1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Global Item Search

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Templarius, Feb 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

As of yet, we have no equivalent to Amazon, where you can order things and they just arrive at your doorstep. The requirement to actually physically travel to a town to buy something still affect the decision process. I'll tend to spend more on something that's closer, than travel further for something cheaper.

... but since we seem to have totally done away with any semblance of regional economies, making it so you can just appear in whatever zone you want, that kind of actual nuance is eliminated from the game.

But that's part of the point. Quotes by Ralphy, appeals to the D3 auction house, etc, are singular instances cited as though they alone are important in the universe, devoid of any other context, as opposed to trying to solve a 27-variable equation... where aspect, such as NOT being able to just magically dart around the world at a whim, have an influence on what can/can't be done.

2. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I couldn't tell which solution you were proposing, and wouldn't change nothing be a valid option as well?

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I think @AzazelReborn pretty much sums it all up !

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@kaeshiva is also right-on !

5. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

There are basically six options:

- Town-Based Vendor Search without Prices (TBVSw/oP)
    - Town-Based Vendor Search with Prices (TBVSwP)
    - Regional Vendor Search without Prices (RVSw/oP)
    - Regional Vendor Search with Prices (RVSwP)
    - Global / Universal Vendor Search without Prices (GVSw/oP)
    - Global / Universal Vendor Search with Prices (GVSwP)

----------

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

There's the seventh option which is Global Commodity Vendor with Prices to replace NPC merchants (GCVwPtrNPCm).

Wilfred and FrostII like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

We need prices. I have been ripped Off Way too much lately in just to find only one item. I ask in universe chat or trader chat. No one has seen any of said item. I check a few more towns. Nope. No more of that item. Told it is rare and getting it myself would be impossible with my build. So I buy said item after searching 25 towns of vendors.

I find said item in another vendor in town 26 (mind you I checked 25 towns already and got really tired of “shopping”. Feel duped and lied to about rarity of said item.

8. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

This is the consequence of an archaic system forcing players to beg on trade channel for price of an item. No MMO should force it's player to behave like this, it's a disgrace and just out right bad design for a game.

A transparent system is need. A global search for item you want to buy and sell. Quality of life is extremely important in a game. This is why the top 5 MMO that have been around many years are still there, they don't introduced pain to the players, they don't force workarounds it's just wrong.

I don't always blame the sellers, they have no idea what to sell items for too because there is nothing they can compare item with, with a global searched if implemented probably (Cross finger CATNIP) it will have an archive system of what has been sold in the past and therefore there wont be anymore being ripped off.

You would think with new changes to crafting and looting that the first thing that would be in a company mind is how do I get my player to efficiently sell and buy the so called raining artifacts that people are talking about.

If 2021 is going to be a great year for shroud this is needed more now as we get these new update and revamp to the system. Many player has items in boxes and container wishing they could easily sell them but the archaic nature of the system we have just have them leave it there till there is a system that can deal with it.

Please DEVs have this in your foremind. This is not just a nice thing for the game its a MUST HAVE, you all have been saying you want shroud to be a great game and your doing everything with balancing to attract new players. This feature will attract players, no question about it and it will receive raving reviews if implemented correctly.

9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

In terms of 2021, that is hard to argue with AzazelReborn. However, SoTA takes place in 16th century, so if we were having this debate in 2016, I would have said hell no! That said, it's not like there is any sense of strict adherences to time and punishing travel and local banking have all gone to the wayside anyway, so I don't suppose that any argument matters anymore. Whatever it takes to get more players works for me.

10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

And once we get them, KEEP THEM !
    If they had a way to get what they need at a REASONABLE PRICE, then they'd stay.
    GVS with prices is exactly what we've needed for a long time now, because finding what you need at a reasonable price and fairly quickly is something we've never had, and new players notice it right away and say "to hell with this"..........

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well as always I vote for global item search that list vendors location that has the item. Shopping mall towns are great if someone wants to go from vendor to vendor and search out items they don't know they want or to just see what's out there but not having a global item search is ridiculous and puts this game to shame. It is a basic UI function that really needs to be added even if it is very simplified. We can argue or discuss or debate it til the world ends. Lets finally just get it added in please.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  12. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

No, no, no, TOP5 MMO, it's TOP5 MMO.
    We play SoTa. We play SandBox MMORPG.
    SandBox and Global Item Search/Auction - it's not for SandBox MMORPG.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I disagree for a game that is broken up into so many living and scene spaces every player vendor in the game needs to be given a chance. Global is the only way for all to be heard of consistently

14. Angelique DeVailly

Angelique DeVailly Avatar

I might be wrong but the way i see it POT's werent originaly part of the game design. Housing and vendors were to be limited to npc towns so the public vendors are unused. Also a reason why towns seem so empty there are more POT's and vendors than actual players. Some vendors have beenrthere for years with nothing on them or old prices when stuff used to cost more. If we cant get a vendor search, maybe repurpose the public vendors link them together and reduce taxes on them, it could be a measuring stick for prices throughout the game on them, for example if you see beetles on there for such a price itll give you an idea what they should be worth anywhere else people could advertise on them too to their own vendors. And hidden gems would still be possible for those who enjoy the thrill of shopping. Going even further there could be a merchant skill tree more you post and sell you raise your skill letting you add more items, lower the taxing and so forth , many possibilities, you could even link the npc criers for advertisement as a gold sink, it would also bring people back to npc towns as a gathering spot perhaps.
    Anyways just my thought of a compromise on a subject that doesnt seem to be resolved anytime soon

Vaiden Luro and FBohler like this.
  15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I could see some cases where players would not want a global search to include their vendor. For example, if a vendor is serving the local town or a guild with intentionally cheap goods that were not meant to affect prices.

Perhaps, there could be an option to list a vendor's goods on the global exchange or not. Listing should incur an extra fee even if the vendor itself is free.

FBohler and Anpu like this.
  16. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Even Star Wars Galaxies didn't have a search with prices when it first was launched. It was only when the game was dying did they add prices. It didn't work then and it won't work now. This game will suffer tremendously if there is a global item search with prices. Every time this idea comes up, myself and other vet mmorpg players (emphasis on ones that have played many OTHER mmorpgs) are here to tell you it will implode, and it will do so quickly.

I'm sorry to say but this game has been plagued by ridiculous demands that were granted and it's not worked out well. Let's not go there again.

17. Chemical

Chemical Avatar

+1 for creating a auctioneer in a town that lists all items on vendors and allow you to sort by type etc, it doesn't need to list the price. There are WAY to many vendors in this game and there is so much garbage on all these vendors. Being able to visit an auctioneer would be a god send.

EverQuest had this same issue when they first released player vendors and then released a way to search for items and it guided you to that vendor.

18. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

100% with the amount of load screens and vendors/the huge amount of items aswell as weapons/armor having alot of different varieties to stats,gems etc.. this game has compared to others it is very much needed and I say this as a vet mmorpg player.

19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

20. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

This is something I wonder too and from the link she posted it seems to be talking about an auction house like wow ( I'm against this ) which has nothing to do with what some of us are saying here or alteast to what I am thinking which is basically a npc that lists the items in the town you are in that you can view the stats etc.. then you can set your compass which shows you the location of the vendor selling said item. YOU ARE STILL BUYING ITEMS FROM THE PLAYERS VENDOR IN THE TOWN THEY ARE LOCATED IN

Cathy Earnshaw, FrostII and Chemical like this.