Wandering Pets

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Sorgin Txakal, Mar 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I can confirm that pets are wandering in my cave dungeon now. All of them do except the baby dragon, but the baby dragon does not patrol even on the regular lot so I think that is a bug with the pet itself.

Dumped as many pets down as I had on me and watched them each in turn start wandering around, all did except the dragon.
    [​IMG]

Lilith Ayin and Anpu like this.
  2. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

The title of my post would be the same, but the question is different.
    My zombie is no longer magnetized in the granite blocks, on the contrary, he walks wherever he wants, even walks outside my castle.
    Yesterday I followed him and saw that he was entering my neighbor's house. I couldn't follow him anymore because my neighbor's house doesn't allow entry, but I would have liked to see how far my zombie would go.
    However, my dog and my duck do not move from the site.
    Is it normal for my zombie to go outside the limits of my property? Maybe he is not happy in the cemetery that I have built for him with all my love? :(

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Duke Olahorand likes this.
  3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

@Ravalox
    If this was a democracy, I would vote to allow the zombie and some other pets to wander out past the lot boundary. I think that is a great feature!

4. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Lilith Ayin and @Kelly O'Shay, The Zombie (and a number of other Conversationalist NPCs) have wanderlust. It is a bug that we will be addressing and correcting so they pay attention to their orders.

@Sorgin Txakal, this also includes the Baby Dragons (since they are conversationalists) - Movement was not included in them as a work around when they were created, the Movement options will be added to these Conversationalists once the others are fixed.

5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Lazarus Long I think this was the bug you were referring to?

[​IMG]

6. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I post in this thread for not opening another with the same question.
    Pets are magnetized again. This time they are not magnetized to objects, if not to the limits of my lot. All my pets are completely immobile and wherever I put them, they stick to the limits.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Lilith Ayin, i see at your city lot in lightbringer isle that you have hay placed. there's a known bug for large and small haystacks causing npcs to behave incorrectly. you should pick it up, for now.

8. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thanks so much for the info, Alley, now I know why my zombie loves hay so much :D

9. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Hay now

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  10. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I've put a few zombie NPCs (made with alchemy) in my dungeon. They are in "patrol" mode and the dungeon is in "adventure" mode.
    When I enter with my character Isabel Ayin, all the zombies follow me, although they shouldn't, and even enter the combat rooms with me. I have entered in my spiders room and the spiders have damaged my zombies, so I have not wanted to go further inside.
    Can hostile creatures in my dungeon kill my alchemy crafted zombies? What would happen if they were killed? Would you lose them and have to recreate them?
    This does not happen when I enter with my character Lilith Ayin.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you set them to patrol as lilith and then log in as isabel, they need to be set to patrol for her, too. once per alt on the lot owner's account. this is a holdover from where all pets were set to follow everyone. annoying, but only has to be done once per slot.

Lord Stein, FrostII and Lilith Ayin like this.
  12. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thanks, Alley! Understood and solved. It was scarier than "The walking dead", 13 zombies chasing me in a hurry everywhere :D:D:D

FrostII and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.