DRAFT: Release 87 Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elgarion, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

2. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Nice! :)

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'm not sure I understand this? For one, if the max is 50%, the second statement should be edited to refelct the max is 50%. Or does "100%" mean "all of the 50% max?"

For two, if the max is 50%, how does it go higher when your skills are over 100?

Elgarion and Lazarus Long like this.
  4. thradia

thradia Avatar

You misspelled my name :p lol

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  5. ArdRhi

ArdRhi Avatar

Amanita's Adventures remind me of a webcomic I did some years ago using Second Life. Kudos to her for creating a comic using SotA!

6. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I scanned the food spreadsheet and the food description in this version of the player guide and found a disturbing trend. It appears that food will no longer give regen buffs to health and focus, but will just give flat health or focus bonus. This will increase the avatars max health or focus, but when in combat, will not regenerate any faster. Is this right? Is this intentional? If so, why is this change necessary? I liked the foods and blessings most that give regen to health and focus. I am of the mind that this makes me live longer in a heated battle that never ends, like most of the new level 15+ instance areas.

7. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I would like to contribute to the bug testing in QA. But, I look for the latest QA testing directives and only find posts from December 2020. Surely there are some more recent test directives for QA? Where are they located?

I went here to check for new test directives and only found the ones from December 2020.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/player-test-environment-qa-server.2390/

Also, the last time I went to QA a week or two ago, the version of sota in there was a month old. Was I just a day late and a dollar short, or is QA that far behind the current release cycle?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...qa-still-has-bugs-fixed-two-weeks-ago.167266/

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It still gives regen. That's what the H/F/Com H/Com F columns are. The +H and +F columns are flat bonuses, with most foods giving the flat bonus on top of the regen.

9. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

@Elgarion I am absolutely appalled that you would choose to name one of the new foods Sharkfin Soup. It's disgusting. I suggest you do some research on the barbaric practices related to how Sharkfins are collected. Many sharks are caught, have their fins chopped off and are then thrown back into the ocean to drown via a slow agonizing death. I implore you to have a little more sensitivity towards the plight of these creatures.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  10. Lained

Lained Avatar

Here in Novia none of the shark is gone to waste, we have seared shark steak.

11. Elgarion

I'll try to flesh it out a bit.
    Hmmm, I'll try find where it is misspelled.
    Right? She's done a really good job with those. :)
    A vast number of the foods received increased regen actually. I'm not sure if you're missing something while looking at the spreadsheet. But no worries, all food will have regen unless its a crafting or utility food or brewing, in which case they each have unique special purposes. There's also regen specific food that provides even EXTRA regen bonuses now. I think you'll be happy with regen if that's a concept you've enjoyed.
    Apologies, but the developer (Ravalox) running that program has been really tied up lately due to a traumatic event in his life, then he had a double whammy and got caught up in the recent Texas storm stuff. He'll be back in action before too long.
    Excactly. :) Thanks for chiming in :)
    Hmmm, I'm appalled too. I'll change it to another shark related food name. Keep in mind, this soup is not yet in-game, and the name came from a partially designed pre-existing asset that was never released. Perhaps this is why that was the case. I've seen those videos too, not sure why I didn't make the connection. Apologies. My intentions were not to be appalling.
    Ah no worries. It's a simple name change, only takes a few additional seconds when I get to that recipe. Suggestions for shark related food names are welcome ;)

Browncoat Jayson, StarLife and Anpu like this.
  12. Elgarion

Thanks for the input folks, I'll do another edit pass and get this published soon :)

Wilfred, StarLife, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  13. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

@Elgarion. Thank you. Perhaps shark fritters

14. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I'd argue it's actually more humane that we have recipes that use more of the animal's pieces. But ya, it is just a name change and people can RP whatever they want as garnishes. I've had some amazing mako shark steaks in my life, but I don't want to suggest another steak recipe. So how about something that uses some of the underutilized ingredients as well?

SHARK WITH TOMATOES
    • 1 shark fillets
    • 1 sack of flour
    • 1 jar of oil
    • 1 garlic
    • 2 pecans (sub for pine nuts)
    • 1 white wine
    • 4 tomatoes
    • 1 pepper

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Elgarion and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Looks like a good recipe. I'd like to do something regional:

SOLANIAN POBOY
    • (1) Bowl of Ardoris Coleslaw
    • (3) Shark Fillets
    • (3) Garlic Cheese Bread
    That would make something like 12 poboys, with existing foods and "feed the village" fillets to make another meal out of "leftovers".

Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  16. Elgarion

Keep them coming, I'll be diving into the new recipes either next week or the week after in prep for R88 :)

Wilfred and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  17. Elgarion

Be sure to post these in the food thread though, just realized you put them in a different thread.

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.