Crafting Wishlist - Underutilized Ingredients

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sequanna Colossus, I believe.

Anpu likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Can mine it like in The Sequanna Colossus.

3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ohhhhhhh ya, that's sounding familiar now. Definitely quartz needs some love fo sho. Thanks guys :)

Wilfred likes this.
  4. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

This might not be possible because they are quest items, but at one point a long time ago Chris mentioned making another use for them....

Arcane Catalyst (from sieges, daily quest turn in)

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just keep in mind, there are quartz nodes in that scene, but they aren’t plentiful. And mining one only yields 2 quartz.

Wilfred likes this.
  6. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Something that occurred to me when brewing was coming down the pipeline and again with the pass on food. There has been a desire to make drinks that are non-alcoholic and there is already a template in the game. Ceramic Jugs with Apple Juice or Grape Juice are available as pick up items. In the past, I had envisioned that Empty Ceramic Jugs would become a craftable thing and then whiskey could be distilled into them. This would coincide with the ceramic jugs of whiskey that can be picked up around Novia. It would be nice if at least this could hold true for new beverages in the future. The existing assets could be made consumable, and then recipes could be added to make Empty Ceramic Jugs craftable followed by recipes for Grape Juice and Apple Juice to match current in game assets. Follow on from there would be expanding drink types with that template.

Sorgin Txakal and Wilfred like this.
  7. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Trilobites, like we need a use for them at all?!

Trilobites are related to crabs, so I would have them boiled with peppers and onions and served with lemon butter (boiled trilobite with lemon butter).
    I'd also make them the only fish not butchered before cooking. Making them unique.
    They should be either death type, life type, fire type, earth type, element resistance or melee resistance.

Sorgin Txakal and Wilfred like this.
  8. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

@Elgarion Can you please explain how the loot system work please. I noticed that you have added a few dragon bones and maps to the dragon loot. Can you explain how that affect getting Artifacts from dragon especially the hard and good loot dragons like Aether Dragon?

Does adding these new deco item decrease the chance or does it not matter at all. I can understand you wanting to spice up the loot but for some high end players we see these things as junk because we normally do boss rotation and to constantly get these items and maps on boss drops just seems worthless for us, also the fact that its more items to sort/organised at the end of a run.

Could these items not be excluded from the important bosses and only be added to the lesser bosses. Atos did say there is a way for developers to know what types of mob it is whether its a boss, lesser or normal mobs.

It would be interesting to know how these loot tables work please? @Elgarion

9. Elgarion

There's significant flexibility on a loot table. You can set up items to to be either/or as a weighted concept, for instance 75% chance to drop A or the other 25% it'll drop B... Also we have an a la carte type concept with items out of the weighted scale which simply have a flat percentage to be added to the loot with no regard to whatever else showed up in the loot window. Everything I've added has its own separate chance for loot, so I have not reduced your chances to get other loot items if that's what you're asking.

Wilfred, Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  10. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

From what your saying adding multiple items to the current loot table does not affect previously added items. Is there a way you can describe the loot table, i.e.
    • Crafting materials will drop with a percentage.
    • Artifacts will drop with a percentage.
    • Currency will drop with a range.
    So what you have done is added a new category to the list so in-fact the loot table gets bigger and the chances of drops are the same as before?

11. Elgarion

Yes, the loot tables received additional items, and none of my entries subtract chances for others to drop. Chris has also verified that nobody has reached any loot caps which simply are in place to catch bugs/exploits. I did not adjust the drop rates of any existing loot item. If you had a specific item you were concerned about, I can look up a particular loot item if you believe it is no longer dropping or if its perhaps at WAY too low of a percentage. There is no flat rate "applies to all loot tables concept" -- for instance, "all artifacts drop at X percent." They'll vary widely based upon the item as well as the creature it drops from.

Wilfred, Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

(While you're in there, could ya make components and patterns drop in addition to scrap instead of replacing scrap when salvaging? I promise not to tell anyone it was you.)

Wilfred, Rinaldi and Anpu like this.
  13. Elgarion

Bzus said he'd soon be reworking the salvage system considerably at our end to simply work in the area. Once he gives it the love, we'll have more freedom to do many nice things, but yes -- we'll definitely look into what you're mentioning at that time as well. Feel free to nudge me if we forget that nuance :)

Aldo, Wilfred, Sorgin Txakal and 2 others like this.
  14. Royou

Royou Avatar

@Elgarion @Chris

Kobold Sprinkler System

I wish there was a way we could have this in game, or a way I could find a Kobold Tinkerer that I could employ to make it for me *Wink Wink* as we don’t get experience for watering, spending so much time watering is time that could be better spent elsewhere.

If would could have a system that we could attach to a planting bed, with a tank that we could attach to a wall or place beside the planter, that we still have to fill with buckets, with a switch we could push to set them off, you could have different size tanks to choose from, if we could have it so that we could attach other sprinklers to each other so that we could have the system cover bays of beds, it would still take time to fill the tanks and push the switch but it would reduce time spent watering greatly, and as we don’t get experience for watering could not be exploited, and if you physically have to be there to push the switch also.

Just an idea I hope can be done at some point.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    Sorgin Txakal and AzazelReborn like this.
  15. Royou

Royou Avatar

Bee Hives so that we can gather honey and wax, both used in crafting.

Widsith [MGT] and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  16. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Perhaps a lower priority, but it begs the question - where are all the Catfish?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Elgarion likes this.
  17. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Can we also make Obsidian Chips be used to make more stuff?

Elgarion likes this.
  18. Lained

Lained Avatar

Created into fish sticks for some XP and sold to a merchant for a tiny amount of gold.

Sorgin Txakal and Elgarion like this.
  19. Elgarion

Good point, definitely going to look at fishy recipes too.
    Sure thing -- right now, I'm scurrying to get 9 big recipes ready to craft 9 cool lookin decos (and buff providing) using lesser utilized ingredients if I could muster it. One of them will be using Obsidian Chips, albeit not a crazy amount to provide a sink for these, but it'll be one more recipe that takes up about maybe 20-30 of them.

Wilfred, Sorgin Txakal and Anpu like this.
  20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Wootz Ingot:
    5 Quartz
    2 iron ingot
    20 Coal
    110 smelting skill

To be used in
    Damascus 2-h sword/Halberd blade
    Which would be comparable to torc dawl stuff in power

got the idea from @Serr Peters talking about 2 handed pole arms not being comparable to sylvan. Blades has the same issue but bludgeon’s top tier material is for a 2 hander so it’s 1 handers arent stronger than the 2 hander.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Wilfred and Elgarion like this.