What exactly IS a Tier 5 harvestable node?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anpu, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

While playing shroud of the avatar, players and developers use a term called Tier X node. You will also notice different nodes from various resources that will have varying amounts of Success Chance. And each of these will give a different amount of Crafting XP when you harvest them. And this will be different in many of the various scenes.

The actual answer to "What exactly IS a Tier 5 harvestable node?" is we don't know. From a Player Facing perspective, we don't actually know.

There is however something you can observe, that will however be different for every single person playing the game: The Success Chance when harvesting various nodes.

Depending on your level of the base harvesting skill, this success chance value will change, and be completely different for each and every single person playing the game.

But there is a sort of baseline set of values you can observe, as a player. If you specifically have all of the base harvesting skills specifically at a level of 100, you then can start to see a pattern emerge.

What you will see are various harvesting nodes with the following success chance values: 100%, 99%, 97%, 96% and 93%.

You will also receive different amount of Crafting XP for each different one.

Harvesting ore nodes in in tier 1/2/3/4/5 scenes you will see the following, and this is my guess at what each tier ore node is:

Tier 1 node = 100% Success Chance - 200 XP
    Tier 2 node = 99% Success Chance - 400 XP
    Tier 3 node = 97% Success Chance - 800 XP
    Tier 4 node = 96% Success Chance - 2,000 XP
    Tier 5 node = 93% Success Chance - 5,000 XP

And here is what you will see, every time, when you engage in Overland Map encounters, and happen upon a Plains Encounter (these are Tier 3+ scenes):

Gold Veins 3 100%, 0 99%, 3 93%
    Copper Veins 2 100%, 0 99%, 0 93%
    Garlic 6 100%, 0 99%, 0 93%
    Pine Tree 0 100%, 2 99%, 0 93%
    Maple Tree 0 100%, 2 99%, 0 93%
    Cotton Plant 0 100%, 2 99%, 0 93%

Again, all of the numbers stated above are ONLY if you have all of the base harvesting skills specifically set to 100.

So this is basically my best guess when wondering what exactly each of the different tier nodes are. But again, I don't actually know for sure. Hopefully this might be a bit informative for everyone!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  2. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Have you been to Tartarus?

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

From my understanding, those are higher tier nodes there. This discussion is specifically about a Tier 5 node, and what that actually is. We still don’t even know what that is.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

One more than a tier 4, one less than a tier 6.

Next question.

FBohler and Anpu like this.
  5. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

What about XP gain? I thought it was a function of the Tier value for the node. I.e., (currently) tier*1000 producer XP.

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thanks! That's the part I was missing, and I updated the post. I visited specifically Tier 1/2/3/4/5 scenes and mined ore, and from the Crafting (Producer) xp I received, the pattern I can guess when determining a ore nodes tier level then is (this is a regular non critical or meticulous harvest of the ore node):

200 xp - Tier 1
    400 xp - Tier 2
    800 xp - Tier 3
    2,000 xp - Tier 4
    5,000 xp Tier 5

Of note this is only specifically Ore nodes. Trees and Cotton Bushes also seem to follow this xp progression as well.

Garlic, Mandrake Root, Black Pearls, Nightshade are always Tier 1 Nodes (200 XP) regardless of the Tier level.
    Crystal Nodes are Small Crystal = 300 xp, Medium Crystal = 500 xp and Large Crystal are 1,000 xp. They are all set to these xp values, regardless of the tier of the scene.

Wilfred and Gravidy like this.
  7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Did they fix/change the garlic in Well of Aldur? Those were like, 18% chance, and gave like 15k xp.

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I think they are still evaluating that? That then would however be the only scene in the entire game (?) with a Garlic node that isn’t the 200 xp ones that are currently in every scene.

9. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

If you have been to the breach the same thing is in that. Maybe we can call it T7 nodes.

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

How much xp does it give?

11. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

It gives 15k XP. I have high mining skill and I only have 18% chance on every node. It's been this way since Breach was created.

Maybe Chris added this because of the Mining Canyon he was going to create.

Anpu likes this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It used to be directly related to the difficulty of the scene. So harvesting a node in a Tier 5 scene means you were harvesting a Tier 5 node. That isn't really the same now, with different node values in a tier. How we can tell what is what, other than the change in xp, is hard to tell. They could easily add this information to the harvest circle we have to watch while we attempt to gather it...

Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't recall. I remember it being a lot. You can test it yourself, there's an 18% chance cotton node right inside the default entrance, and at least one 13% garlic node in the professor's area, down by his planters. Neither of these places require going anywhere near mobs. There's some mandrake too, but I don't think anywhere near the entrance.

Anpu likes this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah I went to the entrance to have a look around and did see that one garlic node, but it’s only 13% chance for me if I recall (foraging base skill at 100). I tried several times but couldn’t harvest it, obviously....

15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

FYI there are also "Tier 0" nodes, kill a Doe and skin it.

Anyhow, back in the early days, garlic/nightshade/mandrake nodes were almost always T1 even in T5 scenes, but cotton, wood, and ores were almost always the scene tier up to T5. Higher tier garlic is a relatively recent thing.

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That's how it is currently in all tier 1 to 5 scenes...

That's how it is currently in all tier 1 to 5 scenes...

Yes that is now new, as are higher tier Mandrake Root nodes as well (Tanglemire Tier 10 Scene).

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I finally HAVE the actual answer for this question, and wanted to at least share it with you (and hopefully explain something).

In Avatars Update 380, The Tier 4, 5 and 6 tier nodes xp values were changed:

Tier 4 Nodes: Increased from 600 to 1,000 per node
    Tier 5 Nodes: Increased from 1,000 to 2,500 per node
    Tier 6 Nodes: Increased from 2,000 to 5,000 per node

I now have my answer: A tier 5 node is a resource node, when harvested, gives you 2,500 crafting xp.

Now you might be thinking What in the hell Anpu! Are you on drugs? Every time I run around say the Elysian Mines or Etceter Craig Mines, I am most definitely getting 5,000 crafting xp per node.

And you are getting 5,000 xp. That's because you are getting 2x 2,500 crafting xp from the ore nodes there. I forget the exact release, but it was determined to put on a permanent 2x xp on the game. So all crafting and adventure xp you receive are actually xp that is getting doubled.

This may or may not be something you are aware of. But hopefully this might help explain how at least the various harvesting nodes you may harvest and what that xp value it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.