Where to "farm" Adventurer XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, then color me a neon shade of wrong.

Yeah, I forgot you were using CotA. I mean, if you kill stuff quickly, the PvE maze in Tartarus, or the Rise are all good. Maybe the Fall as well. It's PvP in online, so I can't say for sure how good it is. If you have Ep 2 access, then Spindleskog would be good.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Just note that if you go to the center of the maze in Tartarus, you're going to trigger waves which might get too tough even all CotA-field.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

So basically for crafting, you have multiple steps which many you must have tried already : Gathering the ressources, preparing the components, crafting the item, Gemming (if you want), Enchantments and Masterworks.

For your end game gear, you will want to aim for a T2 component set, meaning instead of copper or iron, you will want Constantan, Bronze, White iron or Meteoric Iron. Preferably, I would aim for Bronze or Constantan as those give you damage.

But for training purposes, just normal iron or copper Plate boots, which cost 2 sheets each, which means they are pretty much the cheapest plate items to craft! Youc raft a bunch, and then go to the Masterwork/enchantment phase. Enchantment is done at an alchemy table, with 5 gold ingots, 10 mandrake and your item. Meanwhile for masterwork, you go in a blacksmithing station with your item and 5 silver ingots.

You will want to train blacksmithing masterwork to 50 and then immediately go out and buy the 4 specific masterwork skills (plate, chain, blades, shields). Those are the ones that will give you boosted effects and new item specific effects. Same thing for enchantment.

An end game set of armor will include armor pieces that have little to no failures, with 3 masterworks and 3 ernchantments, possibly pushing for a 4th of one or the other depending on your needs. This is what you should aim for, but this will take a long time, you will want your skills at 100 to get the best possible effects, and trust me, this will cost you thousands of materials, this is one of the biggest grinds!

Gravidy likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Same process as enchanting, but uses silver instead of gold. And no mandrake root. You also do it at other tables, not the alchemy table. So, to masterwork leather armor you'd use a tailoring table, smithing table for metal armors and smithed weapons, etc. You might need to buy the recipes from corresponding vendors- it's been a while, and I can't remember if those recipes are already in your book by default or not. Owl's Head is a good place, they have a tailor, carpenter, and blacksmith.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

OK so I played around a bit with enchantment and masterwork until I ran out of silver and gold. I think I'm getting the hang of it. I have a bunch of recipes for bronze, meteoric iron, white iron and constantin stuff that I haven't really looked at yet. My enchantment and masterwork skills aren't yet to the level where I can buy the next sets of skills, so I'm probably going to have to go on a gold and silver run for awhile first. But it's fun!

Barugon, Gravidy and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

There we go!

Also if you did not have this image already, it lacks the Solar Flare damage enchantment for chest pieces in the sun tree, but for the rest, here are the possible outcomes if you socket a gem into a piece BEFORE enchanting. If you would prefer stat points like dex, strength or int instead (which is more than 90% of the cases), you will want to socket the gem AFTER enchanting.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/266759303665418241/474753799039352844/Zjj1sP0.png

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  7. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

But this is cheating this doesn't prove nothing to yourself by increasing your skill. Say you decide that you are going to play the online game, you are going to struggle a lot due to not having the ability to modify your stats and you will realise how slow it would be.

I would suggest that you learn your build and work on it rather than modifying your stats so you can clear a specific area. Increasing your skill to 179 is not realistic and that might take you several months to achieve in the real game without any real gains without leveling other skills as well.

Just be mindful of what you are doing and how that might affect you whiles playing the game normal.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Though... since the only reason to gain xp is to apply it to skills, and you're using CotA to raise your skills to whatever you want... why would you ever need to farm xp?

9. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

When you make ingots from ore it also gives you craft experience. This applies to everything in the craft. When you craft, you do not notice that the game also gives craft experience for this. Try it.

Margaritte likes this.
  10. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

About a place to get experience. So, there in Russian, but I have attached a screenshot of where this place is. There are many animals, fighting with which you will receive not only the experience of a wanderer, but also the experience of crafting and valuable resources.[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Margaritte likes this.
  11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Well for one thing, it's FUN, and for another thing, though I haven't been able to get an answer to this yet, I'm HOPING that Fiona's stats and powers increase as we mow down Ebon Cultists like grass. I can cheat MY skills, but not hers. Lastly, I may play online someday.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

AFAIK, NPCs don't progress.

Chubble82 and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you click on the image, it will open the PNG in your browser. Just copy that url. Example:

https://i.paste.pics/AWHQM.png

If you paste that URL into the image tag then it should work.

zaweraks likes this.
  14. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

But what prevents you from doing this?:rolleyes:

15. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

I'm new on this forum, thank you for that)

Margaritte, Anpu and Barugon like this.
  16. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Out of curiosity:

In the online game, are there people who just SELL gold ore, silver ore, tin, tungsten et al so that those who don't necessarily WANT to spend hours upon hours doing nothing but re-enter the etceter crag mines to mine 100 pieces of gold ore over and over and over don't have to?

Also, I seem to be missing halberd head recipes in any metal other than iron or copper. I have basically everything else in basically every other metal, but can't seem to find game-ending halberd head recipes. Just bad luck? Can I make my own recipes maybe?

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Items that use higher-end materials, like hard maple timbers or constantin ingots, require recipes that only drop from enemies.

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So farm those yellow and better supply bundles, that's the best way to get those recipes.

Barugon likes this.
  20. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

That, by the way, is another answer to your question of "why farm" if I'm just going to level myself up with Cota - those grey and yellow supply bundles are like christmas presents I can't wait to unwrap!

Violet Ronso and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.