Changes to archery

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Krovakin, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

Hello all, I have been patient and VERY respectful in the past from people bad mouthing archers.... however the way we are targeted now is making myself and A LOT of other archers I know think of quitting or very close to it..... We were told on twitter that the top 25 players for dps in the game are all fire mages, however once again archers get the biggest nerf this recent patch NOT fire mages. This wouldn't bother me if it wasn't quickly becoming a new trend. In the last few patches the following BIG changes to archery were done:
    -Shield of air changed
    -Movement speed reduced which affects kiting ( which I don't care what some say it is noticeable and not right imo).
    -Aimed shot loses dmg if you are moving ( which is bad because kiting is BIG in archery)
    -Multiple skills in the archery tree now cost more focus then before
    -Bard savage sonata has a 50% reduction ( which affects all melee classes but does not hurt mages the top dpsers at all)

Yet all mages who again are the TOP dpsers (according to the devs on twitter) had a small change of one crit tick and a 0.5 second cast. I spoke with 3 fire mages about the changes and they said they didn't even notice a change at all, where in the last month my dps has gone down by 1/2 (not exaggerating) my speed decreased, I take more damage and use more focus.

I am sorry for the complaints and saying archery is being a HUGE target but it is getting really really hard to accept these changes when they are only seriously changing one class.
    Again I am not upset about the changes, I do think change is needed everywhere, but at this point I am feeling punished for playing my archer toon since alpha where the top dpsers get no change all because people complained about being 1 shot in pvp. (honestly this is why I think we are targeted is because of the pvp complaints.) This is not meant to target or complain about anyone it is to show my feelings on these recent changes since I know I am not the only one and feel the devs should know this and relax on the archer for a little....

If not I won't quit right away, instead I will just play fire mage since they have top dps and clearly arnt a target to pvp complaints. I have a feeling there will be a huge swarm of fire mages soon and a lot of archery gear for sale if things don't change. Not saying nerfs arnt needed but do it fairly across the board not pummel one class at a time, because then they feel singled out. Oh and stop listening to pvp complaints when it comes to pve! they ARE NOT the same thing!
    Thank you for your time and hope I wasnt too abrupt.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I agree with pretty much everything you said, @Krovakin and most especially agree with you on this:
    and this:
    PvP here in SotA represents a small percentage of all players, and yet we have these major changes because of the few.
    This is galling and I very much hate it.

3. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

Agreed. The part that bothers me is not so much my dps, but trying to make all these changes to people like me who have played for years is hurting new players 10 times more. The game was made harder and harder to make it more challenging for long term players. Now because of those changes we are being nerfed, however the mobs are not, which means it is hurting new players the most.

FBohler and FrostII like this.
  4. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

Krovakin
    [edit AngryFilter]
    Stop, Archer not hard nerf, you can play, you can play High-end content.
    All right, rly.
    Fire mage ++ nerf, need more time to kill enemy, group enemy, but we play, we make new builde, search new path.
    You can make new hard archer build, just try.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    necronut likes this.
  5. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

Hello seyu.

You might want to read what I said again. #1 fire mages are the highest dps in the game NOT archers and the Devs confirmed that so say what you want. #2 I didn't complain about the nerf I said multiple times I don't like how they nerfed only archers over and over while fire mages are still #1 damage. And #3 fire makes got a nerf wayyy back when they were OP and they complained just as much.

Remember this was all before the archer nerf which means mages were #1 and archery was #2 but NOW archers are doing 50% yes that's right 50% less damage. If fire makes got a 50% damage reduction you'd be on here complaining too no offense anyone would.

Not to mention a archer might be able to kill a dragon fast but a fire mage can attenuate in spindle extreme in 8 to 15 mins where it takes a adv lvl 145 archer 21-24 mins. And yes I am witness to over 7 accounts of this. So yes defend your class all you want but if archers lose 50% damage then so should the top dps class in the game fire mages, more then fair.

