1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

DRAFT: Release 86 Notes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hail, Avatars! What a whopper of a release coming your way tomorrow :) Here's the link to the draft notes in case anyone has time to offer edit suggestions, but also please feel free to get a sneak peek into what's coming your way tomorrow. Hail, Avatars! What a whopper of a release coming your way tomorrow :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SFL85fRsqExADuC3502M2QObBr1rzJ2vE-XrO5ADyPo/edit?usp=sharing

I still have put in a LOT more info in the bottom sections, and the main article won't be available until tomorrow as well.

Thank you all -- happy adventures :)

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, I'm a little bummed that 2020 wasn't the year loot gets fixed, but this looks like a promising start for 2021 being the year loot gets fixed. Well done!

FrostII and Wilfred like this.
  3. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Looks like a great release! :)

A few typos:

As we continue to expand the free offerings of conversationalists to in the game, we hope players continue to enjoy the ever growing variety afforded to the conversation system. So many more conversationalists will be added in the future, so get your stories ready, Avatars!

Aortic Thrombus: The Aortic Thrombus have has been renamed to Entrails.

Ashen Heartwood: These items will now drop 50% more often from Reapers. Flesh Flayers and Red Thorn Flowers, which exist mostly in PvP scenes, will have also have equal chances to drop Ashen Heartwood. This change will help players obtain this item which has recently been added to more recipes.

And some suggested clarification: :)

A little bit of helium has been released from the white and gray goose decoration pets. They still have enough helium left to be light and fluffy, but they no longer have floating issues.

Also, please add a note encouraging players to vote in the 2021+ Player Priorities Poll.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Though I understand why, I am still very disheartened by this:
    • 2 Year Whiskey: NPC merchants will offer 30% less gold to purchase this item from players.

This pushed the ROI for whiskey brewing out a year if you buy your wood from a player, and makes it far less attractive to include player farmers in on your process since your profits get slashed.

But I understand that it was a very easy path for a solo wood harvester / farmer player to make a lot of money with no involvement in the player economy at all.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is this correct or is damage reduced only for targets that are moving perpendicular to the line of site?

FrostII likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this doesn't seem like a good idea right now unless the existing moontower has been disassembled and rebuilt to fix the embedded sound.

this is new tech! i know you can scale a deco item as it's being placed, but having that carry over to when an npc activates in its owner's presence is something else altogether! might be a neat thing to add to training dummies/targets and to children and child zombies.

edit: not working.

this is unclear: are all three coffins seperate craftable recipes? if only one is craftable, how are the other two obtained?

oh, was that fixed? it wasn't working when put in last month.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  7. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

This is why I had to remove mine from Dark Bayou, no one would come because of the noise and was told this by several players!

8. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Will Envy (Envy Angel) return?
    Last time it was R74, 12 releases ago

9. Elgarion

Ha, yes -- I hope it is! I'll be adding loot very routinely for sure. Will that added amount be enough for everyone? We'll see :p

Thanks for the suggestions, I might go with that helium joke, haha :p Sometimes bugs can be fun :p

Yes, definitely the gold on it was a bit excessive, so hopefully it's more in tune with effort invovled and other means to obtain gold.

I'm not sure, that'd be a good question for Chris on the stream so he can explain how it works. Ask let's see if he'll chat it up on Friday's stream.

Chris did fix sound on the Moontower. Hopefully the range has been reduced enough for people to like it more. If not, please let us know and maybe we can tweak the sound range back futher.

Also the coffins are craftable (using the corpses and other things), the corpses are looted. I'll clarify, thanks Alley :)

No worries, exeriment with it again, and maybe the sound will be more to your liking (range wise).

Well crap. I'll ask Sannio when it's turning on. Perhaps he already nailed it and I haven't gotten to that JIRA yet. Still lots of work to do!

Guys, thanks so much! I'll get these edits put in -- happy R86!

10. Elgarion

So are you saying it scales, but when you return to the item when the owner isn't there, the scaling is no longer present?

11. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Should be "even the biome"

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i don't know, i have not tested it, that was someone else's report. i'm saying i wouldn't expect it to work for active npcs (owner present) and i suspect it might not when the owner is not, since they still have ai for behavior.

13. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I'm about to update the report with more info but I'll put it here too. When I place the conversationalist (as lot owner) I am able to shrink it but then it disappears for a second and returns at normal size. It is still normal size when I log out and return to look at it BUT when I logged in as an alt account and looked at it I could see it as the small size I placed it at.

Alley Oop likes this.
  14. Elgarion

fixed, thanks!
    Not entirely sure. The scaling definitely works in editor. The owner present stuff is definitely an issue with some things, so perhaps when that is fixed, the scaling (if it doesn't work) will be fixed at the same time.

Well damn. Okay, I still want them to be able to be resized at some point, so it'll be on the radar :)

Thanks all! Moving to the announcements archive and starting the update spam.

Wilfred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.