Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. I don't recall the slime poison being that much. And if it is, I suspect it's an error, like how they just realized imbued restoration potions were set a tier higher for xp than they were supposed to be.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Either way, if you're after producer xp, Anpu is right- nothing beats harvesting. You can get upwards of 2 million an hour that way.

Elwyn and Anpu like this.
  3. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Are you sure you're not exaggerating? I harvested 130 pieces of ore in 1 hour from Spectral Mines and I think I only got half a mil producer XP. How is it possible to actually quadruple that?

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Having a high Meticulous Collection - Mining skill + Obsidian potion of Precision + 25 Year Whiskey + BMC Ring Epic.

Elwyn likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I can barely get to 2M if I really really try, others hit 2.5. Mainly in Elysium, though I can do pretty well in Lamech's Bazaar, because I have a lot of speed in my build.

For Elysium:

1. High gathering skill. Not sure where the cutoff is now with recent changes, but you want the skill high enough to get 100% chance on nodes. Mine's at 120, but I think you only need high 90s to get there. High skill also gives higher chance for critical, which speed things up.
    2. High Meticulous skill. Mine's also at 120, but I know others who have it way higher.
    3. Obsidian Potion of Precision, gives bonus to meticulous chance.
    4. 2 Year Whiskey, gives bonus to gathering speed.
    5. 25 Year Whiskey, bonus to meticulous chance.
    6. Prosperity Pickaxe, bonuses to mining skills. (Or engraved pickaxe, too.)
    7. Know your route. Elysium is pretty easy to figure out. I can post a route map later, when I'm on a PC, unless somebody else beats me to it.
    8. Speed buffs, you want to get from node to node as fast as you can.
    9. (Optional) Gauntlets of Lead, bonus to mining time. (I don't use these, they have a negative jump bonus, and there's a few spots you need to jump some barricades to run an effective route. You can use a Ring of Frogkin to counter it somewhat. YMMV.
    10. Ring of Frogkin. (Or Cuttlekin, both give a bonus to jump strength.) I use it even though I don't use the Gauntlets, because I like being Mario. Sone people use Blink instead, but I've personally never gotten that to work. But I wear a froggy ring anyway, so that's what I go with.
    11. Ignore medium and small crystal nodes. They give very little xp. The large ones don't give a lot either, but they're not a total waste.
    12. When you complete a trip, exit and re-enter to respawn ore nodes. You may not have to do that early on, it mainly depends on how quickly you get through the mine. If you're a bit slower, the nodes will probably be respawning already when you get back to the start, so you won't have to exit the mine.
    13. PROFIT!

And I'm far from the best at this, I'm sure I'm missing stuff. (Glepo gets 2.5M without trying too hard.) Personally, though, I prefer to run Lamech's, because I have a very fast build, so I can make a circuit pretty speedily, and the place takes just long enough the nodes will be respawning by the time I complete a circuit. If i feel like it, i can do it on hard mode and get some adventurer xp along the way. I've managed to squeeze just shy of 2M producer xp an hour there, but only when I'm really concentrating on it, and froggy-ringing over obstacles precisely. If I just go leisurely when I'm bored, I'll get around 1.7-1.8M. Plus beetles, since I'm hoarding those up to make new armor when crafting changes start happening, hopefully R89.

Slightly different stuff for Lamech's, mainly, Also harvest wheat beer, and... Crap, I forget.

Also, be aware the whiskey gives you a crazy drunk effect that makes it hard to do much of anything. That goes away after five minutes. Drink up, go to the bathroom, grab a soda, etc. until it passes.

Elwyn and Wilfred like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The drunk effect for using that makes the item completely useless. Because you have to wait 5 minutes before doing anything. So I just stopped buying them.

Elgarion likes this.
  7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'll get those down to 15 seconds for the crafted ones, and the alcohol on NPC merchants will retain it in case people want to have fun and tipsy. On the to-do list, but not sure if I'll get it done before R88. R89 def or a mid release patch maybe.

