Well of Aldur secrets !?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dyonisys, Feb 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Hey everyone !

Having a blast recently in Well of Aldur. On one of the plateform their is water elemental and your mana gets suck up so fast its purely impossible to fight.

We were running around trying to find if their was a way to remove this effect :

First attemps we remembered seeing different plate on wall we could break all over. First thoughs was : lets break em all! Maybe it will spawn something or remove the effect!?

So we search all plateform and break em all until we saw.... they are just respawning like they were there for no reasons...

Than we see some chimist set up where you can put couple of crystals cluster and in middle there is a cylinder with green liquid. So lets put cluster in all of em maybe it will do something!

So we farm cluster, put em in place, and after this we tried activate but said we coudnt. By looking at it i though maybe i need a special tool too be able to unlock the link from each cylinder so the energy can reach the middle green liquid. So we looked everywhere and killed a lot of zombie researchers. Even talked with everyone we could, search every corner but no hint and just.... no path....

By the way awesome zone ! Maybe i am just missing something !? Any hint anyone!?

If there is just no use of those feature please tell me you devs plan to make it happen so it makes this zone even better than it is already ! @Elgarion @Chris

And why does the big shrine on plateform just before the wyverns do not give any buff... or even debuff!? Could be link to one of the 2 puzzle we noticed in zone !?

Keep going dev game is heading in a way i think is epic!

Bjorn Dyonisys

Net and Elgarion like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Talk to professor at camp near the entrance, he gives you a few quests, one involves the chemistry set.

I don't think the plaques have a purpose yet. Or at least, nobody has discovered one and reported back.

Also, no clue about the focus drain platform. Too strong for me. Maybe somebody else has figured out the secret to fight there.

You didn't even mention the giant door...

But, I think much of what is here is for episode 2 story content, and will remain mysterious until that starts being added to the game.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That platform has water elementals, air elementals and lightning traps (maybe other traps too). There is definitely a way to turn off the focus drain effect as Chris said so on one of the livestreams. I think it's something on that platform itself. I am, at some point, going to go back in indestructible gear and run around like a headless chicken until I find the secret.

Net likes this.
  4. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

On the platform, the secret lies with the lightning. there is a dark spot showing before the lightning strikes. run to it and get hit by the lightning. you're going to get a debuff which will counter the focus drain. Some of those lightnings always hit at the same place.

Saesa, Net, Wilfred and 5 others like this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

as to the Plaques. if you look closely you will see when you break them different stones light up on other plaques. so I am thinking the key is the order in which you break them :)

Wilfred likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Interesting. I had noticed the lights, but I'd already broken some plaques by that point, and had seen different patterns (now clearly based on what I'd broken already) but assumed the lights were already lit, and just different on every plaque.

Too bad I don't feel like dying a hundred times trying to get to the ones in the mob infested platforms to figure it out. :(

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Net likes this.
  7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

To get a better look at the plaque, you can use the light spell and put the camera in first person view (default hot key is V). Then, if necessary, you can use the "sit" emote to make the plaque on "eye level" so you can get a straight-on view.

Also, each plaque has a different ring or combination of rings that are thicker (or bolder) than the others, and this determines which rounded stone (or dot) will light-up when the plaque is broken. For example, if the plaque has 2 bold rings on it, then breaking the plaque will light-up the dot within the area where the rings intersect (it lights up the dot on the remaining unbroken plaques).

Each of the 8 stones/dots lights-up a different color, and it seems the colors of the stones/dots are also the colors of the magic schools (not including chaos), which incidentally are also the colors of the 8 planets.

I am not sure how to decipher the solution from the rings/colors yet, but there are some things in the zone which hint at a possible solution using a color combination (which I have not tried yet).

There are other secrets in the zone...I may post about them when I can reproduce the method to reveal them :) Unfortunately, I am not on-line much recently.

Net, StarLord, Wilfred and 3 others like this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I really wish they didn't stick puzzles like this smack in the center of giant wave battles. Or at least if they do, also make stealth actually work well enough you could sneak around to try and solve them without being swarmed by orange mobs. I would like to at least make a solid attempt at trying to work it out for myself.

Tease. ;)

majoria70 likes this.
  9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think based on the zone tier the idea is that its suppose to be hard until you are in that level range. alternative you can run around and kite / smash :) just have to be quick about it. Not sure if chance of being seen in stealth is based on tier of mob. perhaps stealth is working as intended :)

Anpu likes this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

While I'm sure there are already people doing those wave battles solo, I think realistically, those areas are intended for groups. Which is fine, but solving complex puzzles in a group is not my idea of fun, because most of the time nobody else cares and just wants to run to the next fight, not back track around to see what colors light up when a certain plaque gets smashed. And even if they do care... well, I like the challenge of doing it myself.

I'm not saying I'm upset the devs aren't catering to me and my play style; just kinda bummed I won't get to enjoy a part of the game that looks really interesting.

Wilfred, majoria70, Xee and 2 others like this.
  11. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Thx for hints guys we will keep trying to find how everything works there i would just have love to get an answer from dev liks : keep searching theres is no bug and zone works as plan! So i dont get to search for something broken lollll

@Cora Cuz'avich i will had you as friend and try to invite you with us next time we go hunt there if you are online ! Maybe you will give it a try and see hows hunting in group can sometimes be fun (i also like solo but with good friends / people, it is always fun times!

