Cannot get through the Highvale Outskirts Mine anymore

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by DOCK2A, Mar 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOCK2A

DOCK2A Avatar

After the last patch I cannot get through the mine anymore. There seem to be a wall up that prevents passage. I can see the chest etc. through the wall, but no passage. Cannot get through to the ice barrier anymore.
    Help Please.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@DOCK2A, you can only get through that barrier once, when you have the key from the kobold mage to use on the pillar.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Through TO the barrier, not THROUGH the barrier. I don't remember a chest visible through the ice barrier, but there is one (as well as "etc.") at an earlier point in the mine. I don't think the OP is talking about the ice barrier, but the mine you have to get through to reach the barrier. Can't check right now, but I'll try to remember to confirm once I can get in-game.

@DOCK2A, in the meantime, if you're impatient, it IS possible to reach the kobold camp and complete the quest without going through the mine or the ice barrier at all. It just requires some careful scouting and stealth. :) (Not the glyph type of stealth, just the "creep around behind the tents and make sure no one sees you" sort.)

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Could someone please explain to me how things like this come about? I mean, I can understand things being missed in a new scene or nearby changes having unexpected side effects. But something like this showing up in an established scene that was previously fine? What, was there an earthquake in the mountains or something? Seriously, how is it that these bugs seem to create themselves?

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Welcome to SOTA! :D

Anpu likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

this is fixed as of patch 1374.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's a big game with a small team and sometimes stuff happens.

9. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Yeah, but how? This isn't a complaint, I'm trying to understand what's going on behind the scenes here. Why should the staff size matter? That would matter if it were a case of people missing stuff, sure. But like I said, if it's an established scene, and if no one was modifying that part of the scene lately (and I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes about work in that area before the problem arose), then how could something like this just happen? Something has to change for an area to go from fine to broken without any staff interference.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Because someone works on something and they inadvertently break something else. It may not even be something specific to a scene but some global setting that affects something in a scene in a way that causes breakage.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

having watched other people try to do world-building in unity, i think the answer is "the unity editor is terrible." it is very easy to accidentally click something and drag it ALL the way across the scene and not notice it happened, especially if you're doing something up at the monastery where there's rocks upon rocks that you can't see from all angles but you can click through to.

Bedawyn and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.