FBohler, StarLord and FrostII like this.
  6. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

PLS forget word DPS, its shows nothing in this game except you do CP:). For example, as a fire mage you can get insane DPS against 10 wolves/20 zombies(And pretty sure DEVS saw those spikes in their charts) but very low against shadow creatures or any high resistant target.
    People complain because a big part of the server plays a God mode (archery+airshield), which is VERY easy to play (no need for clever decks, exotic builds, and huge amount of keys to push to be effective or risk of death) with insane damage into ANY target, and EHP up to 10k(this changed to 5k HP but insane regeneration abilities make it feel same). Even more in some games, such tricks are recognizing as bug usage. And it's not only about archery it's about a combination of physical damage + air shield.

So after years of gaming, you play a God mode and don't agree to play any other way ?

This release one of the best in Sota history for the new players btw. And what you offer? Allow play God mode?

P.S. If about fire mages, it can be nerfed more (make RoF ticks time same as fireball) but anyway if I decide to play a glass cannon by fire mage I get huge risk on myself, one or two mistakes and I will die. And this glass cannon can't even be compared with archer one in terms of power. So nothing close to God mode which we saw last months (year?)

Adam Crow and necronut like this.
  7. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

Once again not saying we shouldn't be nerfed just not over and over while no one else feels any change. I do not agree with God mode either, but I'm doing 50% less damage already... the aimed shot while moving still sucks bad for kiting.... and movement speed which is for kiting too is also reduced. I agree changes had to be made to damage and SOA but movement And aimed shot And focus costs its a bit much for one class all at once.

8. Restless

Restless Avatar

Exactly which part of face tanking with ridiculously high dps is the part where the game was difficult for you? I've also played since before launch and remember when actual player ability was needed instead of renewing a single buff and clicking one mouse button. Do you know what fire mages use? Skills from the fire tree. :)

necronut likes this.
  9. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Not just Skills from fire tree, multiple skills from multiple trees :p

Cordelayne, necronut and Restless like this.
  10. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I'm making some comfort food for anyone who needs some. Feel free to hit me up in game.

Archer Specials on sale all week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anpu, Spinok and necronut like this.
  11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Do you have them on one of your vendors ?
    And, if so, what are the prices ?

12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Let me guess, @Spinok - you PVP ?

13. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

Krovakin

Fire Mage have High DPS Versus Group Enemy!
    G.R.O.U.P Enemy, main DPS ability - Fireball;
    Ring Fire - good debuff, and +- DPS.

And now, FireBall +- 30% nerf - Yes, me need more time to Kill group enemy.
    FireMage not Best DPS 1x1.

Remember - Fire Mage Good vs group enemy, not solo target.

And now for exp/drop Myrkur Normal me need 10m to kill all.
    Before nerf - 5-6m.

StarLord and FrostII like this.
  14. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Now try and do it without fire and you might see why people get salty, have invested over a real man year of my life not to mention money into the game and I cannot achieve that. Your very video highlights the problem, you can run and avoid whilst dropping dmg on high level group whilst an archer for example with aimed shot has to stand still for max bang for buck oh and he is only hitting single targets whilst being eaten. Now if you had to stand still to cast I doubt you would enjoy the experience. Sorry it takes you a couple of minutes longer, others can't even get to the room...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    FBohler, StarLord and FrostII like this.
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@SeyuNanatus great job making the most of fire/barding/etc... Great use of skills in that video.

But @Sarek is right .
    An archer would never stand a chance in that room, given the 3 dragons AND the Petrified Zombies - but you do it very well with Fire - np.
    And you know as well as I do that Fire does just fine against a single high-level target - I used to be spec'd in it, so I speak from experience. ;)

FBohler and Sarek like this.
  16. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

Hm, give me good Archer Account and 400kk exp, I try make good spec for Myrkur Room and Kill dragon.
    Было бы желание - It's wonderful what one can teach when one tries. - how saying in my country.

17. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

I have friend, he can kill this room use Archer build :))
    Try more "old guardians".

18. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Hop on QA, switch your build and do the same thing in the same time please, would like to see that video. Thanks for your support and wisdom! Very much appreciated.

Or was it just a vanilla "get good" with no substance? Confused because to be frank, I don't believe it.

FrostII and FBohler like this.
  19. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

BTW The first avatar in Sota who done Myrkur Extreme "SOLO" is archer, for example, I have ZERO chance to do it as a similar level fire mage due to 50k hp ultra-high magic resist targets.

20. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Lets be honest a limited few can do that, and that was before the recent changes... Made my statement after the changes just for clarity I am talking about the state right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.