611 PC - Great Gormandizing Gustation

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Sorgin Txakal, Jan 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

611-612 PC GREAT GORMANDIZING GUSTATION
    [​IMG]

LAMP Guild is sponsoring the 611 PC Great Gormandizing Gustation brought to you by The Mad Chef of Xenos. The event is simple: many vendors, chefs, and dragon slayers in the world have an abundance of Dragon Stew and it is currently the cheapest food to acquire. So it is proposed that we eat it to excess!

There is only one way to win:
    • Whoever's name is on the 30-Day Leaderboard for Most Dragon Stews Consumed as of 21:00 PST on March 1st 2021 wins 1,000 COTOs
      • Buy at LAMP Guild Vendors
      • Buy from The Mad Chef of Xenos
      • Buy from other vendors
      • Buy from Auctions
      • Cook it yourself
      • It doesn't matter, just gorge yourself!
    So now, Novia, with an open heart and empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my cousin:

Allez cuisine!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  2. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Day 1 off to a strong start. Hazard pulled ahead, but can the pace be kept up over the next month?

[​IMG]

Sonja, Hazard, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

500 Dragon Stews will be up for auction in Beran's Reach this Sunday with no minimum bid - maybe enough to win, certainly enough to take a strong lead when eaten!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Sonja and Elgarion like this.
  4. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Last weekend to gorge yourselves! Leaderboards haven't updated for a week, but Elgarion said the data is still being collected and he can let me know who the winner is.

As a final finale I am distributing 750 significantly marked down dragon stews in public vendors in NPC towns throughout the game starting right now and going all weekend!

29 gold per stew! Eat away!

6. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Due to a clerical error, Dragon Stews are being listed in Public Vendors across NPC Cities at 19 gold each!

Prices may go even lower throughout the weekend!

Eat well my friends!

Sonja, Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  7. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Reports of random wandering chef encounters are increasing throughout Novia.

Dragon stews are populating public vendors throughout the whole world at an alarming rate

Sonja, Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  8. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Hey @Elgarion or @Laney,

Would it be possible for one of you two to please run a query against Dragon Stews consumed over the past 30 days?

Just want the data that would normally be available on the Leaderboard: Total stews consumed & top consumer.

Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
  9. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

hi Sorgin. It just so happens I am working on a leaderboard system to query PvE kills in the log data. I don't see a way in the event data to tie player to consumption to get who the top consumer would be. I tried a few things to see if I could associate the item consumed to the consumption event logged to the player but just couldn't get something that works. I did query for total consumed from 2/1 midnight to 3/1 midnight and it appears the total consumed was: 8146

Of course that is if I am querying correctly :) I am still figuring out the data.

EDIT: pretty sure crafting and consumption has no player data tied to the information. it's probably this way on purpose for some reason. they must have a larger data set or alternate data in order to get top consumer data.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Sonja and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  10. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Sure I can take a peek. From what day/time to what day/time CT?

11. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

@Elgarion , is that information in the public elasticsearch database or somewhere else? dug and dug and dug and could not find a way to tie consumption of a specific item to a specific player in the public elasticsearch.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Elgarion likes this.
  12. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Thank you!

Essentially what I am looking for is whoever would have been on the leaderboard for 30 days as of 23:00 CT on March 1st 2021

Not sure what time the leaderboard normally updates and how much of March 1st would be normally included.

But essentially looking for the data from January 31st - March 1st as a rolling 30 day period.

Elgarion likes this.
  13. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Sorry, no idea. It'd be a good question for one of the API knowledgeable players. Maybe @Titania Xylia or @that_shawn_guy could help.

Sorry, I was hoping I was going to be able to pull this for you, but looks like the amount of data is causing complications at my end. My results will not be reliable as I'd have to splice it all together from small searches, and the time taken will get silly at that point. :( Not to mention, I'd have no idea which of these players has hidden their names from the API, in which case I should not be sharing their character names. Again, apologies :( Hopefully as time passes, we can make the leaderboards more consistently reliable.

Anpu and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  14. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I understand.

Well, it was a good test run on the contest idea based on the Leaderboard. Might be a good thing for the new UI person to tackle is Leaderboard stability and possibly expanded functionality.

Thanks for trying.

Elgarion, Anpu and Hazard like this.
  15. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

Thanks to inspiration from Darkstarr re: eating contest [e.g. comments on his last stream] I recovered from the minor gorge at the head of the month, collected up several vendors worth of very gamey stew and went ham the night before the food update publish. I think there was somewhere between 2500-4500 consumed that evening alongside 200-300 25 year-whiskeys to wash them down. I did it from a hot air balloon, so you can imagine the mess. That spot in Brit Alleys will never be the same.

I'm not looking for a reward, but just wanted to share my gluttonous experience. I still have several thousand to go [doubt I made much of a dent in circulating supply] but it might take some time for recovery.

Thanks for the unique event. It's fun to see things outside the norm.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Elgarion, Anpu and Sorgin Txakal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.