Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @thanhan. I am Majoria in the game if I can ever help. If you don't see me in game send me a mail message. Mailboxes are in bank buildings. You can also craft them. Enjoy your journey.

Elgarion likes this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time in New Britannia! :)

3. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Welcome jaxsG5 and thanhan!
    I hope you have a great time here,

Ysold.

4. Troow

Troow Avatar

Hello
    I started to play about 1½ month ago I got my shroud 2 days ago and is looking forward to new adventures.
    Thanks for making raids for newbies like me :)

[​IMG]

Kelly O'Shay, majoria70 and Anpu like this.
  5. Dave Gamer

Dave Gamer Avatar

Hi guys! I am a new person here!

majoria70 likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Dave Gamer gamer to the game. I'm Majoria in game if I can ever help.

7. Edrei

Edrei Avatar

Hello there. I am Edrei online and started in the offline version to poke around and try to figure some things out. I did play UO a while back (early 2k), but I didn't have the resources to fully enjoy the experience as some of my friends at the time encouraging me to play and engage did. A good friend at the time did help a lot in me understanding and learning the game. I typically keep to myself and prefer to be an observer, though I do appreciate anyone's help if it can be spared (I realize we all have our obligations) since this usually helps speed up the process for me since I consider myself to be someone slow to grasp concepts, but I try to be patient and learn. :) Suffice it to say, I mostly try to keep offline in general since I am a little skittish, but I hope to meet others in game (my apologies about earlier this evening in chat, I am still learning). I usually try to find the answers through searches, but I don't always find what it is I'm looking for (usually in relation to clearing a quest item, crafting in general, the deck building, and I'm sure more). Thanks all for posting all the helpful material. Cheers.

Oh and thanks for the add as a friend and assistance MM (not good w/spelling).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    FrostII, Winfield and Lord Aventine like this.
  8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome Edrei!

Elgarion, FrostII and Winfield like this.
  9. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to you Edrei !! I hope your time in New Britannia is fun and rewarding. There are lots of people who can help with big and small things. I too like to figure things out first, read if I can't figure it out, then ask someone. Many times, I adventure solo but am still in an online mode. That's because I do go out with a group once in a while, or I get stuck and someone has to come to rescue me from a quest or monster (usually because I did not pay attention to something, don't have enough skill, or the quest is bugged).

Whether playing offline or online mode, this "ultima-type game" can be very rewarding depending on what you want to do and knowing your expectations. Getting through the interfaces and mechanics can be a bit daunting and don't hesitate to ask someone about those things; save yourself some time. The Devs have tried to make SotA Challenging (learn things, search, wander, understand the lore, figure out how to kill bigger monsters) versus Hard (fight the interface, have tedious low "quality of life" mechanics, etc.).

I've learned a lot from people here who have way more experience in adventure, combat, deco, and quests than I have. I also always see things in a positive light--it's just the way I am--and I wish I had more time to play SotA these days... I need to publish some books and do more fishing!

Again, welcome to New Britannia!

Elgarion and FrostII like this.
  10. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Welcome new players!

You have a great journey ahead of you and a fun one. Sometimes you'll be baffled, so don't hesitate to ask questions here. We're a helpful bunch!

Ysold.

Elgarion likes this.
  11. ArdRhi

ArdRhi Avatar

Hi, all.

I'm new to *playing* the game, but I actually backed it during the Kickstarter, Way Back When. I tried one of the really early pre-beta proof of concept releases, but it was still nearly unusably primitive, so I sort of forgot about it for a while.

I've found some very friendly people, including one Grandmaster who has sort of taken me under his wing and is cramming information into my head with a 10 lb. lump hammer.

Elgarion, Wilfred, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Elgarion

Welcome! Be sure to post questions if any arise :) Happy adventures!

13. Bo Jangles

Bo Jangles Avatar

I was about to respond to a post about Private Preston (PTSD). Unfortunately, I told him to calm down because I thought the game wanted me to but now I've pissed him off and I cannot talk to him. I have learned about the Quest reset feature and know how to use it but that might be overkill for this. I am just about to complete all 3 "Outskirt" scenarios. Other than that I played all the Ultimas growing up, UO on Siege Perilous (and others) and Tabula Rasa. Brand new to SOTA though I followed it (like Garriott) through the process. Trying the Steam FTP. Character is "Bo Jangles". Placed my freebie deed in Veritas Sanctuary and am very paranoid I'm not playing the game right. but if it's the same as UO then as long as I am having fun I am playing it right. I initially heeded the warnings of noobie guides and locked down my skills but I am finding that just hampered me more. They are gaining just fine and I still have a nice pool going. Started with Bow and light armor and very little magic (light and healing) but am also gaining the passive STR/DEX and Heavy Lifter. I'm not locking my crafting at all but I have not done farming or fishing. Everything else, yes. Anyways, Hi there!

14. Elgarion

Oh ya, definitely save that quest reset feature for a good moment -- you only get one :) Welcome to the community! Be sure to ask questions if you got them. The community usually dives in to answer fairly quickly :) Happy holidays!

15. Bo Jangles

Bo Jangles Avatar

Well, my biggest concern at the moment is where I live. As I said I placed the free deed you get from Outskirts and I placed it in Veritas Sanctuary but I didn't check with anybody or anything. I have heard even if I get evicted though I'll get the deed back and all my stuff will just move to the bank. Then I just need to find a new spot. Or, I could reach out to the POT owner and see if I can stay. I'll create a new thread I think. I still have questions from time to time and it can be frustrating figuring it out.

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

17. Bo Jangles

Bo Jangles Avatar

I previously saw that (and many of your guides too, Anpu, thank you!) I don't see Veritas Sanctuary listed anywhere. I don't know how to move my property either. I still have much to learn. Friday was really my 1st day. I've picked up a lot already.

Anpu likes this.
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you haven't spent significant amount of time decorating your home, you can send the lot and all of it's content to the Bank by unclaming the lot. You won't don't lose anything. Everything you own in your lot will go to the bank. The property lot deed will go into your players inventory. Then go claim a new lot in a town you like. You will then just need to move everything from the bank back to your new lot.

19. sanspants

sanspants Avatar

If you see a two-handed swordsman running around in leather armor named Thonderil, give him a wave as he's pretty new around here!

I kickstarted the game a long time ago, and then Stuff Happened <tm> and I'm only recently getting in. So far, I've been enjoying myself and finding new shenanigans to get into.

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi and welcome @Bo Jangles . So don't worry if you like where you placed your deed just stay there. The default for lots is not to automaticalky allow claiming so I would almost guarantee the governor has set the lots to claimable by anyone. Also if you find another place unclaim and move. If you want to save your decorated lot click on property manager and drag the lot to an open space. It can cost cotos but you may have a free save. I manage Wizards Rest located behind Owlshead and I have all lots set to claim. I do send welcome letters to all residents. It is not usual to get evicted. Governors want their towns full. I am Majoria in game if I can ever help. If you don't see me in game send a mail message and I'll respond. I also except all friends requests. Have a great time.