Crafting Enchanting Gems Alchemy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Nov 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sometimes we get Helpful Anpu, sometimes we get Figure It Out Yourself Anpu.

TBH, I only mentioned him because I figured he'd jump in and correct me if I actually answered the question.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Anpu and Barugon like this.
  2. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I hear there's a good daily quest there too - I'll check it out.

FBohler likes this.
  3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Some of this is "discover-able", when you get 1 recipe that says "metal" sheet(or metal blade), any metal will do and you have discovered a new recipe, just use iron or copper to create the sheet and a new recipe will be placed in your book...

#1 Yes, you can enchant multiple time, but each gets increasingly difficult and breakage could accrue( durability is reduced until the item is worthless)...
    #1.1 see #1
    #2 There is a skill in the smelting tree that increases "batch" count to 50 as your skill goes up...

Hope this helps and I didn't repeat anything already stated...

Back to gems/fragments in alchemy, to get to 10 is easy, just do any alchemy 10 times and your at 10, it will still be easy until 20, then you start to crawl...

4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Keep in mind: Halberds are 2 hand weapons and you can socket 2 gems to them, but since you already socketed 1 gem, you will lose that gem when you re-socket it, so do both gems at once...

Unless they changed things...

5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Yes, there is.

It's pretty easy and simple, gives good XP and some gold as well.

Without spoiling too much, beware of the love season mini boss while you're doing the quest!

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

No no. Go in naked and find your lost love!

Elgarion likes this.
  7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

She'll even give you a picture to remember her by!

Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

So here's an interesting lesson in the difference between perception and reality - I felt like I had hardly found any artefacts at all. While I still feel like an AL 88 should have more than this by now, it's admittedly quite a bit more than I THOUGHT I had. Admittedly, though, the helms of the stag spirit were given to me as a gift while on a party XP run with a much higher level player.

I do like the ring of brittle brawn, but as you can see, I need to fix it!

I liked the ring of water, rare of tempestry, but since it only has 22 durability left I'm not sure it's worth fixing.
    The necklace of civility was nice at lower levels, but I have plenty of health and focus now, so I'm not sure if fixing that is worth it.
    The following items I'm just not sure are valuable to a polearm/heavy armor/water mage:
    Ankh of sacrifice
    cutlass of the swashbuckler
    helm of the stag spirit
    shard of night
    slipshod shooter's sash
    two-handed mace of unsummoning
    wand of static discharge

So 2 questions:
    1. Is it possible that I'm underestimating the value of any of the above artefacts?
    2. For any of the above artefacts, is there anything more valuable to do than just salvage them for ancient essence? I haven't been to crafter town lately so I guess I could go there and compare what these items are selling for to the price of ancient essence (was 7k last time I looked).

Hope this made sense
    DTXCF
    [​IMG]

Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

You could sell them, but salvage is getting some big changes over the next two releases. If you're going to scrap them, wait until then; they may drop more than just essences then.

Also, artis are getting an overhaul shortly, similar to food. The stats and effects on some things may change, with an idea to making a lot more of them more useful. I'd at least wait and see what that entails before getting rid of anything.

10. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I've asked this question before but hoping I can ask it more eloquently now that I have more experience:

Typically when I go to enchant something at the alchemy table, the probability is about 90% for the first enchantment, 65% for the second and 32% for the third.

Is that normal? If so, is there anything that can be done to raise the percentage chances especially for the second and third tries?

If not, do most people typically just enchant twice and then stop?

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes the additional masterworks or enchant chance gets lower and lower. When I make a set of basic disposable harvesting gear I just put on around 2 masterwork and 2 enchant and call it good.

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they were just raised a bit recently

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=127848#spotlight

Anpu likes this.
  13. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

So then the crafters like Elrond who are able to craft +17 and +19 gear that they sell - how are they able to get so many plusses?

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Exceptionals are +1. Using higher tier materials and components (bronze, hardened leather, elven bow strings, etc.) will add +1 to +3. Socketing a gem adds +1. So you can get to +3 or +4 before even doing anything. If your skills are high enough, you can get access to major/heavyweight enchants and masterworks, those can add +3 each. So three enchants would be a +9, and another +9 for three masterworks. With high skills and just a little luck (and an item with enough durability) you can get to +19 or +20 pretty easily.

Also, getting your skills up there makes a bigger difference now. I get something like 100%/93%/52% now. I'm sure more dedicated crafters have even better numbers.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Wilfred likes this.
  15. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Thanks Cora. So how high is "high enough"? I think my enchanting skill is level 30, not sure where I am for masterworking blacksmithing, carpentry or tailoring. Any other skills besides those that would make someone a better crafter?

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

All my skills are 100, with some of the base skills up to 120 to get better chances at making exceptional items. I think the more dedicated crafters have their skills in the 130s or higher. Hard to say, because you don't get much bang for your buck past 100, so I don't know how many bothered to go past 120.

Anpu and DalTXColtsFan like this.
  17. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

A few months ago someone posted a link for me to a chart that lists the bonuses you get if you socket then enchant vs. if you enchant then socket, and now despite my best searching efforts, I can't seem to find it. Anyone know/remember what I'm talking about?

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

19. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Am I correct that you can't masterwork rings and necklaces, only socket and enchant them?

20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Correct.

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.