Lained, Wilfred, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

What's hard mode?

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Some episode 2 scenes have different difficulties. If you come upon a scene that has a name with something like [Hard] or [Normal] in the name, you can right click on the entrance and select the difficulty. In some cases, once you're in the scene, there's a wagon near the default entrance that allows you to change difficulty. (That might just be Lamech's Bazaar. I think maybe Myrkur has a boat or something that does the same thing, I can't remember off the top of my head.) I think the main Exception is SpindelSkog; there, you can only enter the normal scene. There is a teleporter hidden in the scene that will bring you to the Hard version. The Hard version has a teleporter in in that will take you to the Extreme version.

Currently, harder version have tougher mobs, and give better experience. Sadly, though, loot is currently the same across all scenes.

10. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

61. I think Alley Oop mentioned a few months ago that gear wear is bugged on tridents. Thinking about buying a trident so would like to know if there are any reasons not to.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Tridents do three attacks of 1/3 damage for each target, so it probably takes 3x the wear that normal polearms take. It looks like they added a +66% Weapon Durability Effectiveness property to make up for it.

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  12. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

These aren't random questions, they're random whines:

1. Nerfing Black Cutworm and Hemlock Borer?!?!?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    2. Take the Darkstarr Destroyers out of Northwest Blackblade Mountains. They're several orders of magnitude tougher than the Darkstarr Corpions, Satyrs and Young Yellow Dragons. If they were avoidable (like the Yellow Dragons) it would be one thing but when I'm trying to farm Corpion Claws for Potions of Deftness those stupid Darkstarr Destroyers against whom I have no hope are just insurmountable obstacles.

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

what do you mean nerfing? those never did ANYthing until now.

Elwyn likes this.
  14. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

I'm getting my corpion drops mostly in Wynton's Folly (Hidden Vale).

Anpu likes this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Not quite sure what you mean? You should be finding them more often now. And now these are used for food, finally. Granted they still use the bark icon..... which still looks odd...

Hemlock Borer now has lowered gold value, but now drops from T1 through T4 pine trees, and T8 and above nodes have increased drop chances for this item.
    Emerald Ash Borers now have lowered gold value, but have been added to loot tables for T1 to T4 maple trees and increased drop rates from high tier maple trees.
    Black Cutworm now has lowered gold value, but increased drop rates from Cotton Bushes, with higher drops present on high tier nodes.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=128465

16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Trident also have a Push/Pull damage bonus, and these two skills are very good (IMO). The reason is that these two skills offer some damage without affecting CC resistance, but the push skill can sometimes knock mobs to their knees (especially trolls), meanwhile pull makes sure those annoying archers stay in range. Both skills allow you to position mobs into AoEs or other things like this when you cast them or play in a group.

Also, the Artifact version, the Daemon Trident, is the best main hand version of spears/tridents, and will offer you the best damage output possible, if you ever manage to get your hands on several copies of this, upgrading it will be a great thing!

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I would guess nerfing refers to the value, since selling them was all you could do with them until this release.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wynton's Folly and Sequanna Colossus are good sources for this.

Tirrag and Anpu like this.
  19. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I'll have to disagree in this one, having the Destroyers nearby the dragon nest is great in that scene. Even for those who can't solo dragons and Destroyers, it's a great group scene.

Tirrag likes this.
  20. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Yes, nerfing referred to the sale value. I was always happy when I got those in addition to cotton or wood because it was like a free gold bonus. I didn't know they're actually used in recipes now, I'll have to look more into that.

I like Wynton's Folly for Corpion harvesting but the reason I like NW Blackblade better is you get the darkstarr corpions in addition to the huge corpions which are worth more XP and therefore a more productive use of time. Haven't checked Sequanna Colussus in quite some time.

I will concede the point that groups need challenges like the Darkstarr Destroyers and Yellow Dragons to make grouping more fun, so I digress.

FBohler and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.