Atonal Aria damage is way too high!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Violet Ronso, Apr 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Okay so with the recent fix on Atonal Aria making it actually an AoE Damage over Time, this skill has become way too strong. Its current damage can reach 150-300 and more on a 5 stack, and that is every 2 seconds, with no stats involved other than the actual skill level (which means you could run in naked with no other skills than Atonal Aria raised and you would do the same dps). This is far too much, even with the next bard nerf planned, this amount is WAY too high, I kill things effortlessly with a tank build right now, using Atonal Aria as my only source of damage. Pair it up with Immolation, and you are simply walking around while everything dies in a matter of seconds with 0 effort.

Please nerf Atonal Aria!

2. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

Video with pruf how you kill all non - stop 24/7 :))

Atunal Aria work good, Tank/Bard/Healer - need DPS skill, this skill can DPS.

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I agree, it can DPS, but it DPS's way too much don't you think? :p 150-300 every 2 seconds is insane damage. And I mean I could send you a video, but I doubt people need a video when all they need is to train the skill to 120 and just 5 stack it away to see proof of the dps...

4. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

Spindelskog - Kill Shadow Spider Hard/Extrem - Bard need time/ Tank need Time (I think Tank just die :D )
    Mage Room Rise - Tank, Bard - need time + Atonal Aria have strong time to cast.
    Dragon Room + Scorpions Despair/Myrkur - Atonal Aria - Suicide idea :D
    PvP - Yes, PvP so funny, but we have strong cast time :D
    2 Demon kill? - :)) rly? Time...
    2 Ancient Yellow Dragon?? - :D Suicide idea

Atonal Aria it's Support DPS Skill, not Hard DPS skill, I use him, I test him.

Need video how you so fast kill enemy.

p.s Fire Mage with Bard Mastery :))

If enemy have 9k hp - Atonal Aria just support DPS, not main.

Duke Gréagóir and Margaritte like this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

[​IMG]

2 Greater demon kill, with Atonal Aria and Concussive Canticle, where Atonal Aria did 83% of the damage, I'll record my next kill, but I think this proves it...

I actually struggled more with the skeletons rather than the demons lol.

6. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

I think need video or total time to kill 2 demon :))
    Atonal Ariya if Nerf - People who make build bard, just CA-BOOOM - it's rly sad, if nerf Atonal Aria and Concussive Canticle.
    No good Arts for Bard.
    No good eat.
    No good exp/gold/art per 1h - for bard.

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Bards are supposed to be supports, not heavy duty killers... This is too easy, recorded the video, will upload when I can, will update with link... I'm actually using a mis-matched set, with only potions and food for 600 focus, no elemental shields, no casted buffs, no 3 day buffs, took me 4:45, from start to finish, and I miss-managed my songs... bard DPS is too high

8. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Bard DPS is not too high if you're a dedicated bard. A decent fire mage or melee player will out DPS me every time, and in most situations, kill much more quickly from what I've observed standing toe to toe with players who are a similar level to me. The issue is that right now everyone can be a bard plus whatever else they want to be, and the proposed changes with voice training will not be enough to stop that, as far as I can see. Like Seyu said, bards need to eat and pay the bills too. Let's not talk nerfs or OP skills until after we see how everything shakes out with the instrument changes. Barding is in a state of flux just now, and what feels OP currently could be quickly brought in line and balanced once Chris factors in his instrument ideas.

9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

What she said. Wait and see.

necronut and FrostII like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There is still the "instrument out" change that's coming.

FrostII likes this.
  11. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

You can solo attenuate in Spindle with just Psalm of Stagnation, Atonal Aria, and Concussive Canticle. I've seen non-crits from Concussive Canticle for 4k and they happen fairly regularly.

necronut likes this.
  12. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

DISAGREE!! Bards need this skill restored to the original way it was before the nerf that crippled it to what it is now. I think with Bard Spec of 12o the damage should double and 140 triple. For Bard this is our Ring of Fire. Remember Fire Mages wipe things with Fireball (bards don't have anything like that), Fire Arrow (Bards don't have anything like that). CC is just a blah skill that I use rarely as it takes way too long for too little damage. All Bards have is AA.

NO MORE BARD NERFS! Chris already did it and make the Bard skill almost worthless with the initial nerf.

FrostII likes this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Wow, I'll say I am genuinely surprised, after seeing how much damage Atonal Aria does on its own, and people defending it this much! I guess we can leave it like that, to be honest, I'm using it right now but I never expected this much damage, but I mean if everyone thinks it is balanced, I'll happily keep using it with how strong I feel it is!

Good discussion everyone, you can ignore this thread now!

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  14. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

My Atonal Aria consistently does 213 damage per "tick", skill 140, non-specialized. No crits. The damage is similar to Ring of Fire @ 140, non-spec. AA is nice because the skill moves with the bard whereas RoF is placed on the ground. When the instrument feature is introduced, but not used in your build, "Voice Training" skill at 100 allows you to do 50% of damage, therefore I'd expect to see 106.5 damage. Before crying wolf, lets see how "instrument" functions when it goes live.

Tirrag, FrostII and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  15. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

Unlike other aoe skills, AA stands out when multiple people cast it; the effect multiplies as each person it hitting the target; akin to a pulsing direct damage, not a damage over time effect that is stack limited and can be overwritten by a weaker version.

16. necronut

necronut Avatar

Yeah! And Earth doesn't have Ring of Fire damage either, so put some big DPS in Earth.

And Water doesn't have anything as powerful as Shield of Air or Ring of Fire, so put some big shield and DPS in Water!

I'm being sarcastic!

EVERYONE GETS GIANT DAMAGE! Ladies, look under your seats, I've taped the keys to a brand new DPS under each and every one of your seats! I'm Oprah!

17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ok so I've been doing some more testing with Bard.

My guildmate, a fire mage, has 270 attunement, 128 Ring of Fire, 117 Fire Spec, 130 Highly flamable. a 6 stack Ring of Fire deals 107-179.

Me, NAKED, with Atonal Aria at 126, 6 stacks does 112-337, so my Atonal Aria does more than Ring of Fire, but I mean sure, a fire mage can stack Ring of Fire with Fireball, immolation and other fire spells.

BUT, for anyone thinking that bards have no DPS, here is a trick : Concussive Canticle removes 10% of YOUR focus from your target, and will remove even more if you stack it. Casting Torpid Torment on the target before casting Concussive Canticle will result in the target taking Health Damage from the focus loss, resulting in very high hits... with about 2.4k focus, and Torpid torment at lvl 40, I can do about 700 damage from concussive canticle, and an extra 1.8k damage from "Chaotic Feedback" (which is the Torpid Torment I cast on my target). This strangely enough works on mobs, I have tested it on trolls and shadow monsters for now.

So for anyone saying Bards do not have DPS, I am sorry, but you are simply missing some information, Bards have insane DPS right now.

But you are right, let's wait and see what Chris has in reserve before we cry for nerfs, but I think Bard skills can deal insane amounts of damage right now without even needing any other source of damage...

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Don't forget that there's no resistance for AA either. It will do that damage to all enemies.

19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

When I am out being just a Bard (no pet), I need all the DPS I can get otherwise I am just a dead duck. I know use other schools of magic or a weapon. BUT the beauty of barding is no weapon or school of magic is needed.

Just throw us Bards a bone... :)

20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'm currently running around with ONLY bard songs, no pets, no summons, no weapons (well, a wand + shield). I can pretty much kill everything I used to kill with a Heavy + Tactics melee build but now I can even do AoE damage, bards are nuts lol...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.