Crafting Wishlist - Underutilized Ingredients

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Also, keep the info flowing -- nothing saying more ideas won't make it in later :)

2. Indhira Dahgda

Indhira Dahgda Avatar

Quartz - have only harvested it in Sequeanna Colossus.

Elgarion and Wilfred like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

One other item I think that got completely missed as a cooking resource is Coconut. These currently have no use at all in a cooking recipe. It currently is only used for tailoring to make a Wearable Coconut.

Was actually shocked we don’t have a single food that uses this currently.

4. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Maybe when we get rum :)

Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  5. Elgarion

Well darn, ya -- that missed this round. I'll try to get it in on a future food ;)

Wilfred, Sorgin Txakal and Anpu like this.
  6. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Death Bunny Head

Would be great to get more uses for this besides the trophy mount.

Maybe a food or potion?

Could also be turned into a throwable that summons a death bunny for a limited time to fight on the side of the player. Would be a very interesting rare PVP equalizer.

FBohler and Elgarion like this.
  7. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

I've noticed we have Dark/Light Unicorn Carcasses as a "thing", in that you can place buy orders for them, but the unicorns themselves drop the meat directly. I think that's already been addressed and is going to get fixed, but I noticed Pristine Corpion Tail and Pristine Corpion Claw are also on the list of place-able buy orders. If that means they're an existing asset, might we get trophy mounts for them or some other fun thing?

Elgarion likes this.
  8. Elgarion

Yes, the carcasses are on my short list to hopefully get in this month. I'll add the Pristine Corpion Tail and Claw to my to-do list as well.

Wilfred and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  9. Coswald_Dirthmire

Just noticed Primal Bear Tooth isn't on the list, currently only used in the Primal Bear Headdress. With these and dragon claws maybe a few types of bone gloves would be possible, different items in the phoenix talon slot giving different bonuses.

Anpu and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  10. Elgarion

Added :) Thanks! This list really is a good reminder each time a scan through it to give ingredients lovin. Please keep suggestions comin ;)

Wilfred and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  11. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Salvaging updates that is coming, can you give us more details as what we should expect when salvaging. I am not talking about the junk but with artifacts. What happens if I was to salvage and Epic ring/weapon/armor or Item.

Do they yield special materials. Can we get full detailed information the new changes please?

Elgarion likes this.
  12. Elgarion

Artifact salvage work hasn't started (well, beyond what was needed for the upcoming exceptional changes). Artifact components from salvage will be worked during next release. This month's big projects for me are exceptionals work (just submitted Sunday), mundane salvage (submitted), and some artifact balance. I thought I'd get to tiering up non-tiered artifacts, but I'll likely wait until some dust settles with all these changes so I can plan their tiers a bit more effectively based on feedback and results from this balance pass.

Likely it'll be like this. An epic artifact will have a 100% chance to yield its component and any other items such as essences (likely to be a new gem type, though still exploring options), a legendary 50%, a Rare 12.5% etc.

13. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Something that might be worth considering would be expanding the use of the Ring of Luck. Maybe give it a +1%-5% additional chance to salvage the rare component, just enough to create a little demand for the rings and tempt people to salvage 2 legendries instead of 1 epic.

Elgarion likes this.
  14. Coswald_Dirthmire

Are there any planned changes to salvage for mob-dropped-gear that's not included in mundane salvage or already completed? I've been holding off as long as I can, but wood scraps are running thin!

This is why we love you

Elgarion likes this.
  15. Elgarion

That's a nice idea -- likely something crafting related for sure when it gets tiered. :)

Not going to be immediate, but I do have plans for adding rare items such as Mysterious Sword, Mysterious Scroll, Mysterious Liquid, etc. slowly into the salvage tables. People will have to "identify" them through crafting to yield the special item. Hopefully at some point I'll get all types of items into this concept, including the mundane gear that drops. No ETA on this, but I might start diving in after I get the artifacts components squared away for R90 and R91.

16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Underutilized Ingredients...

TimeLord's "a fruitcake"

1000 Pumpkins
    1000 Banana
    1000 Red Grape
    1000 White Grape
    1000 Lemon
    1000 Coconut
    1000 Apples
    Produces 1 single serving, "a fruit cake", which grants the consumer "super duper" abilities for 15 seconds, after-which the consumer passes out for 15 seconds due to an overload from it's overly fruity flavor.

(There's allot of farming produce in the world which is only used in very small quantities, yet produced in mass quantities.) and...
    ~Time Lord's a fruitcake~:p

Elgarion likes this.
  17. Elgarion

Hahaha, nice one :) That's a lot of fiber! :p

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Graemalkyn

Graemalkyn Avatar

Wasn't sure where to put this, but hoping here is a good spot.
    Would just like to humbly request that the sources for animal bones be upped somewhat, possibly to include boars as well as pigs, fish, rabbits and squirrels maybe?
    (Bears and wolves if you wanna get *really* crazy.)
    Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  19. Elgarion

Absolutely, so far you got pig, cow, crocodile, sheep, and deer and they drop directly from the PvP scene mutated plants. I'll definitely boost how much they drop from those, and add in many more animals, R90 at the latest. I need to spend time on Nightmare and Unicorn butchery as well, so good timing.

Anpu, Time Lord and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  20. Graemalkyn

Graemalkyn Avatar

Woohoo! Thank you!

Time Lord and Sorgin Txakal like this.