Anpu and Sannio like this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'm not saying it isn't fun, it's just not always easy to find others who are more interested in solving puzzles than gaining loot/xp. That's what sucked about ESO dungeons- usually, people just farming for a particular drop, and had done the dungeon a hundred times already. But the dungeons were all cool little story driven zones. If you lagged too far behind because you had the audacity to stop and talk to NPCs, you'd get booted from the group.

Plus, I just like to do the puzzles on my own.
    Very true. And also why I'm not sure I want spend too much time on it right now; it may all be a big pile of nothing for the moment.

Anpu likes this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. Tried monkeying about a little. This is going to be tricksy.
    The plaques respawn. So it's going to be tough to see if something is happening because of something I did, or because a plaque respawned. For now, I'm going to presume that lights only turn off if their plaque respawns. Also, it looks like it will be very difficult for one person to activate all the plaques. (I'm presuming there's eight of them, because Ultima. I've found 6 for sure, and I believe I previously found one on each of the air elemental platforms. Unless there's also one on the wyvern platform, that would be 8 total.) If you opened up the door first, then went back to the beginning, you might be able to get all 8. Assuming the pattern doesn't matter. If they require a specific order to be activated, I'm not sure it could be done. I'm guessing that this puzzle was maybe intended to require a group. Hopefully, it is a side thing, and not part of the ep2 story; it'd be really irritating if main plot content required a group.

Chatele, Net and Wilfred like this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Colors seem to be linked to each plaque- that is, activating them in a different order doesn't seem to affect which color light up. Also thinking there may be 9 plaques? Destroying 8 of them lights up all 8 lights on the 9th. I need to go back home and get some store gear so I can make an attempt on the battle platforms without killing my good gear.

Also going to guess that just smashing all the plaques doesn't do anything, as I'm sure someone would have done that by now. Rinaldi is probably right, and the order matters. Or, if my hunch about 9 is right, which plaque gets fully lit at the end matters. The only reason I think that might be the case is the wall inside the door looks like it's also a door, and it feels like it makes sense if fully lighting the plaque there might open it. Though, those different raised rings on the plaques don't seem arbitrary, either.

Net and Wilfred like this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

[​IMG]

Color sequence is:

(R)
    O W (P)
    Y G Bl
    Bk

(Haven't yet lit up R and P, but based on the other colors and Ultima lore, those are probably the correct locations of those colors.)

AS for what plaques do what, here's what I've got so far. I chose the order with the idea that you could go from 1-8/9 without backtracking. So 1 is the plaque north of the professor's camp on the platform you need a cluster to get to. Plaque 2 is the one in the professor's camp. 3 is the one behind the "secret" door. 4 is the one by the aeronaut's tent. The rest are sequential from there by platform, so the next platform you can get to is 5, then 6, the Courtyard of Tempests is 7, Eye of the Moon is 8, and if there's one in Wyvern's Roost that'd be 9. The letters in parentheses indicate which of the circles on the plaque is raised- either Top, Left, or Right. (The one pictured above shows no raised circles.) Color is of course the color of light that lights up on all the other plaques when you smash it.

1 (---) Black
    2 (--R) Blue
    3 (TL-) Orange
    4 (-LR) Green
    5 (---) White
    6 (-L-) Yellow
    7 ???
    8 ???
    9 ???

Net, Anpu, Dyonisys and 2 others like this.
  16. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

No part of a main storyline will ever require a group in order to progress.

Net, Cordelayne, Wilfred and 2 others like this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, I was wrong, I can't find a plaque in the Courtyard of Tempests. So there are 8 that I can find. Number 7 is off to the side of the giant statue on the Eye of the Moon platform, and 8 is at Wyvern's Roost.

I was able to smash all of them- I think. It's hard to say, because once you smash the last one, you'd have to run all the way back to the beginning to see if they started respawning. At the least, 7 of 8 lights were lit up on th elast plaque when I smashed it. If anything is actually happening, the game doesn't let you know. I tried also doing it so the "hidden" plaque was the last one, but I was unable to ever make it back there in time before one of the lights had gone out. I suspect that this puzzle will probably require multiple people to solve, especially since it looks as though there may be a specific order in which they need to be activated.

Or, they're not yet connected to anything in game, and trying to solve the puzzle is as of right now meaningless.

Anyway, here's the final two plaques.

1 (---) Black
    2 (--R) Blue
    3 (TL-) Orange
    4 (-LR) Green
    5 (---) White
    6 (-L-) Yellow
    7 (T--) Red
    8 (T-R) Purple

Net, Saesa and majoria70 like this.
  18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Dang, thanks for stepping in, Sannio. And good to know; that's what I would have hoped. I'm glad my pessimism was baseless. ;)

So... can you at least tell us is there is something to find? Or have I spent the last few hours chasing my tail on quest content that is still under construction?

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think the raised rings are just a code for which color light turns on when you smash it. If the top circle is Courage (Red) the left circle is Love (Yellow) and the right circle is Truth (Blue) then the raised circles will tell you which color lights. So, plaque 2 has only the right circle (blue) raised, and it lights up the blue light. Plaque 8 has the top (red) and right (blue) circles raised, and smashing it turns on the purple (red+blue) light.

Interesting that both black and white have no raised circles. I would have thought black would be no circles, and white would be all 3. Mistake, maybe? @Sannio?

Net likes this.
  20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So, I went back to double check the "white" plaque in case Maybe I mistook all three rings being at the same level as them not being raised, and I saw this. it has this knobby thing in the center now (over the light that would light up white) which I hadn't noticed before. Hmm...

[​IMG]

Gonna check the others...

Net and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.