When RNG dont like you

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Spinok, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

[​IMG]
    My smelting is 147.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

The exceptional of the lesser items really should boost the chance of the crafting an exceptional when combined.

King Robert, Xee, Wilfred and 2 others like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Could someone explain why we have RNG at all - and not use SKILL LEVEL PERIOD ?
    If you've busted your butt to get the xp's needed for a skill level over a period of months/years, then should that not be sufficient on it's own ?

Net, kaeshiva, Wilfred and 1 other person like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How would you implement this? Just get more durability the higher your skill is?

5. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I think it is the best option to solve some rng issues.

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Personally, I'd set the minimum level to get exceptional. If your skill is higher than that, and you successfully create the item, display a prompt that says "would you like to add two <fuel> to make this exceptional" with a short countdown to accept or it cancels automatically and creates a normal item. If you want to make exceptional gear, a small gold sink and paying attention is the least you can do.

Violet Ronso, Anpu and Barugon like this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I don't get what you are talking about. Are you combining lots of high durability rares and getting low durability legendary or high durability uncommon and get a rare low durability? The pic does not illustrate what it is that is the problem. Am I missing something? I wanted to see if combining three high durability items with one low durability item results always in a low durability result.

8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

With 147 smelting he made 3 epic warlock chains and none were exceptional. If you don't see a problem there, I don't know what to tell you.

It just completely sucks that at 147 smelting, you are left with essentially crap after making 3 epic. Legendary and epic should have their exceptional chance turned way up, or just always come out exceptional. They should just start at 130 in this case, and an exceptional could bump it to 150.

Nothing about the way this is set up is fun. It's demoralizing and things of this nature cause players to quit the game or take time off.

King Robert, FrostII, Spinok and 2 others like this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Ah. I was just curious if all the attempts were failures when combining 4 rare exceptional vs some combination of rare exceptional and rare non-exceptional.

10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

In my experience it doesn't seem like it has any effect on the outcome whether or not it's exceptional before you combine. That would be cool if it did though.

Wilfred and Aldo like this.
  11. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Sounds like a plan.
    This would actually make it useful to level basic crafting skills.

12. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I was wondering that today...I combined 4 Exceptional and got an Exceptional...something I kind of expected...I then combined an exceptional with 3 "normals" I was figuring I would have a slightly better chance to get an exceptional because of that one.

Guess I was thinking...normal if all are not exceptional and additional bonus for each exceptional with a 100% chance for an exceptional if I used all 4 exceptionals?

Is this not the case?

FBohler and Aldo like this.
  13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think with the last round of adjustments to crafting its much better than it was. I seem to get a lot more exceptional but yeah with artifact combines its a gambling system lol.

Wilfred likes this.
  14. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

It was few days before the patch, not ragequiting or smth like this, I think I lost few millions just because didn't wait few days. Will do another craft for 4 epic warlocks in 2-3 months. But yes usual casual player could be pretty disappointed with it.
    P.S. And yes I pretty sure that - making leg/epic one should give a bunch of XP especially when we talk about expensive arts.
    P.S.S. I think that if you grade up only exceptionals (like 4 rare +1 or 2 leg +1) you should have 100% chance for an exceptional one.

FBohler, Adam Crow, Net and 2 others like this.
  15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Two of the biggest longstanding frustrations/gripes with the crafting system in general is the lack of significance in levelling skills due to poor increase in effectiveness, and the horrible, punishing rng. Seems a no brainer to solve both those problems with 1 stone - making skill mitigate rng. You could put up with it when you were only wasting a few hundred thousand gold in materials to get a single usable item, (well, some of us could....a lot of crafters have 'moved on') - but when you're talking combines that cost more to fail than the amount of gold you can grind in months, something is fundamentally wrong.

FBohler, Xee, King Robert and 4 others like this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Last release contained a little of that. Not the be-all end-all fix we might want, but with skills high enough, prosperity tools, rings, etc. you can hit 50% chance on exceptionals, and my success chance for Enchants/MWs is now 100% for the first one, and 52% for the third one. (Can't recall off hand what the second was, and I think fourth was like 15-18% or something.)

Not a massive improvement, but my base skills are only 120, and my MW skills are only at GM. It might be only a baby step, but at least it's in the right direction.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    FBohler, Elgarion, Xee and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.