Artefact guide?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ysold, Feb 14, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi folks,

My artefact chest is steadily filling up. So far I don't have a clue yet what to do with them., mainly because many of them don't feel so great at all. So, is someone working on an Artefact guide? I'm looking for tips like:
    - Which ones are good for scrapping?
    - Which ones are good to keep and combine to a rarer version?
    - Which ones are components for something really nice?
    - Which ones don't look that great at first sight, but are actually more useful than I might think?

For instance - today I got an Ancient 2-H sword artefact. I couldn't see anything special about it. Checking the wiki I found that it gives double damage to elves. That sounds nice, but how useful is it going to be in actual playing the game? I would be inclined to scrap it, but I would be very sorry if that later proves to be a mistake.

Thanks for your tips,
    Ysold.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you were playing in a higher level area with elves (like the rise) then it might be pretty good.

I salvaged a bunch of extra common gaia's hearts that I got while searching for suutak's blusters in order to get ancient essence to make shrines of attunement.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Gaia's Hearts = Essences

Barugon likes this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think I never managed to sell any of those Ancient Two Handed Swords or Swords of Speed. I'm almost deciding to salvage all my artifact swords.

Barugon likes this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    For artifacts I usually check out This page on the WIKI https://sotawiki.net/sota/Category:Artifacts.
    It does not have all the stats for all the versions of the artifacts but when it is there it is a great help with deciding if the next level is worth making.

Aldo and FBohler like this.
  6. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

I eventually plan to make an earth/moon mage...I guess the Aether Orbs are the best choice, but i'm hoping there is a 1handed focus item with moon attunement. The shard of night doesnt qualify as a focus boost. Anyone have any thoughts? Should the Staff of Xen be a consideration? I know its 2 handed...but i'm trying to max Earth and Moon with those 2 slots? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Marvell Shockwave

7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Don't go scraping them just yet :) with up coming crafting changes artifacts will give stuff from salvage beyond essence's in the near future.

Ysold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.