Black cat (non-combat pet)

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Lilith Ayin, May 14, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I would like to buy a black cat (non combat pet) in COTO Store but first I would like to answer some questions.

1 - The text says that the cat follows you wherever you go. I understand that "wherever you go" means that he will come with me through the POT and anywhere in the world even if I leave my house.

2-If the cat accompanies me on my adventures, he may die and I imagine that I will be able to revive him just as I can revive my combat pet. There is also a limited time to resurrect him? If I do not realize that he is dead, do I lose the cat forever?

3 - How is the cat invoked?

4 - I take it for granted that my combat pet and the cat can accompany me at the same time, is that correct?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

a store pet is not quite the same as a tamed one. you will get an item that looks like a whistle, but it is not a whistle necklace and is not worn or used with the taming skills. it's like the whistle you can use to summon samael when you're in the quest scenes he's available.

if you place the whistle directly on your property, the cat will be a deco pet and will stay on the property.

if you double-click on the whistle in your inventory or use it from your noncombat bar,

[​IMG]

the cat will spawn as your pet, taking up the pet slot. you can only have one, not one store pet and one tamed/summoned pet.

if it dies, you can simply resummon it, same as samael, without resurrect. there's no time limit to summon it as it's not considered dead.

Anpu and Lilith Ayin like this.
  3. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thank you very much, Alley, after reading you I bought my kitten. But my disappointment is that he does not follow me, since he magnetizes like the rest of the pets :(

4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Lilith Ayin
    You can tame 2 cats in Sota according to Jaath Windsong's spreadsheet . One is a Calico and one is an Orange Tabby, both found in Highvale. These are non combat pets and will follow you around but I do believe they can be killed. I have not played with pets much so please test this.

5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

This is a bug with pet pathing and has to do with where you spawned your pet. If you spawn it from your inventory, even though you are on a lot, it will stick to the lot for a while until you leave the scene, or if you spawn it outside your lot and then enter the lot it will not come into the lot.

Just try calling it in different places, eventually you will get the hang of when to call it to have it follow you reliably. 90% of the time it is not a problem, but unfortunately it is an odd bug that happens in/around a lot you own.

6. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Old and outdated. Cat's have not been tamable for some time now for whatever reason I Dunno?

Went out to verify and still not happening.

Can we get a fix to this @Elgarion @Chris . As Cats used to be tamable.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that was a lum thing. anything that can be tamed can be killed and who wants to allow killing cats?

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

the great cat massacre 2 coming up!!! ;)

Anpu, Lazarus Long and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

We allow killing dogs, and they are FAR superior to cats

10. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Those cats in Highvale don't appear tameable:
    Loc: (69.736, 38.058, -171.124)
    Loc: (40.556, 38.093, -163.359)

11. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

These cats were marked to be tameable this release, but they seem to have vanished from this scene? Nevermind.. maybe they just moved, or perhaps the spawners for cats and dogs will randomly spawn either? .. found a tabby here now:
    66.023, 33.32, -132.747
    (but it's not tameable, so I'm bugging it). There used to be 2 cats at the coordinates on my previous post (Calico and Tabby)

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.