Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

If memory serves well, there's a hatch you can go to the level below.

2. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

71. Any scenes that have endlessly-spawning animals, similar to Resolute Sewers' spiders but wolves, bears, large crocodiles or boars? I'm trying to farm suet (I think corpions also drop suet but I'm not sure - I don't believe spiders do unfortunately). Deep Ravenswood has a lot of animals but I only got 28 pieces of suet there in an hour, hoping to find somewhere I can triple that.

FBohler, Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Nothing leaps to mind. Corpions do drop suet.
    Closest thing I can think of is Ruins of Utheim in Mistrendur. They don't spawn endlessly or anything, but there are a lot of bears, wolves, and boars there.

vulcanjedi and DalTXColtsFan like this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Deep Ravenswood is probably the best place in the game to hunt animals, especially obsidian ones with the wolf and bear spots.
    28 per hour sounds like a solid number for me, you're probably getting nearly as much suet as the game can provide.

Tirrag and DalTXColtsFan like this.
  5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

based on the API data here are the locations for suet.

right now the king appears to be South Drachvald Spur. probably due to the taming artifact harvesting going on there with the destroyers. not surprisingly deep ravens and ulfheim come in at #2 and #3. i agree with FBohler and deep ravens. the best spot for suet if you can handle the mobs.

vulcanjedi and FBohler like this.
  6. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I'm having trouble finding any merchants who sell peppers. Can I grow my own even if I don't have my own lot? According to SotAWiki I need a planter, seed and bucket of water - are there planters in public or player-owned towns that the "public" can use, or can I just have the planter in my inventory?

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I think some POT owners have made community gardens available, might wanna check the Player Owned Town section of the forums for this!

BUT! You should by now have at the very least a Row Lot deed which you could claim I any player owned town, and then acquire a Greenhouse row house, which will allow you to grow things directly on the top floor of your row house. Once you acquire your free village deed, that one will allow you to plant directly on the ground, not having any house pre placed on the lot.

Anpu and vulcanjedi like this.
  8. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Mysteria has a farm that residents can use.

Also some people farm in dungeons the slow growth rate can make it easier not to miss watering.
    vj

Violet Ronso likes this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

why don't you have your own lot? there's a free row lot deed from completing any one of the outskirts.

Anpu likes this.
  10. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

When I first got into the game and gold was harder to come by I got tired of paying the rent so I just paid for extra space in the bank. Now that I can make 10,000+GP an hour I may later claim another lot, but it's not very high up on my to-do list.

Anpu, FBohler and Violet Ronso like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Go to the oracle each day and say "test". She will ask if your direction in a particular virtue is correct. If you're positive in that virtue then say "yes", if you're negative in that virtue then say "no". If you're unsure then type the virtue (before asking for the test) and she will give you a clue. If you answer correctly then she'll give you 500 gold, which is twice the daily row lot tax.

DalTXColtsFan and Anpu like this.
  12. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Anyone know the CORRECT recipe for Hemlock and Ham? The recipe on Wiki doesn't seem to be correct. I used Bread Loaf instead of bread. Bread Loaf works as the ingredient for the Papa Holly sandwich.

https://sotawiki.net/sota/Hemlock_and_Ham

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they missed a tomato, there's two. fixing

also, hey, you could have gone to a cooking shop, it's not that expensive

Spinok and Anpu like this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The “Bread” item listed is a Category Item which consists of several Bread Items. Of which currently, I don’t know which exact bread items count for that Bread Category. When I can actually confirm and verify which specific Bread Items are in the Bread Category then I will update the wiki for that.

For now, you will have to figure that out on your own.

Spinok likes this.
  15. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

16. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I can tell you that I bought "Bread Loaf" from the baker in Owl's Head near the bank and it worked for this recipe. I don't know whether or not bread loaf can be cooked, but other kinds of bread like bark bread and banana bread have re-teachable recipes you can look up on sotwiki. By the way, this sandwich gives you 1600 producer XP for every one you make - 8000 for an exceptional.

Spinok likes this.
  17. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

yeah this why I asked, I almost ready for 36k crafts of this sandwich )

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Still if you reside in a town staying in a free Inn room which many of us offer you can use the resident vendor and resident planting beds. Also at my Inn I have some planting beds placed for use to Inn residents. Hit me up if you'd like to have a room. I understand some don't want to pay the rent and I try to offer an alternative while players are figuring out what they want to do. I'm also Majoria in Game send me a mail message or pm here if you like.

DalTXColtsFan, FBohler and Anpu like this.
  19. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

For anyone who was not already aware, the daily 18 pices of arcane catalyst quest now includes a Shield of Attraction.

I salvaged one and got only ancient essence (which is very useful) - is it normal that all you get for salvaging an artifact is the essence?

I'd also heard that some changes were coming down the pipe - any further word on those?

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.