Where to "farm" Adventurer XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

(Maybe we could persuade @Elgarion to inform us what items can end up in the loot...)

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Items that have a makers tag go into the loot tables.

But it’s possible books don’t. Never seen one drop before. Probably because no one is putting any in there.

3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

No books like you said. Months ago I sent this feedback/idea to Chris, about being able to sell books/notes to npcs and find them in loot from mobs. May sound dull but would be awesome for some custom quests/stories made by players.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, seems like kind of a no-brainer. So, probably after balancing combat and fixing loot.

5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

You mean nerfing ranged further, don't you?
    :D

6. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Okay, so... probably for the next month I'm not going to have much time to play, so frankly, I plan to log in and visit the oracle once per day, and maybe go to one town I haven't been to yet and talk to the town crier. I know there are other daily quests that probably don't take too long. So hopefully no more than 15 minutes a day for the next month and I'll have a nice stash of gold.

I did find one cool place to "farm" - the Twin Foothills. If you enter from the south exit and go almost directly east there's a bandit camp where you get mobbed by thugs that respawn fairly quickly. They average about 45 gold each plus their clubs, plus there are a few silver and copper nodes nearby plus a few trees and cotton plants. The process of enter, kill the mob, gather a few resources, exit, enter, lather, rinse, repeat is fairly lucrative.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you can handle that bandit camp easily, go for the bandit camp in the other corner. during the day they're a little higher level and drop messers which sell for a lot. at night, some t8 swashbucklers will spawn in too, which may be a fun challenge or may be time to go back to the bandits with the clubs.

Anpu and DalTXColtsFan like this.
  8. Lorddread

Lorddread Avatar

Curious on all this as i haven't played in some time. People talking here about higher lvl zones to farm but how does one find them? Not exactly a lot of info on the game out now as to zones or anything else. I mean I have even looked on map on sota site world map very hard to find lvls of dif zones without highlighting them etc and I still can't say i have hovered over one with higher then t5 on it. I am about to start playing again so info would be great. Sounds like to goto the best places i will also need ep 2? I am alvl 102 atm skills though are all over place but i am fire and life spec. most skills in those trees are over 100 some at 110 specs are both at 80 or 82,
    Not sure where to go although tartarus sounds like it might work for me? Prefer non ranged attackers if possible as I have hand problems so can't do real twitchy things and only use locked deck so any stacking is done by holding keys in etc. Don't really have a great deck either not really sure what is best on one really other then main ring fire, meteor, ice field(which mine is low), immolation, healing grace and ray. Sep buff bar of course. I hear gear has changed alot since i played to not sure in what ways and also potions now better and a must? and food to improvements? anything else that improves gear etc? sorry to ask this here but it is a topic of getting xp which is what i need to be able to do solo when possible as i am on at weird times. Any help info would be great on where to get current info or anything else that might help.

9. Alley Oop

FrostII, Anpu and Barugon like this.
  10. Lorddread

Lorddread Avatar

11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I took your advice on this, and was glad I did - the rogues and swashbucklers are definitely tougher but it's a fun fight!

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  12. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

So what happened to Eastreach Gap? The "Go to" control points nowadays seem to be Vertas Pass and Superstition Canyon.

Last night I was lucky enough to latch onto a group that spammed the barbarian/dragon scene in Ulfheim. It was a nice change of pace from standing there and killing elves and spiders all day, and holy cow that dragon drops a lot of treasure. I can solo most of the monsters in the outer edges (including the wyverns) but when I get past the pallisades, I can't survive 4 Bargatas (sp) firing arrows at me all at once, so I was grateful for the help.

I'm not sure this has been discussed, but the Naughty Brats in East Sanctus Forest seem to give a lot of gold, xp, rotting flesh and obsidian chips. And if it's ever slow you can pop over and kill a few grand old boars while waiting for them to respawn. I'll crunch the numbers when I get a chance.

Ysold likes this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Chris made ERG into an actual challenge, so nobody goes there anymore.

14. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Yes, I go there too to farm xp, or to train new skills. Works very well, just bring a stash of Focus potions :)

DalTXColtsFan and Anpu like this.
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@DalTXColtsFan
    Ulfheim ? or Ruins of Utheim ?
    To my knowledge, there are no dragons in Ulfheim ( only Wyverns ).

16. Alley Oop

the final fight is a named ancient white

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You're talking about the Ruins of Utheim, right @Anpu ?

18. Alley Oop

no. and i am not anpu.

Vesper and Anpu like this.
  19. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ulfheim has a big Barbarian "Raid the castle" event fight, where at the end a big White Dragon spawns in for a fight. This is the "New" Ulfheim, not the clone of Deep Ravenswood version which is now the Ruins of Utheim.

Anpu likes this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Oops, sorry about that @Alley Oop .
    So, you're saying that there are dragons in Ulfheim ?
    The Novia Ulfheim, right ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.