Movement Speed Feedback

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Echondas, Mar 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I tested movement speed on my character last night on my slow laptop and then today on my fast desktop. I am a light armor user and have appropriate light armor skills leveled up (Swiftness & Acrobatics). Based on my playstyle, I did not notice any big difference to movement speed. I also tested on a brand new character in Solace Bridge outskirts and didn't see or feel anything major with movement speed.

I think? there is an innate movement speed modifier that isn't shown on the armor stats - since wearing heavy armor has always "felt" slower to me than light armor, even prior to this change?

Perhaps this is why I didn't feel like this change to movement speed was noticeable, and impacting me as a light armor user much.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Not just due to losing the Swiftness/Acrobatics bonuses when wearing heavy?

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fair point - i will need to compare that!

- I compared, @Cora Cuz'avich is correct .. I think I was just used to losing Swiftness/Acrobatics. I tested on a new character, equipped heavy armor and compared to light. no difference.. Good Catch.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    Net and Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin like this.
  4. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Just finished running around the Rise and didn't notice any differences. I do wear heavy and fight with a pet and 2 hand polearm.

5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I definitely noticed the difference, but I don't really feel it will effect anything in game besides PVP and troll dungeon rooms. Most scenes in game are not big enough to where the speed decrease makes any difference.

What I will be interested to see if the gap in speed now between players in light armor and heavy will be more pronounced, and will give players in light armor a means of escaping combat by dropping their weapon and scooting.

Hopefully when they re-look at how bard instruments can be equipped and unequipped more effectively, it will also correspond with a review of the current lag/misfires of stowing/brandishing weapons that currently exist.

6. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

I am an archer with A LOT of points into movement for kiting I do notice a difference, I would have voted but I don't use twitter and for some reason twitter is their go to platform for voting when not all use it. I think the new speed changes are not good. The only people they will affect is archers and mages who rely heavily on kiting.

Hopefully they are reading this since I DO NOT have twitter..... my vote is do not change speed.... if its a pvp thing then just change it for pvp. but if your going to hurt kiters then reduce teleport/blink and dash/charge/sneak attack distance so mages and archers have a chance at keeping distance in pvp

kaeshiva and FrostII like this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Amen brother !

kaeshiva likes this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Chris said in his twitter feed: "move speed is really about convenience but by giving players that convenience we've made combat too chaotic. I believe this will leave the convenience aspect and decrease the insanity during combat for PVE and PVP."

I'd love to hear some examples of how player move speed made combat "too chaotic" or "insane" in PVE !
    How on earth does my movement speed make MOB combat "too chaotic" ?

This is all about quick movement in PVP because some PVP'r who has Chris's ear whined about it and now we get these "speed issues" that HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH PVE and yet PVE has to suffer because Port refuses to separate the two.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    Krovakin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.