1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Universal Vendor Search without prices

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Echondas, Oct 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CICI

CICI Avatar

2. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

Vendor search in UO was a terrible idea..only the players who play 24/7 sell everything now. In the old days before that you sold at the bank, and then once they had vendors people
    would mark scrolls and leave them around, once players found you they always came back.. I am against global vendor search. maybe town only with no prices.
    Shopping around is fun for a lot of folks. Its fine the way things are..work on content and bug fixes.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Says the guy who "couldn't play" because his heraldry was the wrong color...
    Your opinion regarding Vendor Search here and in UO is in a serious minority in both cases. I played UO for almost 2 decades, and I LOVED it when Vendor Search arrived - as did everyone I knew back then.
    We shopped WAY MORE.

Vendor Search wouldn't preclude your ability to spend countless hours running between towns if that is your pleasure.
    For the bulk of us, it's so stupid we don't even bother. Hence, no real economy at all.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Adam Crow, Cordelayne and CICI like this.
  4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I am absolutely amazed that a global search without prices still hasn't happened. Running through rows and rows of vendors in the dozens of crafter towns is literally my nightmare.

[​IMG]

Time Lord, Wilfred and FrostII like this.
  5. CICI

CICI Avatar

it needs to be with prices =-D

Templarius, Wilfred and FrostII like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

All the "data" is obviously there - per vendor.
    I wonder how many hours of dev time it would take to implement this ?

Wilfred likes this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This and selling/buying partial stacks would open up the two biggest bottlenecks in trade

Wilfred likes this.
  8. oplek

oplek Avatar

Dealing the logistics of such a large database may take some doing.

But do you know what'd help with that? If they got around to supporting partial-stack sales, where you can set a unit price. That way instead of a vendor having 100 stacks of garlic, it's one stack of thousands. That'd consolidate a lot of database entries.

Wilfred likes this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yep. There's a billion ways to make the experience better without building a whole new system, and this is a huge one, asked for by thousands of now gone baby gone players.

Heck, I spent weeks mocking up ways for them to make TINY improvements to the UI * and passionately endorsed by every major seller. It was totally ignored.

*(Note: We know they are able to make UI improvements, just look at the Crown Store.)

They just don't WANT to. Did the MAX button Chris promised 2 years ago in a livestream ever show up? The easiest fix in the world?

You keep asking for a whole new system. We've seen how well the NPCs, Dungeons, Obsidian Trials, etc turned out. Maybe this time will be different!

But you know it won't, the core is outdated and circling the drain.

Guess what happens when you make it easier to list items? Way more listed items!

So those dead vendors slowly return to life!

Guess what happens when you make Global Search but the vendor listing experience still sucks?

Nothing changes!

Cici and Elrond keep listing, everyone that hates spending 12 clicks per item keeps giving up. The same hard core people who are now developing carpel tunnel from restocking keep going, and no one else does. Might as well have just gone to Elronds stores in the first place.

Here's your check on whether this will help long run. Ask yourself:

"Will this change bring Vlad back?"

Answers: You know it won't be done to quality, so no it won't.

It won't make it fast and easy to list items on vendors, so no it won't.

Global search is the last gasp of circling the drain. Fix the core problem instead.

Anpu likes this.
  10. CICI

CICI Avatar

Yes! we need both a overhaul on the vendor ui and a Universal Vendor Search

Wilfred and FrostII like this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I know you're younger than most of us but give yourself a few more years of listing using the UI as it is now and you're going to wind up with medical conditions.

12. CICI

CICI Avatar

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And you used to run a town, that should tell everyone how bad the listing process is. You're on your way out it seems.

Univeral Search isn't going to solve your problem either, it just means you need to list faster, and if you're already down to one, you'll fatigue out.

14. CICI

CICI Avatar

nope just too hard to keep ppl in the town because we have 400 plus I like npc towns

read my edit post I did say it need to be fix lol

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Huh?

16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

We're unlikely to get EITHER, so I highly suggest if campaigning is to happen, on the off chance a MIRACLE happens, that the core gets fixed, rather than the old Shroud standby of applying a bandage on top of a bandage.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  17. CICI

CICI Avatar

don't matter to me I'm not trying to get top gold for my items like some players in sota but the devs do need to fix both the Vendor UI and add a Vendor Search to make qol for traders/shoppers...

Templarius, Wilfred, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  18. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Bump to remind the devs that a Vendor Search system is still the most important improvement needed in SotA.

Devs, please add a nice Vendor Search system to SotA, Thank you! :)

necronut and that_shawn_guy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.