Green water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Mar 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Y'all can just leave it in Mystic Isle `cause it dope.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I honestly like this change. On the overland, the water actually looks better. Not the obvious VERY GREEN but it makes me wonder if some green tint was added to the existing waters it might actually make them look better.

Barugon and Net like this.
  3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

One thing as a possible suggestion would be to link water color change to the water type changing statues. That way you can spot check the water in a PoT to see if it is the right type and not have to potentially search for the statue or lack of a statue. Such as green for salt water, brown for fetid, and blue for fresh.

4. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I dunno. I think it's a little bit TOO green for my taste. Maybe too bright (at least in our POT). but very cool for celebrating the earthly holiday!

5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I thought the water before this change was fantastic, at least for scenes where it was active (like the fishing expedition). But like anything else you like in life, you can't have it. I yearn for a real hamburger. You young folks have no memory of a juicy delicious hamburger. Now it is all fat free and tastes like shoe leather. Reminds me of when I had my first children. I was working all the time and could not afford a place of my own so we lived on grocery store stuff. We bought produce at the market and my kids got used to that fare. Later when I got my own place, I planted fruit trees. When the first crop of peaches finally got ripe, my son was about 9 years old. With great anticipation I harvested a juicy ripe peach and gave him one. He took a bite and quickly spit it out saying it was spoiled. He had gotten so used to crispy market peaches, he never appreciated a fresh normal peach even to this day 50 years later. My point concerning the OP is that perhaps the green water is less costly performance wise. Thus it will eventually become so normal that people will not ever know what the good thing looks like. The sickly green will be the new normal for water.

FBohler likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it wasn't a performance change. it's exactly the same performance. it's technically the same water, they just turned it green for st. patrick's day.

Aldo and Anpu like this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Well thanks for that! Getting a little jaded in my old age. Hate that.

Barugon, FBohler and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Punny ;)

Aldo likes this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Wish it was intentional. Good catch and thanks.

Elgarion likes this.
  10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I love this color over the previous lol. would love to keep it as well in Silverdale hehe. can't wait for items allowing us that flexibility.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.