Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bringing loot over from Single player to Multi player

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by D A Morton, Feb 21, 2014.

?

Should you be able to bring things over from single player game to multi when the game goes live.

1. Yes

47.1%
  2. No

52.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D A Morton

D A Morton Avatar

How does everyone feel about being able to bring loot over from single player, for instance mined ore, wood etc. This would mean that the market would be saturated because instead of trying to find nodes in multi, u may as go to single and get all your stuff there and bring it over. I for one think that bringing stuff over from single player to multi should not be allowed. Please cast your vote.

Ember Isolte, Badear and Jivalax Azon like this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

You are actually participating in the same world, regardless of SPO, FPO, or OPO modes. Those modes simply determine which other players are allowed to be sorted into your instance.

The test environment we are engaging in R3 is not how the production environment will be like.

Namely, if you enter a new instance, there will not be handy dandy chests full of crafting material and founders items available. :)

3. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I really don't know yet. I mean when the game is live, I doubt there will be such a resource rush. We'll have the whole world to work with and lots of resources. I imagine, that it won't be much easier to gather resources in spo than it is in mpo. If that's the case, it doesn't really matter.

Doh! Ninja'd

What NRaas said.

NRaas and Jivalax Azon like this.
  4. D A Morton

D A Morton Avatar

I am not talking about chests, I am talking about when the game goes live, why would you mine on the multi server and wait for the nodes to respawn when you can go mine on SPO and then bring it over at your leisure?

5. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I thought they said that in SPO, we would see how the world is affected by others, but not see them. So when it goes live, won't we still have to wait for it to respawn?

If that's not the case, I still don't see the big deal. I'm gonna mine the crap either way, what's saving me a few minutes of waiting around hurting you?

Lord Albert and Jivalax Azon like this.
  6. JAMorton

JAMorton Avatar

It hurts the market place for supply and demand if you want to run your own shop.

7. D A Morton

D A Morton Avatar

I want it to feel real where you cannot always get what you want as it has been got by someone else. In UO, if a place had been mined of ore, you had to wait for it to re spawn, having the chance to be go over to SPO and mine rather than have to wait would not only have people leaving the multi game to go spend ages mining but it would saturate the markets as there would be no waiting around.

8. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I don't think forcing people to wait around EVER enhances gameplay. I have very limited time and I don't want to spend it standing around waiting.

We can't really know how it will affect the market. If the resources are infinite, then it can't have a huge impact; I'll get it one way or the other.

9. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Are you perhaps confusing Single Player *Offline* with Single Player *Online* ? The Offline and Online environment *will* be distinct, you will be unable to move an offline character into the online environment.

In OPO mode : When you enter a hex map where no one else exists, a new instance is spun up specifically for you, and resources are spawned within it for you to collect.

In SPO mode: When you enter a hex map, a new instance is simply always spun up specifically for you, and resources are spawned within it for you to collect.

The only difference regarding resources in the instances will be whether you are added to a pre-existing instance or not. Most likely, instances will be collapsed once the last player leaves them, so the next user entering that hex map will receive a fresh instance.

The only "permanent" instances would be heavily populated maps (such as towns), which will not have easy to get spawns anyways.

----

Now, I do understand your issue with resource mining in an instanced environment, but it is not really an SPO versus OPO issue : More a concern with the nature of the game in general. :)

Edit: The spawn rates defined for new instances can be adjusted for each new instance of a map. So, you *could* mine out a hex map, making it unusable across all modes.

Just depends on whether the devs decide to take that approach or not. :)

Lord Albert and Jivalax Azon like this.
  10. D A Morton

D A Morton Avatar

No I am not confusing offline but I understand your point :)

NRaas likes this.
  11. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I know they've said that if you only play Single Player Online mode, you have to still log into Multiplayer periodically for the game to update between the two. They haven't really specified though exactly how often, or how long, you are permitted between the modes for it to remain updated.

If they intend to maintain single character per account, along with skill caps, I think it would prevent too much overflow, since you couldn't potentially gather and craft everything yourself. But I could see people with a "throwaway" account who create a character solely to be a gathering mule for their main account. Definitely a topic for consideration and careful balancing on how it would impact the player economies.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  12. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

They've also talked about turning up the density of nodes in OPO/FPO environments than SPO. So while a SPO player will walk into a fresh hex and have X amount of nodes, an OPO player may walk into a hex and have X*(amount of other players in hex) or some other mystical ratio. In that instance, if you're the only one gathering from the nodes while the others are playing tiddlywinks or something, it'd actually be an advantage to be in the OPO environment.

NRaas, Jivalax Azon and docdoom77 like this.
  13. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I thought single player characters had to remain single player characters and multiplayer characters were different, to prevent cheating.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  14. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

Single Player Offline characters can't be brought Online to prevent cheating done while playing the game Offline. If you're playing the game Online, you can bounce between modes (probably in certain safe locations) At least last I heard.

NRaas and Jivalax Azon like this.
  15. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Wow, this REALLY isn't an issue. The looting mechanics in place atm are only there for testing. Of course you can bring loot from SPO to MPO!

Jivalax Azon and docdoom77 like this.
  16. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Here's an article from the Kickstarter info:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/posts/429763

Basically, Offline characters can only be played offline. Single Online can be played briefly (thinking it's for times where you may not have Internet connection, like Steam's Offline mode), but would still update when you reconnect for Multiplayer.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  17. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Not quite. Single Online is for people who want world updates but don't want to see anybody. You still have to be online. The brief periods offline you're thinking of is if your internet disconnects for a few minutes. It was just a safety fallback RG mentioned once or twice. It's not an actual gameplay mode.
    You can play any mode you want for any amount of time you want. Only restriction is offline characters stay offline.

Jivalax Azon and Akeashar like this.
  18. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Hmm, okay. Guess I misread that then. :D

19. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

As a crafter, absolutely positively YES. First we have been told that the best sources will be in MPO areas, probably PvP contested areas. Are you really worried that people in SPO mode will corner the coal market and destroy the economy by selling cheap coal? Iron ore, so what? If we have valerite, uberite or unobtainium only in the MPO, SPO will never be able to take away the top grade markets. But if people want to mine in SPO until they are skilled enough to warrant more dangerous harvesting, good. Is it different? Yes. At first I was uncertain, but seeing how things are shaping up, I doubt there will be a problem.

Time Lord, Annavas Azon and docdoom77 like this.
  20. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I see no issue.

1) Hard to get stuff will be hard to get. Maybe too hard in SPO.
    2) Contested nodes owned by some guild / faction should still be that way in SPO. If you're with the owning group you have access. If you don't you may need to drop out of SPO to fight for it.

So there's no exploits. It just may make your like a little easier for farming some very common mats. Obviously if the did the OPO nodes like GW2 then it would be slightly easier to farm in OPO than in SPO, which would be preferred.

docdoom77, NRaas and Jivalax Azon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.