Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

26. Anywhere in particular that's a good source for garnet?

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Umm... There are a decent amount of gem nodes in the underground passages these days. I believe the types you find are based on region, but I don't know what the correlations are.

Looks like Spindrift Passage might be a good spot. T5, though; not sure if you can handle that kind of area or not.

Or, farm trolls, if you can.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, look at you, Mr. Fancy Pants. ;)

Does Graff have a lot of garnet, though? I remember there's one gem type that only has maybe two nodes in the entire mine. I want to say it was garnet, but it's been so long since I've been in there.

[Edit] Actually, I'm thinking maybe Amethyst was the outlier. Hard to tell if I'm remembering Graff, or one of the old Graff clones that no longer exist.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Wilfred, Merrik and Anpu like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don’t believe that list is actually accurate in actual output. Will be interesting when I go check that (based on actual output).

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Oh, duh. I didn't even see the color coding. Read all the words, Cora. ALL the words.

8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

27. Is there a workaround for when chats get "stuck" like this? I can't exit the chat or say goodbye or anything, I have to actually exit to the main menu and then resume the game.

[​IMG]

9. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

28. What exactly is this "Combat Pet Focus Drain"? Is it simply a temporary reduction of max focus due to having a pet or elemental summoned?

[​IMG]

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes, that how much focus you lose while having the creature out.

11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

27. Not sure, I've never had that happen. Bug it if it happens again.
    28. Yes.

12. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Adventure level will affect your effectiveness in mobs killing or pve, it's not just adding health and focus. There are many hidden factors in it, it determines the mobs difficulty towards you as well, if it's a green name is it's within ur level of challenge, but it's a deep red, you might find yourself missing a lot of hits and crit chance. This is from personal experience.

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That has been repeatedly debunked by the devs. It was once true, but Chris has repeatedly stated that AL has no impact whatsoever on combat. Even recently, when one of the new food stats was a bump to AL and PL, he confirmed it plays no part in combat. Misses are no longer a thing, and haven't been since maybe 2016. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't think you've played the game in the last few years.

Violet Ronso and Anpu like this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I specifically started playing offline to actually test AL difference. So far I see nothing different in damage DPS with a character at lower AL level in comparison with an online character with much higher AL level. With skills at the exact same level and using the exact same NPC bought gear. At least so far.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

A long time ago, adventurer level played a huge role in what you were able to fight. If you attempted to fight anything that was red, you would just get nothing but "missed" messages. That logic has long been removed. If it were still around, you would know it.

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, people continue to spead this misinformation constantly. Granted, it could actually be doing something unintended. I have seen no proof of this yet.

17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The only reason why that "seems" true is because usually, as mobs go from red to green, you acquire more experience that you spend on your skills, and end up increasing your armor, which results in easier fights, but if you would find a red mob, not spend a single point of experience and use the same gear until it is green, you will have the same results the whole way through.. Like Cora said, Adventuring level does not play a role in any combat formula, it adds max health and focus which results in a small impact on regens, and it adds carry weight, that is it.

18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

As someone lvl 120 (hey I finally reached that milestone!) Who clears pretty much all the content I want, and I actually do it better than some people with billions of exp more than me, and can attest that gear and smart exp spending is what results in easier fights. One guy in my guild has 6-8 billion exp, I don't even have 1b exp, and he struggles in a lot of fights that I go through like a hot knife in butter. Adventuring level is a number that should never had been added to the game because of all the confusion it generates, but now that it is here, they should put the official information out there, you know, in a loading screen or something.

Anpu likes this.
  19. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Out of curiosity, which question were you answering when you posted this? I don't remember any of my questions in this thread being about mobs but I could be wrong.

20. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

29. I am accumulating experience points far more quickly than I'm applying them to skills. Yesterday I had over 800,000 XP in the available pool. I'd really love to use that to level up a lot of my skills.

I know that some spells can be levelled up by simply casting them over and over and over, and that combat skills can be levelled up by using the practice dummies and practice targets, but that takes HOURS - I feel like I've been at that for 2 or 3 hours and I only used up about a quarter of my available XP.

Is there a faster way to apply accumulated XP to skills?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.