1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Cannot claim lots in upgraded POT Salem

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by StarLife, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

01/08/2021 11:33
    Title: Cannot claim lots in upgraded POT
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?No
    Details:My POT Salem was just upgraded from a Crossroads Village to a Town. The square feet is currently at 36000/50400. I am able to place new lot markers. However, when trying to claim a lot I get an error message that says "Unable to claim lot because doing so would exceed this town's allowed square foot limit" In the case on the preceding error message I was trying to claim a water town lot. The same error appears when trying to claim other vacant lots.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Place lot marker
    2) Lot marker successfully placed as under town limit
    3) Try to claim lot
    4) Receive error message "Unable to claim lot because doing so would exceed this town's allowed square foot limit""
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16249
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU RAM: 3029
    SotA.Win.64.1332.Date.01.07.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Salem
    Area Display Name: Salem
    Loc: (217.4, 36.0, 265.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxTYWxlbXwoMjE3LjM3OSwgMzYuMDIsIDI2NS4xMSl8KDAsIC0wLjc1NywgMCwgMC42NTMpfDI2NS4zNDExfDUzLjAzMjg2fDE4

2. MikaOba

MikaOba Avatar

Can verify this issue in Salem when trying to clam a empty town lot a error message is displayed "Unable to claim lot because doing so would exceed this town's allowed square foot limit"

3. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

@Echondas Please see above

Additionally, as part of the town upgrade (which just went live) I requested the below.

"I currently have a Balloon (in Salem) that goes to Spite (NPC Town). When landing in Spite I arrive at the West gate. Is it possible to change this so that I land at the Spite docks instead of the West Gate (there is an existing balloon at the Spite docks)?"

The above change has not been implemented. The default landing location in Spite has not changed. I am still landing at the West gate and not the balloon at the Spite Docks. Could this change please be processed.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

We looked into this issue this morning, including testing by adding lots to Salem worked correctly on the live server for us. It's possible that may need to update your game client to solve this issue. (Chris/Atos may have already contacted you with this suggestion.)

The update for Salem is being done in two parts: the upgrade first, and the scene change later. We normally update everything at the same time, but Chris had to submit a patch for something else and though it would be nice to submit the POT upgrade portion before the official Release date.

6. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

@Sannio

My client was already fully patched when I tried this. I was able to place lots without problem. I tried 'claiming' those lots on 2 different computers (both patched) and also had a third person try it on their system (to ensure it wasn't a problem with me). We both could not 'claim' lots. Not sure what you've done, however, as I am able to claim lots today.

Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm glad everything is working for you!

StarLife and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.