Catnip Games Monthly Fishing Tourney

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Elgarion, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

Greeting Governor @Elgarion and Sir @Proudfoot Underhill !

It simply means if you catch any lucky (1.11) or record size fishy of any type in Brittany Fort at any time I will reward you with 500 crowns each, both during Elgarion's events as a side contest or any time of the year you feel like fishing. :)

Yours truly,

Governor Sonja Solar

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Awesome, thanks Sonja! I'll get put on the events page in a few minutes. Just gotta see if there are others to add before diving in. I spotted your main post and that's what I'll link :)

3. Hemnu Lightbringer

Hemnu Lightbringer Avatar

My Wife and I would like to enter our town Lightbringer Isle

4. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

awesome idea! Bring on that brown water for Dark Bayou!

5. Elgarion

Added, you'll be up for R90 ;)

Sonja and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Can you make it mandatory that the water changing statue for the current POT for a monthly event must be placed at the Docks location? So that players can actually see which POT’s are set correctly, or not, for the months fishing event when they are supposed to be participating in them?

Additionally, a day before the next round of POT’s that will be in the monthly contest is announced, make a post that the next round of town must be set to the correct water type for the next contest. See if you can run a query showing the correct water type is set for them. If not, they are removed for the current monthly contest.

Just some suggestions when doing this today. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    Sonja and FrostII like this.
  7. Elgarion

I need to pick an option that is the least amount of work for the most part. These things do take up a lot of my time. I can put in a comment recommending that, and a warning that repeated notifications that a town is not participating yet asked to be on the list would result in removal from the contest altogether. Sound good? We need to give these folks a chance though to change their statues. Best thing is to @mention them in this thread letting them know their statue is down, which can also serve as the initial notification. These governors benefit from foot traffic for participating in this contest, so if they're not actually participating, ultimately they should be removed to make room for those that are willing.

8. Lained

Lained Avatar

If the the statues were actually placeable on all the docks.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just would like for some way this IS less work for you. When you spend the time every month to set this up, but some, who have requested to be on this continuing event, aren't actually paying attention to your posts, reminding them to be ready to set their towns up is a bit disingenuous. Just possibly keep this in mind as a suggestion for now, to think about. And crap like real life sometimes unfortunately comes up, we all get that, and they could miss these reminders as well. There are however many Governors and Stewards who do a good job being sure there town is ready each month thankfully.

Again thank you for your time doing this every month Elgarion, we all appreciate it.

Sonja, Wilfred, Yigg Endimion and 3 others like this.
  10. Elgarion

11. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Grrrr. Unless we get bumped we will end up being Fetid AGAIN. Knights Watch has been in the rotation for Fetid for the last few events. Its ok..and before that it was fresh. I dont think we have been in Salt water forever. LOL. Guess we might eventually get moved around to get different water soon. And btw trying to think of something cool for an event.

Sonja, Elgarion, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Sorry folks, back to work and my brain is a week behind. PaxLair absolutely has a side contest for this month. I will get details posted tonight when I get home.

Sorry for the info delay, keep fishing!!

Sean

Sonja likes this.
  13. Proudfoot Underhill

Proudfoot Underhill Avatar

I see that Blood Bay is again a PvP zone for fishing this month, is this by mistake?

Sonja and Elgarion like this.
  14. Elgarion

winners posted :)

15. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

Ironhall would like to be added as well!

16. Elgarion

Ya, I should have skipped down by 2 on the list, but only did 1. We'll just roll with it this round and have 2 new locations next month since people have already started. :(

Added, you'll be up for R90 :) Thanks for entering!

17. Elgarion

I've had a few folks study the cycles and point to where they'd like to be moved. Just give me a nudge, and I can move you on the list. (You just need to move downward, not upward).

18. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

PaxLair is proud to part of the Catnip Monthly Fishing Tournament.

(Fresh) will be during the month of April 2021 ending on the 26th
    The old retired shark hunter Sam Quint is available at the Tourney shack to answer any questions he can.

DROP BOXES:
    Located at the PaxLair fishing shack, straight ahead off the docks, the first row lot you see. There are chests out front, once you're ready to put your catch in, choose an empty pack and place your fish directly in. You will only be able to add, not remove, so take care.

NORMAL CONTESTS:

1) Largest fish for the month: PaxLair Top Ten Trophy and 3 loot bags.
    2) 2nd place: PaxLair Consolation Prize Trophy and 2 loot bags
    3)3rd place: PaxLair Participation Trophy and 1 loot bag

Weekly pop-up events happening on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (multiple popups possible!): Details announced during popup event.

Special add-on - If PaxLair happens to be listed as a Pacu fishing site, the person with the most Pacu fish that day will win 500 cotos. Sponsored by Sausage Swiper, The Yule Lads a guild of PaxLair
    **** Please note PaxLair has no responsibility for the items given out by the Yule Lads or their behavior****

RULES FOR NORMAL CONTEST
    Ties will split the prize tickets, with adjustments made so it's even amounts.
    Can only win once per day.

PRIZES:
    Once the winners are announced they will be asked to come to PaxLair, where they will be able to choose a box for each ticket won. Each box will be chosen 1 at a time on a rotating basis until all tickets have been cashed in. There will be more boxes than tickets. This is fishing, there will be stinky prizes hiding in there.

Any question or comments please get in touch with @Sean Silverfoot

Attention @Elgarion

Elgarion and Sonja like this.
  19. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Should move Britt Mart, Novia Market, Silverdale, New Britannia Market, & Crafter's Town all to the same month and make them battle it out for supremacy of advertising power.

Mostly joking of course :D

Elgarion and Sonja like this.
  20. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

Happy Easter everybody!

Yes, sir @Anpu, as @Lained mentioned, there's something wrong with some of the town docks, including mine in Brittany Fort, that prevents placement of things like the fishy statues. I'd love to put it on the dock as you suggest for everybody to see, but I can't. It turns red and will not place. :( There was a time last year when it worked, but then it stopped working again and hasn't for many months. I suppose I should report it when I find some time.

Sincerely,

Sonja

[​IMG]

Elgarion, Net, Anpu and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.