1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

a boost for pacu food

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Alley Oop, Jan 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

when pacu was added, it was worth going to the fishing towns of the day because baked pacu was one of the few int foods and most of those were high-level. since chris did his overhaul of food stats, though, baked salmon gives more int than baked pacu and that's so common that npc fishmongers sell them. please give pacu food a stat that's worth its rarity (which isn't all THAT much, but more than salmon).

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I got the head nod to make some changes. I was just about to raise it to 5 INT, 1 more than Salmon and also leave it single channel, but realized there could then be other foods that seem weak compared to that. Dominoes! I'll try to dive into this shortly once I can build a good spreadsheet that properly helps me compare all food bonuses when we make adjustments.

FrostII, Hazard, Wilfred and 3 others like this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Elgarion while you're in the food system, reminder that Fish Stew cannot be eaten (# 68270)

Anpu likes this.
  4. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Sorry to bug you out of turn @Elgarion, but while you are in the food system, can you please look at Paladis White Wine?

It has been brought up on multiple live streams and even during the QA that, since the food buff rework, this wine applies a debuff to fizzle chance and not a mitigation buff.

I think the community could just move on if we could hear that it is functioning as intended at least so we don't hold out hope it will become useful outside of RP.

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Elgarion

Sure thing, I'll look at it as well, taking it down in my notes. More things for me to look at while I'm in there, the better :)

FrostII, Anpu, Wilfred and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Thank you!

If that's the case, you might also want to look at pieces of apple pie and the other baked goods. Few of them were revised after the food system rework but were assigned 3 points.

* Apple Pie
    * Bannana Bread
    * Gingerbread
    * Sugar cookies

7. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

@Elgarion is there a chance we can see crafted food peaceable for deco? I know we started with the cupcakes from the Lord British Birthday cakes, but it would be nice to set a table with more than a deco huge steak, loves of break and scattered garden veggies.

FrostII and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  8. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Sorry for the misdirection @Elgarion ,looks like some of these were already addressed since I last looked at them. Aside from fresh produce and in-game dropped breads, here are the ones I am seeing that could use a revisit:

• Apple Pie
      • [​IMG]
    • Pumpkin Pie
      • [​IMG]
    • Decorated Cake Slice:
      • [​IMG]
    • Paladis White Wine
      • [​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  9. Elgarion

Certainly some of that is possible and likely to be done at some point. I'll jot it down for the future for when I'm looking for a good grind. That sounds like a fun one to knock out.

Ah no worries, keep any aberrations you spot published here. I'll review this link once I get to this in my list (sooner than later).

10. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Does pet food count?

Pet Food, Fishy Nibblers gives +5 Adventuring level, which is not applicable to pets as far as I can tell. Maybe it was supposed to be +5 Tame Level Bonus like common taming helms and belt?
    It can also be eaten by the player if no pet is nearby.
    Also I don't like that it shows the player eating animation when I feed my pet (any of the pet foods), but that is likely beyond this thread.

(and add my vote to the more food placeable as deco, especially sugar cookies and pie slices!)

Thanks Elgarion for all you do!

Elgarion and FrostII like this.
  11. Elgarion

Yup, sure does -- I can fix that and likely the animation used for feeding pets as well. It's on my to-do list now.

FrostII and Wilfred like this.
  12. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

@Elgarion

Did another pass:

• Pacu
      • Int buff should reflect rarity
      • [​IMG]
    • Apple Pie
      • Only has base buff for 3 points
      • [​IMG]
    • Pumpkin Pie
      • [​IMG]
    • Decorated Cake Slice:
      • [​IMG]
    • Paladis White Wine -
      • Fizzle Mitigation is adding fizzle chance
      • [​IMG]
    • 25 Year Whiskey
      • Per Chris. Producer Level has no effect on anything - maybe a fishing level buff until Rum comes out?
      • [​IMG]
    • Fish Stew, Fish Sticks & Fishy Nibblers - catch all fish foods
      • Fish Sticks and Fish Stew are amongst the lowest eaten foods, yet tens of thousands of fish are caught and these are the only two non-pet food recipes for fish of all kinds. Maybe a more appealing higher tier 2 point buff to make these foods competitive would be a good solution to bring their use up - possibly lvl 1 & 2 pure focus/combat focus regen buff?
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
      • Fishy Niblers is also the least consumed of all pet foods and is also the only other recipe for all kinds of fish - the adventure level buff does not seem to be well understood or deemed competitive
      • [​IMG]
    • Catfish ranks very low on foods eaten - perhaps a stealth/sneak attack bonus?
      • [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Wilfred, Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fish stew is broken right now, you can't get good usage stats.

Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
  14. Elgarion

Thanks, keep'em rollin. I likely won't get to these for R86, still trying to finish up a big project, but I'll look into them during R86 for an R87 publish. Please keep posting oddities, and I'll look'em over when I dive in.
    I'll take a gander :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.