Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

29. Yes. Obsidian Guidance potions (from the crown store) will allow you to apply xp to skills faster. There is also a 3 day blessing which does this, but it's difficult to get. (It's in Lost Vale.) I think there are some semi-rare food items like Lord British's birthday cake or something that also give a bonus.

Also, while exact formulas are unknown, the amount of xp applied from your pool to a skill is affected by the size of your pool. Many people will keep at least a million in their pool at all times to take advantage of this. I usually don't let it dip below 10 million. Higher level players probably keep even more than that.

2. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Well I am not trying to get anyone to agree with me, but I did my experiment i have my own result, don't mind what I said, so just pretend i didn't mention anything here.

3. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

or you can train it while you are grinding exp instead of spend it on the training dummy, saves u a lot of time of just standing infront of training dummy for hours. At least you get to enjoy the hunt while leveling ur skills. however i am only stating here is another option if you wish not spend on Cotos or extra Gold to buy the obsidian potions.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

And the information you gathered in your experiment was 100% true... four years ago.
    Though, either with a dummy or mobs, xp will transfer from your pool to your skills at the same rate. So that method, while certainly more fun than a dummy, won't actually be any faster, which is what the OP is asking for. In fact, unless you're in a zone where the mobs respawn as fast as you can kill them, it would actually be slower, as you'd be waiting for respawns or seeking out other mobs.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Using an Obsidian Potion of Guidance will help pump 300% more experience into your skill with each use.

To make it even faster, here is some information:
    • Create a new deck for training skills.
    • Fill that new deck with locked skills except for one slot.
    • Put the skill you want to train into the empty slot and unlock it.
    • Add as many of the skill icon as you can to the list in the upper right of the deck window.
    • You will need to add more glyphs to the unlocked slot until there are no slugs in the deck (red text).
    When you're done with that, the deck should look something like this:

[​IMG]

Here's what it looks like when you still have a slug in your deck:

[​IMG]

You don't want any slugs.

Now, switch to that deck and use the skills from the unlocked slot as fast as you can. When the glyphs stop coming then go out of combat mode, wait for the combat bar to go away then go back into combat mode. Now you have a fresh set of glyphs to blast through again.

You can make the glyphs come much faster by using the Chaotic Feedback skill but this will damage you for each point of focus you use (note that I use stances as filler for my unlocked slot because they take no focus). If you're training skills that take too much focus then you can use Spellbinder Stance but the glyphs will not come as fast.

If you need help dealing with Chaotic Feedback then just ask.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Gyzarus, Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

like i said before its an option, to be offered, unless you are talking about power leveling then spamming skills in training dummy, then i got nothing to add in anymore.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

@DalTXColtsFan plays offline only, so that wouldn't be an option.

Gyzarus likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you're just training then use an indestructible weapon.

Gyzarus and Anpu like this.
  9. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

My bad I forgetting he is on offline, my apology to everyone here for my misunderstanding

Violet Ronso and Cora Cuz'avich like this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Or rusty/shoddy/lesser weapons, if'n you don't have any store gear.

Anpu, Violet Ronso and Barugon like this.
  11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Crown store gear should be buy able for gold in Offline mode no? I might be very mistaken here but I thought there were those vendors in some areas, though their stock might be out dated.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's still purchased using crowns but crowns can be bought with gold in offline. Crowns also drop a lot in offline.

[edit] Correction, a lot of items you can just purchase directly with gold from NPCs (particularly pledge items).

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah, well, nevermind, then.

14. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

30. Is it just me, or are Ice Elementals totally worthless? I was really enjoying having a water elemental helping me out and when I finally summoned 40+ of them to be able to unlock "summon ice elemental" I was looking forward to it being even more powerful than its liquid companion but it is not, it's a complete wimp - it struggles to beat Ebon Cultist Archers one on one. Am I doing something wrong?!?!? I just find it hard to believe that the harder-to-get spell is less useful.

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think it's probably about as useful as most summoned pets. Even the water ele doesn't really do much damage; it's only good because it spends most of its time healing you. I think some of the ones that use some form of fire attack can be made okay with specs, because they can place DOTs on mobs. But I'm not an expert, I don't really use them. Even the water elemental gets kinda useless when you get to a high level, because you're more likely to be fighting things that can kill it in one or two hits, and if it's constantly dying, it's not healing you.

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I actually need to check that, but it had been reported (but unfortunately was not addressed) the Ice Elemental doesn’t work. I would however suggest using the Earth Elemental. That specific creature does actually work and is very handy. I use that all the time. Even at level 81.

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah, yeah, at 81, a lot of them are probably still halfway decent.

18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

But the Earth Elemental one is a bit extra, it does an earthquake spell which is quite good, so it is one of the best elementals out there!

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think you're confusing it with the air elemental.

Anpu likes this.
  20. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I will definitely experiment with the other elementals. So I'm gathering that the summoned elemental will be more powerful when the spell is at level 80 than when it's at level 10? (Truth be told my ice elemental is only level 4 so maybe I'm not giving it enough of a chance). Is there a chart anywhere that details how much more powerful and specifically how (i.e. more hit points, more speed, more damage, more special attacks or more frequent use of their special attack et al)?

The earth elemental is definitely an interesting consideration for fighting the mobs of ebon cultists that guard the siege engineers - earthquake would be a good one against those mobs. Heck, I have that one myself, I'm not sure why I stopped using it. I'm trying to cultivate a high-level water elemental to help me take on Riei Firefeather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.