1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please let Ignite Weapon stack

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sorgin Txakal, Dec 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Currently Ignite Weapon doesn't stack and it becomes the least effect spell in the fire tree and the first to achieve significant diminishing returns on xp investment. I have been trying to avoid becoming a full-on fire mage while exploring avenues of a hybrid magic and melee nature since I started, against most people's recommendations. I don't think making this spell more powerful will make becoming a fire mage more appealing or increase their ratio in the meta, quite the opposite I think: most fire mages do not attack with weapons, so increasing the power of Ignite Weapon would make a non-pure fire mage build more attractive.

Thanks for considering!

Violet Ronso likes this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The spell did recently receive a buff in terms of the fire resistance debuff it acquired, just stating that out there before it is said. Clearly not the best spell out there, but it does offer some DoT, but especially a chance at procing the Aether Feedback special effect!

Sorgin Txakal and Anpu like this.
  3. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Ya, I would be okay with dropping/decreasing the fire debuff and/or decreasing the spell time if increasing the damage via stacking the skill would require further balancing. The fire debuff is a fixed value, so it also receives no benefit at higher levels unless you are using multiple additional fire spells on top of ignite weapon, which more benefits a fire mage in your group if there is one there than a magically charged melee build.

Obviously a relatively lower priority, just think the spell could use some more fine tuning to make it more beneficial to people who don't want to go pure fire mage as their primary source of damage. Hoping if others feel the same, so might get the devs' interest.

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Let's just not forget, Ignite Weapon is technically a "Passive damage buff" as in you cast it and forget it, and depending on your attunement, you can get an increase of 5-15 dps, on top of your physical weapons damage. Once again, a major balance pass could help balance this out to make the spell more powerful, but the way things are, making it stronger could work the wrong way.

5. Toular

Toular Avatar

Just increasing the duration with stacking (or charging) would be fine with me. Particularly since charging takes sooooooo vvveeeerrrryyyy loooonnnngggg and all you get out of charging is lower focus cost. I gain focus faster than the focus reduction from charging.

-----------------
    Just went into the game an tried charging ignite weapon ,.... I guess it doesn't really take that long to charge. You just don't get anything for it except focus cost, but again ... the uncharged focus cost can be recovered in a few seconds anyway.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.