Where to "farm" Adventurer XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, farming loot makes sense, with or without CotA. I was specifically talking about farming xp, which is what you started the thread for.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's still fun to play a game and not cheat. :)

Violet Ronso likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Not this one, lately...

4. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

On the contrary, I leave the opening of these gifts for another time, because often what I get there weighs more than the bag itself)

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

1. Yes, people will sell everything they can, from components, resources, to crafted Items, to recipes. Basically anything you can loot gather or make can be traded. People will also offer to enchant/masterwork your gear for you if you have all the resources required!

2.if you look on Sotawiki.net for the recipe you are trying to get, if it is teachable or re-teachable, you can simply place the required items in the crafting table and you will be able to craft it, otherwise, you will need to either buy it for the basic recipes, or loot them from bundles and mobs for the material specific or higher tier recipes. Online, these can be bough as well, and usually many players will give you all the Teachable and Re-Teachable recipes they know!

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Stuff in offline used to be like half as strong as stuff in online.

If thats still the case i’d say probably hammer out sieges and leave when the cabalist shows up unless you figured out how to deal with thier curses and want the loot.

If you havent already, crafting yourself some good gear focused on empowering a particular build would help you immensely. If you can kill the cabalists or poke around the rise, youll get a ton of artifacts quick to play with out of those blue and orange bundles, then masterwork and enchant them

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Oh, also the obsidian golems in the shardfalls drops supply bags grey yellow and blue, they are very easy to kill as well

8. dayero

dayero Avatar

i just tested that i am quite suprised. i was able to kill them with a lvl 48 char with only 800k xp invested. basically lvl 40-50 skills + food + devotionals + ariel + water elemental . managed to get 2 grey and 2 yellow supply bundles in 45min while still killing some other stuff and harvesting nodes.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

When you can kill the aciwnt golems that have less than 2k health, head to Quel Shardfall at the base of the meteorite. They can drop orange bags.

When you get nice and powerful go find the ferocious ancient golems. They drop blue and orange at a high rate and drop yellows almost 100% of the time. They can drop yellow blue and orange at the same time

Violet Ronso likes this.
  10. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I'm playing online now and have therefore basically completely "started over" - my AL is about 50. Anyway, I don't know how "good" this spot is but it sure is fun: The South Longfall Road northeast of Aerie. Enter from the south exit and immediately turn east - you'll come upon a bandit camp that spawns faster than a cockroach nest. I get ganged up on by 8 Thugs and once I kill them all, in less time than it takes to loot their corpses there are already 3 or 4 on me. It's pretty much continuous.

When I get a chance, I'll record my starting XP, farm that spot for an hour and record my ending XP - I'm sure it'll be nowhere near a million an hour but it'll be interesting nonetheless.

11. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

If you whisper Robert Baratheon when I am on I am happy to take you to Episode 2 content and help level you up. I like to be helpful.

Barugon and Violet Ronso like this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The 1m per hour mark can be very long before you reach it. You either plan to take it slow, or accept offers like Robert's!

13. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Tell me more please Robert. I would love to at least get back to where my offline character was somewhat quickly so i don't have to spend a lot of time going through everything again. PM me if that would be preferred.

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

In Episode 2, there is a scene called Spindelskog, high level players go there and obtain 8m experience per 15-20 minutes, giving them the remaining 40 to do something else. Robert is one of those who can do this on his own, so you could simply tag along with him and obtain that experience just by chasing him around.

King Robert and Anpu like this.
  15. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

In Spindrlskog I can help you attenuate pretty efficiently -

Violet Ronso likes this.
  16. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

For solo XP grind, once you reach adv lvl 80 or so, Crag Foothills is a pretty cool place to visit. Lots of skeletons, elfs, wolves, obsidian stags and tons of diverse gathering nodes. The scene is like a circuit, so you may clear it just to meet the first enemy spawn location filled with mobs and nodes again. It's fun to play there for sure, and the gold is good as well. Not to mention you can get artifacts there reasonably often.

17. Tamashiiken

Tamashiiken Avatar

Hey,I was killing mobs in the Soltown catacombs and i got a ring that said crafted by Robert Barathian, I assume that means you made it, I'm still pretty new so I don't understand , how did an elf get one of your rings? ps sorry this is off topic

Violet Ronso likes this.
  18. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Welcome Tamashiiken,

The game has a system which drops from mobs can give you gear items crafted by players. We can sell crafted items (probably only gear items) to npc vendors and those items goes to the loot tables. There is a chance always to get one of these items, basically thats how it works.

Violet Ronso and Tamashiiken like this.
  19. Tamashiiken

Tamashiiken Avatar

Thanks very much for the info! People please don't stop doing this, the only rings I had seen were selling for 7k+, so I was happy to get one from a mob!

Violet Ronso and Rada Torment like this.
  20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Some other crafted items, too. One player flooded the loot tables with advertisements for his bow merchant. Sadly, books don't seem to drop. Or it may be nobody has sold off enough of them to merchants to guarantee that at least one got into the hands of somebody willing to come here and post about it. Probably same for furniture- not every item sold goes into the tables, and likely nobody has tried selling enough of it for anybody to notice.

Rada Torment likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.