers to as "the price" and how quickly Thomas recognized exactly what he meant. Perhaps I will learn more at a later date?

Quick update 2: I have not yet gone back to Jaanaford to say "bonesteel" to Jenna again to see if that resets any compass markers in Kiln. I'll get on that ASAP.

Sannio likes this.
  17. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Likewise for me. I will try to get this tested ASAP.

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.